xisto Community
OpaQue

The Younger Generation Is More Intelligent ! Do you think so ?

Texting, Myspace, and playing video games doesn't make kids smarter. I've heard too many kids say we had to attack Iraq for what "they" did to "us" on 9/11. Even now, many young people support John McCain to stop those Iranians from destroying the US and Israel with their secret nuclear weapons. Young people are ignorant and a disgrace to the history of our country. Previous generations would be marching on Washington, protesting US imperialism, yet today's generation can't pull themselves away from their XBox 360s long enough to notice what's happening in the world. Texting, Myspace, and Wii are the best thing that's ever happened for those who wish to destroy freedom in this country. The only way to get young people riled is to unplug their game consoles, which won't happen since video games are a great babysitter.Also, do kids have the Constitutional right to bear arms? Of course not. Juveniles do not have Constitutional rights. Their rights are a legal extension of their parents rights. Oddly, but legally, children are regarded as the property of their parents, and therefore gain rights from their parents. It seems, though, that some entities don't realize this and are treating minors as if they do have direct constitutional rights. Hence, corporal punishment has been banned in many states, teachers fear violating the rights of students, and parents fear a visit from social services for spanking or otherwise violating the rights of their kids. The fact that kids don't have direct constitutional rights is why abortion is protected. In order to ban abortion, children (including the unborn) must be granted Constitutional rights. No, young people are not more intelligent. They're more spoiled, and their parents and govts. are responsible for it.Keep in mind that their are many exceptional young people out there. I'm only talking about some kids and parents, and how technology is making them dysfunctional.

Edited by mikeyboy63 (see edit history)

Texting, Myspace, and playing video games doesn't make kids smarter. I've heard too many kids say we had to attack Iraq for what "they" did to "us" on 9/11. Even now, many young people support John McCain to stop those Iranians from destroying the US and Israel with their secret nuclear weapons.

Young people are ignorant and a disgrace to the history of our country. Previous generations would be marching on Washington, protesting US imperialism, yet today's generation can't pull themselves away from their XBox 360s long enough to notice what's happening in the world.

Texting, Myspace, and Wii are the best thing that's ever happened for those who wish to destroy freedom in this country. The only way to get young people riled is to unplug their game consoles, which won't happen since video games are a great babysitter.

No, young people are not more intelligent. They're more spoiled, and their parents and govts. are responsible for it.

Keep in mind that their are many exceptional young people out there. I'm only talking about some kids and parents, and how technology is making them dysfunctional.

ROFL!

Haha, I completely agree with you.... especially about the myspace part :D

Anyways, you are quite correct. I have definitely noticed that many people my age are very, very, unintelligent.

Honestly, it is getting ridiculous....

One thing I have also noticed, is complete disregard for authority. Now, I'll admit, I have a disregard for authority, but only when they abuse their power, or are just plain wrong. But the specific example I am thinking of is cell phones during class times. My school has a policy that does not allow cell phones to be used during class, and many teachers do not allow you to use MP3 player, etc. during class times. Its really quite appalling to see all the people that have a complete disregard for this rule and think that it is unfair when they get rebuked for it! What the nuts people!

Anyways, time to bring this to a close. I do not think that young people are more intelligent that adults. If anything, the majority of them are getting worse everyday. We may know about computers, etc. than our parents, but trust me, the majority of young people could be considered legally retarded.

I think the younger generation is smarter because I am in it ;DAnyways, yes I think the younger generation is smarter. They learn from the mistakes the last generation made, like polluting, wars, violence, smoking, alcohol, disobeying laws, murder, suicide, racism, etc. Also, because we grow up seeing the bad things and learning to make it better. That's what the younger generation is taught to do.

about this

The Younger Generation Is More Intelligent !

To the OP

Intelligence can mean a couple of things.

Am 16 an I thought I was smart knowing, html, css, perl and currently learning java script but you would be suprised on how many people know these languages it kinda make me feel dumb :(

-reply by mike

It seems the younger generation seem to be more tech savvy. For example, students at school whilst I was attending Primary school in the mid 90s tend to be more smarter on tech-savvy products and learning products. Computers are a blatantly obvious example, with most students tend to know more about computers than "most" teachers, especially the older teachers. But when it comes to the programming side of things, yes, obviously younger people and those in their 20s or even early 30s tend to know a lot about code, the backend and how the programs/applications (especially on the internet side of things), work.

It seems the younger generation seem to be more tech savvy. For example, students at school whilst I was attending Primary school in the mid 90s tend to be more smarter on tech-savvy products and learning products. Computers are a blatantly obvious example, with most students tend to know more about computers than "most" teachers, especially the older teachers. But when it comes to the programming side of things, yes, obviously younger people and those in their 20s or even early 30s tend to know a lot about code, the backend and how the programs/applications (especially on the internet side of things), work.

But the thing is, younger people grew up with this stuff, so it's a lot easier to pick up, so the younger generation is not really smarter, just accustomed to new things.

Anyways, yes I think the younger generation is smarter. They learn from the mistakes the last generation made, like polluting, wars, violence, smoking, alcohol, disobeying laws, murder, suicide, racism, etc. Also, because we grow up seeing the bad things and learning to make it better. That's what the younger generation is taught to do.

That seems unlikely, because by your logic, problems would be eliminated quickly if each generation learned from the mistakes of the previous generation. War still occurs, violence is still everywhere, and genocides are still happening.

Dear Admin you are really correct with your conclusion. For example my son who is just 1.5 year old knows the use of remote control and mobile. But if I talk of myself I have never seen such things at the age of 1.5 of mine. So as they are exposed to the new techniques they are aware of it and so we can say that they are much more intelligent. Thats it. ?

the new generation is more nourished by all these great transgenic products improved by monsanto, and they are more stimulated by the technological environment that the parents provide. If the parents have bad genes and little money their kids will be worse in school then their peers, so in any time you will have smart kids and dumb kids. children have excelent learning habilities, for example, in the colonial era children were brought aboard in the expeditions so they could learn the local language. now that the world has become more complex, and the price of technology made it accessible to have stuff at home and within the reach of children, kids use their hability to gather knowledge and learn very fast, all we can do is sit back in awe...... but be careful, most kids will also break your stuff.

Evolution. Each one of need to find the problems and try to solve them. If we stop that this will slow our mind down. so if you don't want to stagnate then only option is to keep solving problems and keep working/modifying things for something better. Ideas/imagination no matter how vague all contribute to development of your mind. Kids are very good at this, till those kids 7-10th class in high school, they try all the ways to think metamorphically and that's what counts for progress. Once kids turned into adults, each of one them follow some protocol of society/religion/technology and mind starts stagnating. Some people do progress despite of that, but very few percentage of people manage to keep their head sharp like swiss knife. :)So coming back to question, i agree next generation will be much smarter than us. :)

Young people of the new generation are better, worse or the same as the old generation???The Younger Generation Is More Intelligent !In short the new generation has been opened up to technology and a new way of thinking, however this generation is spoiled and lack moral values such as integrity. The old generation, the further back you go the stronger they are due to the experiences they had to overcome which puts them on top of that subject. This specific point is so superior that it almost safe to say the previous generation is better, simply because the old generation could actually be taught everything this generation knows. The new generation however, can not go back and experience the same events that the old generation did.-reply by Hurley

We usually hear that the younger generation is intelligent and stuff. What do you think? Is it really true and if it is, what can be the reason for it ? What I feel is that, younger genration are intelligent because of the technologies they are exposed to. Which makes them think big and better! But I do not find any thing related to their thinking or skills...

I think that the younger generation have more scope of learning because they observe their parents and grand parents and learn from their mistakes and can take good lessons or teaching from them... Apart from this they have their own experiences which teach them a good lesson and add to their wisdom...So in this way also they are smarter than their previous generations............

We usually hear that the younger generation is intelligent and stuff. What do you think? Is it really true and if it is, what can be the reason for it ? What I feel is that, younger genration are intelligent because of the technologies they are exposed to. Which makes them think big and better! But I do not find any thing related to their thinking or skills...

I think that the younger generation have more scope of learning because they observe their parents and grand parents and learn from their mistakes and can take good lessons or teaching from them... Apart from this they have their own experiences which teach them a good lesson and add to their wisdom...So in this way also they are smarter than their previous generations............

Maybe because they are too expose with the new technologies and televisions. A little kid can instantly memorize a commercial jingle, when you are too expose at something even if you didn't plan to study it, you will learn it. But if I am a mother, I will teach my kids to develop talents and nurture abilities and to use it appropriately. I am not a fan of a person who knows everything but do nothing. I prefer a person who knows little but do great things.