xisto Community
googlue

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous? to the users health...

Are mobile phones dangerous?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think there is not much transparency about this. Often, some scientists say this, then say that... you can't trust nobody when we are talking about an industry that moves so much money theses days. Mobile phones are one of the greatest industries so companies have a lot of power... we know that wars begin because money interests are involved, so how could we trust when they say that we must be calm, because there's no risk at all. I don't know exactly how much is the risk, but certainly I don't think mobile phones are good for our health at all. We are attached to them almost 24 hours a day and I think that the slightest radiation must cause harm when it's working continuously. Yes, there are some other devices more risky, like microwave ovens, but we don't stay in front of them for hours and hours. What is a reality is that cancer cases are growing and growing in our societies and our technologic gadgets must be involved to some extent.

I'd say, after reviewing a study, I'm more inclined now to believe that reasonable cell phone use isn't going to have a lasting impact upon physical health of the user. Also, I feel better having read that in saying that living near or working near a cell phone tower is basically harmless. So don't worry about that cell tower on your school grounds and never mind that warm feeling you've got on your ear after talking on a phone for a half hour. It's all good...

probly a while ago now but i was watching a show called myth busters on tv and busted this myth. they do not cause damage to your brain (apart from talking too much.lol) and do most certainly do not cook ittheres my view

probly a while ago now but i was watching a show called myth busters on tv and busted this myth. they do not cause damage to your brain (apart from talking too much.lol) and do most certainly do not cook it

theres my view

Please tell me you don't base all your views in life on what you see on T.V.... MythBusters is NOT always right.

Thanks. There are some pretty silly, I mean, evil people in it.

Well, I happened to stumble across another report that indicates that studies up to now have been irrelevant due to the fact that tumors from cell phones will take some time, like at least ten years, to develop. The conclusion of this article is simple and common sense: "Cars should be fitted with external antennas, people should use hands-free kits and children should only make calls in emergencies." I concur. I try to be attached to the car antenna as much as possible when talking on my PCS phone.

P.S. I know this topic is older, but shouldn't it be placed in "Health and Fitness"? I wonder if it's possible to place a mirror of it there. That's where I'd go if I was looking for the subject.

Yes they are very bad. Just like putting your face up to the microwave oven watching those pizza pockets nuke.Even driving under power lines is bad for you. Then there are the cases like Nokia recalling ilke millions of batteries because they are exploding. Yikes. Got the hands free phone and keep it away from your head.

I don't often ring people i mainly text so my fingers start to hurt after a while. :P hiaaaaaa I think mobile phones are very dangerous but i love them. i would die if i didn't have a mobile.-maja

giving young children under the age of 12 should not be legally allowed to purchase a mobile simply because they our bad for our health! =[-katie

Personally I think mobile phones aren't that bad for you =] yeah they aren't exactly good but every time we use one we don't drop down dead do we? its just another one of these silly things scientists (which no doubt own a mobile phone themselves) are getting head over heels about! =]-katie

idk, cell phones are probably bad for you, but they haven't done anything to me. i talk on the phone for like 4 hours a day on average. i really hope that this isn't doing any long-term damage. sorry to contradict what i said before, but i don't think cell phone physically do any damage to you, except that your arm starts to hurt after a while. get a headset or a speaker-phone dealy.

s i do accecpt it///....i have some probs in my ear after i start using mobile fones...

cell phone use radio waves which are form of electro-magnetic force that is basicly all around us. what we se, what we hear, and most of the times feel are just transformations of electro-magnetic force. mobile or cell phone use radio waves that are similar to plain radio waves, just on higher frequency but many transmitors more than radio.human don't suffer from plain radio waves even they egzist for 50 or more years, and now fear of mobile phone, but we have more bad things to fear about.

s i do accecpt it///....i have some probs in my ear after i start using mobile fones...

It might happen due to the heat, volume and the posture....

Anyway I think that mobiles are dangerous when abused but when you talk about radiation.. I have my doubts my uncle has carried his cell phone near his private parts for more than a decade but he never had any problems....

What bugs me is when people listen to music at a high volume when they are driving, walking down the street or in some other important activity.. Recently there was an accident where a teenager got hit by a car, at first they started hitting the driver thinking it to be his fault but later found out that the teen was listening to music on his phone and therefore could not hear the man honking..

This topic is one that is very contradictory for every now and then, there will be a report or study saying something and then another one saying otherwise...

I have this essay to do on "are mobile phones dangerous" so can anyone give me their views on it so I can put it in my essay.-Sheri

It is not the microwave radiation that causes the problem but ELF or extremely low frequency radiation. Digital mobile phones pulse ELF (you can hear this if you stand near a radio when your mobile is 'retraining' to its base station - the buzzing interference is ELF. Our brains work at a frequency of around 18Hz - ELF near this frequency can cause short term effects, especially for some people who are 'electro-sensitive'. More worrying is that we have no idea what the long term effects may be. I wear a Bioguard from Ecoflow. It's a simple crystal oscillator that creates a phase-delayed reflection which cancels out some of the ELF. Does it help? Well, I think it does and all my family wear them too. There is a simple test of the effect of Bioguard while using a mobile phone at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ lawrie