xisto Community
Burke

Does Age Matter?

In my opinion, age differences, is a kind of subject which depends on your country and your culture. In some countries, it's Ok for a young girl to be around with an older guy or the exact opposite ( a younger boy with an older girl). So, sometimes it can be good but some times it may be bad and you may be rejected by the society surrounding you. But, personally speaking, If both girl and boy are over the legal age and they are both wise to understand the different aspects of their decision, it can be good.

in most of the society girl with with bit older man not consider bad as you can seen in bollywood, hollywood movies. but old woman with boy consider odd and usually people laugh.

Age doesn't matter. Do you have friends because of their age ? No. Do you love someone because of their age ? No. But if you answer yes to these questions. You're just another social-trend follower. You better feel good about yourself by following rules of society and start caring about what society and your peers think. Else follow what you think and then decide age really matters ?. We're not in friendship or in love as per guidelines of society. If anybody is doing that then they're bunch of sheeps following sheepdog. So better decide for yourself when it comes to point of age.

love is like a rosary that full of mystery.. that was the quote my mother always tell me when i ask about love...i once in a situation that the girl is much older than me.. i am 17 and she is 19.. i ain't feel any differences.. we love each otherand she care for me.. so i must say that.. age doesn't matter when it comes to love.. you didn't know where... or to whom your heartwill beat... but one thing... sometimes those beats.. aren't true..

Of course the age matters. Or you will can fall in love with a 90 years old woman or something for example. You need to meet the people and fall in love. In the most of cases the peoples who fall in love are of a close age. But the extremist like the Fundamentalist Mormons believe that the age doesn?t matters and they celebrate marriages between a 75 years old man and a 16 years old woman. That in the natural work is ridicoulus. And I don?t support this because it looks like a kidnapping or something like that I can?t explain that.The age matters a lot. Don?t be a child.

The basic social rule is 1/2 the age of the older party, plus 5 years.So if there's a 70 year old man, the woman has to be 40 for it to be socially acceptable. You hear about these kind of marriages all the time, and while it may sound weird and may make you cringe, the marriage isn't going to draw any criticism. If, however, the woman is 30, then she's seen as a gold digger, and he's seen as looking for a good lay . . . all sorts of negativity.This rule even works for younger people. Men who are 30 can date women who are 20. It's not pretty, but it happens and nobody really twitches about it.So basically, age does matter, but the boundaries are loose and nobody really cares that much.Another problem with age is the gap between wisdom levels and personal beliefs. A man who grew up before WW2 probably isn't going to get along well with a flower child from the 70s. It's just too wide a breach to cover with love. She'll be all like "free love, man!" And he'll be all like "back in my day we didn't have rap music" and things will devolve from there.

Legal age is 18 and you are valid for a contract only if you are over 18 years of age. As you said that you are in a relationship and both of you are minor, I think the relationship is not a valid one. On attaining maturity, either of you may prefer to enter in to new relationship.There is a lot more difference between matured relationship and immature relationship. Yours is immature one and so one can not predict its future. Moreover, history reveals that most of the young age relationships are unsuccessful.

AGE MATTERSDoes Age Matter?

I don't think it is a good idea... Maybe it would be best for you guys to break it off, and find someone more you r age... and if she doesn't understand then she is obviously immature and if you want to be with a girl like that, then I guess that's your fault.

-reply by Niki Riley

I know how it is I'm also in the same situation and I think that age shouldnt matter.  If you really love her and want to be with her then why not stay with her.  It bugs me when you really like or love someone but people think that age matters when if the people are happy with who they got then they should be together.  I'm 17 dating a 14 and I say don't let parents or anybody else get in the way of the person you truely love!

I have the same situation. I am dating an 18 and I am 14. My parents get in the way and he gets mad but we realize that we really do like each other a lot and were not gonna let anything stand in our way. We meet through  a friend who was always tryin to get us together, we waited until we were both in high school. He is going off to college next year but that's next year! AGE DOESN'T MATTER!

Me and my boyfriend are 2 1/2 years apart. I'm 15, about to turn 16, and he's 18. We have been dating on and off for almost a year and a half. Our problems have mostly been because of the age difference. He wants to join the military and start a family in the next 5 years, while I'm still a sophmore in high school. We love each other a lot, but I'm not quite ready to sign my life away. When we did break up I tried dating other guys closer to my age, but no one ever compared. I found myself compatable with a few but as young teen boys are, they aren't looking for a relationship, unless it is a sexual one. So, while I believe age does matter, I'm very happy with my older boyfriend.

I do not think it really mattersi think what matters are maturity levelsif someone can keep up with me and can carry a conversation with me without annoying me to piecesor me thnking omg ur so creepyishly old, then i will consider themi dont base my decisions based on a numberif its meant to be.. ITS MEANT TO BE

how do you know you love eachother? do you know what love is at such a young age? i doubt a 14 year old knows. second, when you turn 18, she'll only be 15. that's going to look bad on you....being a legal adult and with a 15 year old. where are her parents to protect against a relationship like this?!?!? this is an old thread so i am assuming you are 18 now. age NEVER matters where love is concerned....except for minors. the law will be on the side of the 15 or 16 year old.....and for good reason. i hope you know why laws are in place to protect minors. if not, you're just plain sick and need some help. if you can't wait 3 years to enter in to a normal relationship, then it wasn't worth having to begin with. think on that when you're sitting their confused for no good reason.

Does age matter when you are in a relationship?i am currently 17 and i am in a relationship with a 14 year old girl. there is only 3.5 years difference.. and we love each other. She is proabably more mature then i am, so does age really matter?

umm noDoes Age Matter?

Okay. I'm 18 and my gf is 15 turning 16. Their is a little bit of an age difference. Their is not very much of a mature difference with us. You can laugh and have fun with what ever. But when serious topics come up we sit down and talk them out as best as we can. As for the sex aspect of it and statutory rape. If she really does care for you then she will stay with you without having sex, and vice versa. We were being intimate with one another at one point in time however, the parents found out and we were punished. Our time with one another was limited and it was hard for the first while not being able to see her. But after a while of not being intimate everything got much better. At a young age I have seen that sex clouds your mind and I am very thankful we got caught mostly because we see each other in a new light, a light that will go on for years and years to come. Through thick and thin. Thank you for listening.-reply by spawn