xisto Community
googlue

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous? to the users health...

Are mobile phones dangerous?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A long time ago, I saw this little thing that you put on the speaker supposedly blocks the radiation on some TV ad. If you ask me these days, it seems like bogus (except to all those teenage girls - and even guys - who yap almost 24/7; you know what I mean :lol:) , especially to me, because I rarely use a cell phone.
Also, as far as exploding cell phones go, see this article on PC World, about counterfeit hardware peeking in all over the world.

Well it probably cant be any good. I guess it will be after long term usage or something, but then again we have other things to worry about, in my particular case, I would worry more about using the pc than using a cell phone (because its what I use the most) not because of my brain, ... I hope, but I do worry about my vision, also sleep, so If I ever have a problem because of a cell phone it probably will be to late because the pc or lack of sleep are a step ahead.

I doubt its true. Its just like the antenna booster scam, it tries to make you buy a product, but it doesn't work. I doubt that talking on a phone can give you cancer or anything like that

Ok. You only use up 5% of your brain in your lifetime!! to use it up completely ud have 2 b learnin non stop for at least 10,000 years to use it up. If ur mobile fries ur brain itll fry less than 0.01%!! same goes 4 beer killin off ur brain cells. ur more likly 2 die from smokin!!(Im English so i say mobile instead of cell phone)

mobile is need of today's each and every person,now mobile phone companies should concentrate on removing those things from mobiles which causes any type of damage to human being.I get scared of reading these type of topics but when days of life are finished then no mobile can save us!! i dont think that mobile causes headache etc..one thing i heard the most is that putting mobile in front pocket can be dangerous for heart .

View 1 is my view.
Let me give another example:
Cars are driving over a bridge with a frequency of 10 cars per minute. The bridge can handle upto 40000 kg. Each car weighs about 1000 kg.
10 cars = 10*1000 kg = 10000 kg
We then quickly find out that the bridge will break in
40000 kg / 10000 kg = 4 minutes!

lol If they cross the bridge though they won't all be on the bridge at the same time so it wouldn't matter. If all 40 cars were on the bridge then sure it would collapse.

I really don't think Mobile Phones are really that dangerous. Even if the radiation amounts to a large number over 10 years, don't you think it will excess your body in those 10 years? Luckily I don't even talk that long anyway because I have no need to. I don't think I have ever talked that long except when I was tutoring a friend on the phone.

First, a cell phone tower on the school grounds is very unlikely to affect anyone. The antennas are usually at least 60 feet off the ground and by the time the radiation hits the ground it's less harmful than sitting next to a CRT when it's on (watching TV in the old days).

Second, phones are 0.1 watts (0.6 watts according to this article https://www.sciencenews.org/search?st=articles+fob1 I think it varies with the frequency usage), not 3 watts. The only 3 watt phones are either attached to an amplifier in your car or home with an external antenna connected to the phone and usually mounted on the roof top of a car or old first generation phones which are mostly consigned to museums at this point (we're mostly using 3rd Gen now with a few 2 Gen stragglers out there).

I'm a Cell Field Technician/ Field Engineer and I've been working around cell antennas either roof mounted, water tank mounted, monopole mounted, even church steeple mounted for about a decade now. I've roasted my butt near them before, but I've never stood there for so long that it might possibly cause smoke to start rising from my pants. ;) I'd probably move if I lived in an apartment that had antennas mounted on the roof right above me, but they mount those on the edges of the roof so if you live toward the center of the building you'll be alright.

I'm personally cautious, when I'm in the car I attach the lead to the roof mounted antenna and when I'm not in the car, I try to limit my conversations as much as I can. I'm mostly just a tightwad and don't want to incur too much air time. ;)

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

If there's any danger using cellphones, it's using them at the wrong time, ie. driving.As is, it's just as harmless as the PC. (you need to take a break sometimes though)

your mobilephonre is harmfull for you only when while speaking you keep it ti close to your ear..so we could say that it is harmless if now only one thing... every time we find ourselves in a crowds of people speaking on their mobiles.. i think it is really harmfull