xisto Community
googlue

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous? to the users health...

Are mobile phones dangerous?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, I beleive that mobile phones are dangerious, that does not stop me from using mine, in fact, I recently bought another one so I have one for each NZ network.They are EXTRMELY DANGEROUS in a plane, and Nokia batteries are known for exploding (however, I would NEVER go away from Nokia, I have tried other phones, but Nokia has been the best, its a bit more expensive, but well worth it)I do beleive that the radiation is not good, especially when they have large external aerials which are made to look like part of the phone, these are on many phones today. There are warnings not to touch them, possibly (my own lil theory) because the signals travel through your body, and could cause damage, it does however extend the signal if you are DYING and you need signal.

are mobile phones dangerous

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous?

I don't understand how a mobile phone can be classified as dangerous if a mobile phone is dangerous everything must be dangerous ! for example how can a mobile phone cause cancer ???

In my opinion I do noy believe this and probz wont until it is properly proven !

-reply by sarah

and Nokia batteries are known for exploding (however, I would NEVER go away from Nokia, I have tried other phones, but Nokia has been the best, its a bit more expensive, but well worth it)

I don't really like Nokia. I prefer Sony Ericsson, it's user-friendly.

I remember Mythbusters doing an experiment on this, they had 1000 phones and placed them on an egg to see if they could raise the temp of the egg. In short nothing happened to the egg.I do not think that moble phones are inherently dangerous. HOWEVER the way people use them can be, if you are not paying attention to driving cuz you are chatting on a phone then yes it is dangerous that way but otherwise i do not believe that my phone will EVER cook my brain in any way.

Ok so if you use your phone like I do then there may be some risk. Most people though, will not receive any ill effects. Anyway, most new phones nowadys are completely safe.

You do know that the risk of sponaneously combusting is signiicantly less than the risk of mobile phone damage the reason I say this is because it is in fact impossible to spontaneously combust!!!

Replying to akzWhat Do You Mean Everything Will Cause Cancer! Everything Is Bad For Us They Tell Us To Eat Loads Of Fruit Veg And Whole Grain And 10 Years Ago It Wasn't A problem! It Takes The Mik!-reply by kirsty

Yeah i know. I think they are dangerous in actual fact. I noticed that whenever i am obn my mobile to my friend, after i finish my ear hurts a bit. Is that me or is my phone killing me?Oh yeah if you got a tube monitor for your computer and you got a phone sitting right under it, if you have an incoming text it makes the screen shake slighty. I thought a magnet was next to it but it was my phone.Or is that just me again?

Are They Safe?

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous?

For my Science case study which is part of my science gcse we have to right whether mobile phones are right or wrong. Does any one have any information? is there evidence they are a risk to health? xx

-reply by Alyssa

Personally, I think they can be, but it is a very small chance, so I would try not to worry about it too much.The infra-red and Micro-waves are running around you all the time when you are near wireless products, not just your mobile phone, but also your wireless internet, cordless house phone ETC.The risk is that if these waves, that are carrying photons (Little packets of energy) hit at a certain spot on a cell (This is VERY unlikely) then it could ionize the cell (Essentially killing the cell), thereby causing a Melanoma (Cancer)This is very unlikely, almost as unlikely as the infra-red rays from the sun doing the same. Everyone knows that the sun can cause cancer, but nobody walks around inside a lead box 24/7, it just isn't done. Be aware of the risk and try to manage it, but you cant live in fear, so wear sunscreen, but still go outside, or (Back on the topic of mobile phones) Use them, but no more than you need to.Its all about being aware of the risks, but not living in fear. You cant let statistics about cancer run your life.Thanks.

Edited by Wetton (see edit history)

As far as I know, no-one has died as a direct result of using a mobile, surely this is enough proof?.I don't suffer any of those symptoms when using my phone, I don't think their dangerous. In my opinion its just a load of people who get kicks' out of seeing people worry, with every new piece of technology there's always people who fail to see the good side, point out potential health risks and never speak out about the positives.If teleportation was ever invented (not in my lifetime for sure...) then i'm sure they'll be 1000's of crazy scientists saying that you'll be teleported into a new planet and contract a new killer desease or something.Until its proven then you've just got to assume that it doesn't affect your health!