xisto Community
Zlash

Inbox.com Or Gmail? what is the best and why? Is there something better?

Mm, i can't try inbox.com. It says that I need to activate it using email notifier. But hey, I'm using linux, how am I supposed to activate it??! I'll stick with gmail then :(

Yahoo is best!Inbox.com Or Gmail?

Yahoo is best, there you can synchronize everything with Outlook and then in turn with Windows Mobile. You can access all your outlook data from the internet or your smartphone make changes and synchronize again.Also the AdressGuard ™ feature from yahoo is unique and very useful, this avoids spam.Gmails calendar synchronization makes a lot of errors as I found out after long testing.Gmail does not offer folders; tag system is powerful, but with folders you organize faster and you have a better overview; there are seldom emails that have more than one important categories and categorizing each email with different tags is very tedious.For these reasons: until now Yahoo! is the winner!-reply by Thom

I have used them all and have been using inbox for several months and am more than happy. I will never go back to gmail, hotmail or yahoo. There features are awesome. I have several accounts and can get notification all in one place. The folder sync is a great feature. It is not necessary to download the email notifier however it is a great feature. If you do download all you do is hide it and you never know it is there and only have a notification icon on your taskbar. I use and I have my gmail accounts sent to my inbox account and placed in the appropriate folder. I highly recommend you give it a try and discover what it has to offer.

Gmail is the best mail you could ever have. I tried inbox.com. It takes time for me to receive a message. In Gmail, the space is always growing and you can even customize your own page in iGoogle like putting the latest news, your email(even email from other services like yahoo and hotmail). It has very spam has the top security features. I really sugest that you try using Gmail as you will never leave it again.

I also suggest to use Gmail. It is also useful for slower internet connection, high inbox space, fast and easy. I always send larger documents using gmail which supports upto 20 MB for once time email send. It has very good spam filter capacity so your gmail inbox will few spam mails.Inbox is not fast and easy to use. but It also offer free online photos album and 5 GB file storage but google offers better than it. So google is better than inbox.

gmail is far better than any free email provider for example few great options> usability point of view: Gmail has design inteface from user point of view! everything is placed where i supposed to be placed. > Almost no Ads: Gmail dont show big aids as there is not even noticable text ads unlike yahoo and hotmail> google talk facility: you can talk with your firends> other integrated facilities like google docs etc.!> and huge space :lol:

Almost no Ads: Gmail dont show big aids as there is not even noticable text ads unlike yahoo and hotmail

No. Gmail does show text ads at the top of your email header. If you can see the inbox buttons. There is text-link strip which can be scrolled next/previous with buttons. That strip is Google Ads. Those ads are noticeable for most of us while some people just look at their email. That's why many people failed to notice that there are text-link ads on gmail.

One good thing of gmail in comparison to yahoo and hotmail is they don't have huge banner ads. Yahoo has 300x250 size banner ads sometimes on page. They even post ads of 468x80 when you open any email(this is for classic interface). And for new interface, 125x125 size banner ads are in the sidebar. Which may be invisible for most of the people. But i've .in domain for yahoo and for that version i see some ads on sidebar. Same is the case with hotmail. They show big ads at the top of the mailbox and even show ads sometimes in sidebar. Google here is different as they show ads in text-link format. This way it is only get noticed and clicked by those people who highlight text as they read. For others, it remains un-noticed. But text-link ads do exist in gmail.

The question is great but none of the responses give any insight why one is better than the other.

The key thing about email is PRIVACY and with google you don't have any privacy.