xisto Community
OpaQue

The Younger Generation Is More Intelligent ! Do you think so ?

I'm sort of part of the next generation, I think. But i'm smart with computers and math. I dont say I'm the smartest but I'm smarter than a lot others in these things. Not really math, but computers. But I do feel special ;) that I am one of the 60 to make it to algebra a year early after having to take 2 tests. Heh. But the younger generation is probably smarter.

i have to agree with alot that has been said, the Generation X is learning from the Mistakes from the WWII error, but then again the Veitnam era is coming back to rely on the youth to fix their mistakes again.my niece for example is 3 she has master a computer to the point when she can navigate websites like nothing and has a strong vocabulary as well, I blame it on me her smart uncle.but then the youth are stupid they know right from wrong they just want to rebel against their parents, by smoking the weed, drinking the beer, cheating and or skipping school getting pregnant at 13 and so on and so on.to me i just feel sorry for the new generation of kids that will be coming.

Yes we are more smart because we have more stuff to work with such as computers and programs.We have flash,dreamweaver,vb6,photoshop cs2,and other stuff thats advanced at a young age.We have better schools and better stuff in school to learn and most of the schools are free so we dont have to pay to learn this stuff.

That's a hard question to figure out. I guess statistically, evolution has evolved humans to some degree for this generation than the last, and going back millions of years, our ancestors were all once single-celled organisms. So yes, scientifically, the newer generation SHOULD be more intelligent than the last. But due to the environment they are exposed to, pollution, chemicals, television, video games, I would normally say yes due to evolution, but these other factors, I would have to say no. The younger generation spends it's time in front of video games and television, and computers more now than they did in the past. Back then, they focused on physical toys, and outdoor activities which are essential for good health and intelligence to be maintained. I think that people are now on a downfall, where technology is being used extensively, which makes life easier, and people tend to get lazier and lazier all the time. So, our brains will too.

i also with clergyq, every generation adaptes to its circumstances. i mean, it's all about when and where you are born. the things you don't say you're smarter or not than your parents, the things you think (and you might not say the if you don't want to). that's why people seems to get confused and think that somebody is a fool because they don't speak too much or they're poor. you might not speak too mucho because you're just shy.if we were born on '30s, you would be used to do other things than most of us. and if you were born in the middle of the Amazonas, you would be used to do other most of us.and in both cases, if you put them in front of a PC, the MIGHT not know what to do.also, as a teenager, i can see that many of my friends haven't got an own point of view of the things. they just say what is said on TV, radio, etc. and what's going on? the media also control their point of view.maybe, the point of view of my grandpa was controlled by his family, but at least the family wanted (what they thought was) the best for him. now, the media control my friends to get more money and more power. and i'm not saying that we should live inside our houses, far away from what happens in the world. please don't misunderstand me.but i'm just saying that all my friends live playing with mobile phones (wherever), PC, PlayStation; watching TV, etc, and IT IS a drug. drug is everything that makes addiction. and the media use that addiction, for their own. the stuff is not to cacht the first point of view we see. check them all out, and choose which is the most human

Yeah, I think it's true. The youngsters will be more intelligent than us. Why? Look at the SAT for example...they just made the NEW SAT. School starts requiring higher standars...and so on. So, yeah...I think youngsters will be more "intelligent" than us.

I believe that the same as each new generation is higher than the previous one, each generation that happens is also more intelligent than the previous one, I believe that not yet we have finished the evolution of the human esoecie from australopitecus.Our day intelligence killed us, the humans created robots but intelligent that them and these in turn killed us to all.We should improve our intelligence, worse to control in that invest our intelligence

Yup that's right. We youngens are smarter cause we do learn from mistakes of earlier times and we have a more organized and better way of teaching and stuff cause we are learning how to do things from other things we might have done wrong. The only problem is the smarter person is the less common sense they have :D so I hear. lol Anyway, ya the world has more to offer to kids like me these days. It is for the better though I believe.

No being younger does not make you smarter, you are just better at certain things then the generation before you because that is what you are brought up around. For instancemy dad was born 50 years ago. He knows absolutly nothing about computers, hell i dont think he knows how to turn one on!But he can also weild pretty much anything, something that i cant do.Being younger just means you get all the technolgy that prevous generations invented droped into your lap, making it appear you are smarter.

We usually hear that the younger generation is intelligent and stuff. What do you think? Is it really true and if it is, what can be the reason for it ?

What I feel is that, younger genration are intelligent because of the technologies they are exposed to. Which makes them think big and better! But I do not find any thing related to their thinking or skills...

33049[/snapback]

Yes, thats perfect. We humans keep inventing new things day by day, new technology and many other things. When a kid is born, he/she is directly taken to the higher point instead of starting from the early ages where man used to hunt with stick and stones.

Education is what i'm talking about. Children are educated to the level where technology has reached and this helps them become more intelligent as they start making new innovations from that point in a very early age.

I think new generation is smarter evry time.. Like when my parents where my age they didn't had such thing as computer and no such thing as Internet.. They learned it when they had about 30 years.. But I in my 14 years know lot more about computers then they in theyr age.. And the next generation which will have more usefull staff will learn more and faster then I wil.. Maybe it's by the knowledges in us.. We know that knew our parents + what we have learned.. So the next generation will know more of the 21st century sience more and more things get clearlyer..Maybe there is diffrent type of resulution but I think like that..

Well i am 13 now, Soon 14 (24th march :D), i Know loads of Computers, Programming, Designing and all cool stuff, i do NOT smoke (yay free car license cash ^^), so its problety becouse of my parents, my dad is good with Computers to so i problety got it from him.~ Arne-Christian

No. Kids are smarter, but lack judgement. Kids are down right stupid in terms of lacking judgement. And although I am not really a kid, I still fit in around that age group. I see other kids our there doing drugs. You can hardly find a kid that hasn't done drums or smoked before. Peer pressure rules in the lives of young kids and teens as they struggle to fit in. The recipe equals? Disaster, we find suicide a daily occurence and everyday someone is partying and drives home drunk putting others and himself in harms way.Although we may be more technologically advanced as far as game boy and computers, we grew up with it where as our parents did not. The problem is that the information passed down that helped our mom and dad is not "sticking" in kids today. They see the new world of technology where airbags should save your lives and where we can fly at supersonic speeds. What do they get? Some old fashioned information like don't drink and do drugs or smoke, and then see everyone else doing it and it IS the cool thing to do. This is just my opinion. Smarter, but lacking the judgment needed to cope with daily life and life saving and character building decisions. No offense to any kids out there, I am included with you in this.

We usually hear that the younger generation is intelligent and stuff. What do you think? Is it really true and if it is, what can be the reason for it ?

What I feel is that, younger genration are intelligent because of the technologies they are exposed to. Which makes them think big and better! But I do not find any thing related to their thinking or skills...

33049[/snapback]

I think that the youngour generation are more intelligent because they are exposed to the newest tehnology and apparently they have better techers than we used to have also they are starting to use all these online learning sites like bbc bitsize and other sites like that but i could be completly wrong and it could have nothing to do with any of that and its just in there jeans given to them by there parents, or there parents are making them work harder than normal because they want them to get good jobs