xisto Community
Imtay22

Does Gmail Have Too Much Spam Emails? Vote

Does Gmail give too much spam emails?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have about 3 accounts with Google and 2 of them are spam free. Completely. I'm saying - I have never had any spam mail sent to two of the accounts. You receive spam mail when spammers obtain your email address. They may do this by getting it from websites where you list your email address, from a chain email that had your email included in it, etc. Yes - they may even obtain it from that Gmail picture you have in your signature.Basically, if you do not want to have any spam, keep your email private. Only give your address to those who need it.But with Hotmail it's another story, you register for an account at Hotmail and you automatically are signed up for about 5 websites that send you spam e-mail, haha.

Yes, to prevent spam you'll actually have to prevent it from spreading out, because many *companies* use *ways* of getting your e-mail address like posting you e-mail on a huge <h1> header on your website isn't going to help. But trick the bot into thinking that it isn't a real e-mail address or give them a false address but you let your viewers knowi.e. john.baker@hotmail.com is clearly a valid e-mail so bots will bookmark that and you'll get spambut john.baker#hotmail.com.delete.this will trick the bot into thinking that it isn't an e-maillast but not least, only if you know how to code in javascript, java, or something similar you can create an animation or one of those security boxes which should trick bots but to our eyes looks normal

I've seen spam several times in my gmail inbox, but it is still not as much spam as my Lycos account after blacklisting phrases, nor does it filter as little spam as mail.com or yahoo, so it is okay by my standards, and I hope they continue to block spam mail.

I've been using gmail for awhile now, and out of all the email services i've signed up for, gmail is by far the best.With my previous email accounts with yahoo, tons of spam have made its way into my inbox, and it's mostly my fault because I do throw my email address around the internet, but it still should be able to detect spam. With my gmail accounts, i've rarely found spam in my inbox and i still do throw my email address around as much as I did with my yahoo address... the spam emails always find their way into my spam folder :D.I have several gmail accounts for different things, and spam's never a problem.All I can say is that if you want to recieve less spam, just watch where you decide to give it out.

The spam you get in your gmail account is blame of your browsing and internet social behavior.If you share your gmail address to many people, you'll get a lot of spam after some days.If you don't believe in this, just open a gmail account and don't share the address to anyone. You'll find a gmail account without any kind of spam or advertising.Try it. :P

I have never had any problem with spam on gmail. I have used my email to sign up for a lot of thing, but I unclick the "subscribe me to Publication X" box and I'm fine. If you want to stop certain addresses, go to settings and create a filter with the senders name as the keyword. I got sick of my Barnes and Noble Emails after a few months and did this; it deleted them before they got to my inbox.-5474N 54Y5

I did never get a spam e-mail from GMail. I have both GMail and ABV (Bulgarian mail) accounts, and I'm receiving spam only in the ABV, mostly from Yahoo and Hotmail.

I don't know about that. I have an gmail account but I don't even use it. And every time I go on it there's no spam emails or any kind of email. Maybe you just register somewhere where they just keep on sending you tones of spam emails. I don't really know but yeah...

It's interesting to note that in the last 2 week gmail has added over 2 gigs of space in the email accounts, but its even more interesting that I haven't heard anything about it, yeah I could just check the google blogs about this but thats to much of an effort :P.

It's interesting to note that in the last 2 week gmail has added over 2 gigs of space in the email accounts, but its even more interesting that I haven't heard anything about it, yeah I could just check the google blogs about this but thats to much of an effort laugh.gif.

I have 2 account with Gmail, but in one account its showing around 4 GB and in other 2 GB. And the first ID is more used by me and also contains more mails. I think they might be having some program to give space as per individual requirement.