xisto Community
OpaQue

Free Domain Name Free Domain for Life.

Hey, Godaddy.com is one of the main leading competitors of domain hosting, resold registration and advertising for all the above. The company offers no free solutions or anything, it's just a big company. They sell cheap domain names (10$ like normal) and try to put pressure on that price. They also have had enough time to advertise on websites, tv and even a super bowl. I believe their ad was taken from the super bowl at the last second though because it was 'too controversial.' Godaddy.com is just a common 'house hold' name as for as far as web developers in my area go.

i have just ONE LAST question, then am going for it:1) i would like to, once i am approved, use only my domain, and not use the bthaxor.trap17.com anymore. however, i would like to do this in the following way: my mysql databases stay the same, and under the same name, as with all my files and their chmods etc. however the only difference is that my website is at a new address (obviously), and maybe that i have to use a different server to log into my ftp. is this possible?if this is possible, even if it means giving up a few more credits, then im going for it right away.

If you log into the account management page, you should see an option to change your domain name. This will remove your subdomain and replace it with whatever domain you tell it to use (as long as you have set the correct DNS on the domain). All your files, cPanel login, CHMODing and databases will stay exactly the same. Your FTP server will change however, from ftp.username.trap17.com to ftp.newdomain.com (or whatever TLD you chose).

I believe it will cost 15 credits to change your domain name though, so make sure you've got some saved up.

does that mean that you must pay two credits a day, because you are upkeeping both a subdomain and a domain?

The domain name costs 250 credits instead of X.XX USD so every time you wish to renew your domain, you have to submit 250 credits and it will be renewed for that year. Only hosting is charged at 1 credit a day :)

Get 280 credits, apply, get domain for a year, then after the year get another 280 and re apply for it again?

280 credits pay for 1 month of hosting + 1 year of free domain renewal. only a domain renewal requires the 250 credits :) Your hosting credits depends on your posts..

Its a great thing that Xisto is giving free domains with free hosting now .However im a bit confused with the condition that u need to be hosted fist before you can apply for a free domain.I'm not sure what does that mean ?Cant we just apply for hosting and free domain name together once we have accumulated the required credits.

i think this has to be the best idea ever a way to make a website forfree but keep it legit its awsome i dont have enough money to spend on programs needed for my company and ttry to pay for a website so this is very convinient for me and my company so i thank you for having this site :o

Ok let me get this straight. Example I already have hosting here, any package. How many Credits to I need to avail this Free Domain Name?What IF I have no hosting, at the same time I would like my website to be hosted here for free at the same time avail of the Free Domain Name, how many hosting credits?:o

I request the members to read the initial posts and the other posts that have been made in this thread :oYou can already be hosted here and then get the free domain later.. If you are already hosted and then apply for the domain, the credit charge is 250 (280 for domain +package)

Ok let me get this straight. Example I already have hosting here, any package. How many Credits to I need to avail this Free Domain Name?
What IF I have no hosting, at the same time I would like my website to be hosted here for free at the same time avail of the Free Domain Name, how many hosting credits?:P

If your hosted you only have to pay ( in the literally sense) 250 credits, but if you don't have hosting and want to get a domain then you pay 280. It seems a lot but if you post about 5 credits a day in lieu of getting that package it would take about a month and a half, and if you post about 10 credits a day simple math says you can get that in 28 days. Although you can post for as many credits as you want but those would be the minimum amount of credits you would need in order to get it as fast as possible while maintaining forum protocol on what constitutes as a good post. So try to spread yourself out to as many forums as possible and that way you don't get yourself trapped on one forum, and I would recommend checking out the introduction forum as that is a good place to earn some quick credits and meet new people as well, but if you want to cut through all that and be able to help Xisto out purchase credits here. I would get the 185 credit one since that will cut down on your posting by a few weeks based on the formula I given up above

I have a question about this too. If your credits go below 0, then do you automatically lose the domain? Or does it stay until you lose your hosting?Also, if you do get the domain, does the rate at which you ahve to post (credit ratio) increase? So, for example, would I have to post 900 characters instead of 600 to get 1 credit?

I have a question about this too. If your credits go below 0, then do you automatically lose the domain? Or does it stay until you lose your hosting?

No, once you pay 250 credits for the domain you will get to keep the domain for the whole year.

Also, if you do get the domain, does the rate at which you ahve to post (credit ratio) increase? So, for example, would I have to post 900 characters instead of 600 to get 1 credit?

No it does not increase in any way, the domain once gotten is yours for the year <_<

If your hosted you only have to pay ( in the literally sense) 250 credits, but if you don't have hosting and want to get a domain then you pay 280. It seems a lot but if you post about 5 credits a day in lieu of getting that package it would take about a month and a half, and if you post about 10 credits a day simple math says you can get that in 28 days. Although you can post for as many credits as you want but those would be the minimum amount of credits you would need in order to get it as fast as possible while maintaining forum protocol on what constitutes as a good post. So try to spread yourself out to as many forums as possible and that way you don't get yourself trapped on one forum, and I would recommend checking out the introduction forum as that is a good place to earn some quick credits and meet new people as well, but if you want to cut through all that and be able to help Xisto out purchase credits here. I would get the 185 credit one since that will cut down on your posting by a few weeks based on the formula I given up above

Wait a sec mike... I thought you had to be hosted for this. Does that mean if I terminate my hosting and get 280 credits I could get a free domain name that I could use for, lets say my Xisto - Web Hosting account? I can't post enough to get up to 250 when i'm hosted but I can get up to 280 when not hosted in a snap...