xisto Community
Imtay22

Does Gmail Have Too Much Spam Emails? Vote

Does Gmail give too much spam emails?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thats funny.... I like get one or two spam emails a month in gmail. I think they must have a really good filter or something, because in hotmail I get like 30 spam emails per month. Maybe its because my gmail account is older than my hotmail account, but I dont know really. What I do know is that the more you post your email in webpages, forums, blogs.. etc, the more spam you are likely to get.

It depends on what you use your email add for. I had one email add that I use for work and school stuff, and another for other less important stuff. Once I used it to register at some website for free software, and the following weeks, *bam* lots and lots of spam email. If I leave it alone for 2 weeks, I can get up to 200 spam emails. The good thing is that most of it is filtered into the spam box so I can just delete them with a click of the button. My other email is still spam free. So if you don't want spam in your email, best is you get another email account to do site and forum registrations.

Yep... yes to your question.I get many spam to my mail.. NO denying on that. but i know the reason why...Because i have been using gmail for over the past 4 years as my primary mail account and its there everywhere....But also i don get any spam to my inbox...its all there ready to delete on a single click inside the "Spam label"...so why do you think you have to worry about that if its in the proper place...And in the first place gmail or any provider cannot prevent spam. They are not spammers i believe.Also almost all (99.99%) of all the spams are filtered properly. Only in the last few months i have been receiving one or 2 spam mails to my inbox. I guess that will too vanish in the future. Gmail is a very good service.

Nope, because I don't give my googlemail details away - if I need to use an account for any purpose that even has a chance of generating spam, I give my yahoo one and set up a redirect based on the incoming email address.Yahoo - it's my spam wastebasket. :P

My main account has around 20 spam emails a day, but my other account, which I rarely use, has none at all.Always have an email you don't give to anyone, tell the spammed email to forward to that email.

getting rid of spam

Does Gmail Have Too Much Spam Emails?

Hello Right noe I have almost 4000 spam messages. The only way I can find to get rid of them is by checking them one at a time. This method will take for ever. Can you help?

Sherrie Malik

-question by sherrie malik

I actually get less spam with Gmail, then with Yahoo Mail. Plus, Gmail is just better than Yahoo Mail in some many ways, that I will never go back.

Gmail does a good job of filtering Spam into the Spam folder in my experience, much better than any other Email I have. A lot of Emaikl does nothing for spam, so I say Gmail is great for this reason. No problems with spam here!

I've been using Gmail for four years now . . . I actually do get more spam than I did with yahoo. Still, I think its perks make up for it. Like, say, the space, the way it's set up, the overall organization, the space . . the space? I couldn't care how much spam I get . . I'd never stop using gmail.

Well can't GMail set up a filter from sending spam? Like HotMail has not that much spam, and about half of the mail in my inbox is spam. Weird?!

Agreed. I got 40 spam mails a day, and someone is faking our emails. A gmail user send me a mail to remove me from mailing list. Well, I did not knew him, and I don't have any lists :lol: what's wrong? Well, he gave me a copy of the email a spammer used PHP to faked my email address. And most of my spam comes from gmail users.

I will admit I get alot of spam on my gmail accounts, but I never see it, I check my emails and only occaisionally get spam, normally when they come from 'real-looking' accounts. I have been getting ones visit 'help4freedom dotcom'anyone else?