xisto Community
Zlash

Inbox.com Or Gmail? what is the best and why? Is there something better?

nothing wrong with going with the mainstream provider of email.Google email will be reliable and as such it's a better bet than inbox.com or any other mail site for that matter :-)

I signed up to inboxnow on the 23rd December and I already had 23 spam messages, some dating as far back as 5th December...even before I had an account with them! Incredibly, 3 of the messages were flagged as read.I can't imagine how they managed to do that. But it surely doesn't inspire a lot of confidence, does it? Gmail is by far superior.

i'm fan of inbox.com it's online storage features and photo storage. it'a awsome i like inbox.com and using it form last 6 months it's quite good in working. an i don't think i would change it in future near i guess.

Let's do an objective comparison:

Gmail has 6.8 GB and counting (as well, it grows by about 1 megabyte per day), Inbox.com has 5

Gmail has no premium service (basically, what you get is already the best), Inbox.com has one (and it costs $29.88/year!) (In this case, no premium is actually better than premium.)

Both have POP3 and SMTP (no competition there)

Both have overtop and underlying services (Photos, Organizer, Calendar, websites, etc.), but Google has more (Desktop search, web accelerator, PageRank system, search engine)

Gmail has smaller system requirements; as well, you can have multiple emails

Conclusion: To get GMail, there are no payoffs. It's better, hands down.

Yikes, I just found the full features list.

GMail's maximum attachment size is 20 MB, so is Inbox.com's

Both have email notifiers

Both have mail search functionality

Both have folder management (GMail uses a tag system; also, its clients have folder management, so this is a trivial feature)

Inbox.com doesn't provide ads... (well, neither does Gmail, they only scan search results)

Both have spam and virus scanners

Both have message conversation ability

Still no visible payoffs. Get GMail.

Edited by tricky77puzzle (see edit history)

I love gmail. so easy. chat is at par with AIM. iGoogle is awesome. Very little spam. inbox.com might have 5gb of space but gmails space is growing so in a few years they will have tons more space than inbox.com, who will still be offering 5 gigs.gmail+inbox.com= OMG GMAIL JUST PWNED INBOX.COM I DIDNT NOT BELEIVE ANY EMAIL COULD GET PWNED LIKE THAT, BUT INBOX JUST DID. POOR INBOX.

Edited by kingofsnakes (see edit history)

i haven't used inbox.com but personally i hate gmail. its just really anoying. its a perfectly normal email service provider gmail is but i just never liked it. i mean why use gmail when you can use hotmail? its kind of like saying do you like pen and paper or microsoft word - well pen and paper doesn the job and its fine but why use it when you have microsoft word lol.

Is inbox.com or gmail the best email account to get? Why? Do you know any better email account? why is that one better? Im gonna set up a new email account and suggestions would be nice.

Dear friend I am using Gmail for some time now and satisfied with it. I dont think it has a problem with. It is providing good facilities and services and good to be used. And you can continue with using it.?

inbox has extra featuresInbox.com Or Gmail?I love gmail and it is my primary mail , but inbox has features like multiple messages can be forwarded as attachments etc 

-reply by Abhi

inbox has recently forced new users to download their software before getting an email account. what i like about gmail is pop3, and forwarding, but i believe gmail isnt open to the public anymore. now you need to verify your mobile.

Is inbox.com or gmail the best email account to get? Why? Do you know any better email account? why is that one better? Im gonna set up a new email account and suggestions would be nice.

gmail is better when compared to others,
1st of all setting up an account is easy.
2nd many features with easy to access solutions.

Its a complete mail solution.

i cant think of an email better than gmail.

Inbox.com doesn't provide ads... (well, neither does Gmail, they only scan search results)

that's not true....gmail does have ads, but most people do not notice them. They are at the right side of each mail you open. Well anyway they're not much of an annoyance since most people only concentrate on the mail instead of the ads. I doubt if google earns much through gmail than its other services.

But looking at all aspects, maybe gmail loses out on looks that's all. otherwise it is the most preferred mail everywhere.