xisto Community
Zlash

Inbox.com Or Gmail? what is the best and why? Is there something better?

GMAIL gets super boring. and their dull layout is just annoying anymore. I loved them for a while, but its just plain now. I dunno.i just found out about inbox.com a few hours ago and loved it. Its awesome how they have the free file storage and photo gallery and everything.But i cant use the, at leat i dont think i can, because of one problem that i just found out about.They put the stupid text ads on the bottom of all of your outgoing emails. I remember back in the hotmail and yahoo days, they used to do that also. Didn't bother me then because it was normal for free email to do that, but now after gmail, its annoying. Gmail never does that.So i'm debating if i can get use to that again. Other then that. that service looks great.btw, i found this topic because i searched yahoo for stuff about inbox.com. This hosting stuff seems pretty cool. I was amember of another forum for 3 years that is the ame way (post on the forum and then pay for the hosting with the points earned)anyways i'll stick around :unsure:anyways if you dont care about the text ads at the bottom of your emails, i'd go with inbox.com.Gmail might give you access to google calender and stuff, but who cares really? Alotof people don't really want that, they jsut want email, but also btw inbox.com has a organizer and calendar.

Well, I use Gmail as my main email provider, and after reading this topic i decided to check out inbox.com as i've heard it being talked about before.....Please someone tell me why does it need credit card details if its free!?!?!?!? This does not make sense at all....So i've decided to stick with Gmail which i have had for ages, since you needed an invite to use it and no problems as of yet :unsure:Also with Gmail i recieve very little spam messages unlike places like hotmail and yahoo, and will never run out of space by the looks of things, still only using 2% and this space is getting bigger daily.Highly recommend Gmail to anyone that has not already got it.

Th nice thing about it is it has the photo storage. That can come in handy for me. But other than that space is not really an issue for me with Gmail. I don't think i have any issue with Gmail. Maybe its not graphically pleasing enough but that's okay I can look past that. size isn't always everything. hahaha jk

Omg !!! GMAIL OF COURSE WHY EVEN THINK ???? any ways with Gmail u get access to a LOT more STUFF than Inbox.com(which you cannot even compare it to crappy old hotmail.com, hehe :( but as for gmail you can host your own websites you own startup page your own picasa everything your own !!! FOR FREE !!! JUST GO TO GMAIL NOW AND GET AN ACCOUNT PLease :unsure: hehecheersScan

I like googlemail more less spam than hotmail and yahoo over a 1000 email spams a day at yahoo and counting it's about time some placed a law to stop spammers and put them all inside with bill gates m$ lot.

I think you should really go with GMail. Is that even a question worth asking. And now that it is not a invite only basis you should really register. When I go places I somewhat pity those who have yet to have GMail.

I've never used inbox.com, but probably gmail, even if you don't care that much about the features it's easier to have a google account (for reading feeds, blogging if you have any interest in doing it with blogger, etc.). Inbox.com seems to focus on e-mail, a google account is more useful. Also, there's a firefox extension I think called google skins if you don't like the look of gmail, it lets you change the color and modify the layout a bit.

Edited by NNH1254 (see edit history)

Definently go for Gmail, so simple to use and is generaly really nice to use. I use my account to recieve huge amounts of emails from freinds with pictures and videos and i never have to delete any to make space. Really high chance of getting the adress you want aswell.

GMAIL IS OBVIOUSLY the best in the universe - its easier to integrate, you can transfer from your old account plus you can sign up for google apps where you get something like yourname@whatYOUwanthere.com. There is chat already on the page with your contacts, plus if you have slow connections you can you can have a basic html view, unlike fancy ones like live mail, aol and yahoo, which work ridiculously slow. Inbox.com offers 5GB only for United States, Canada and United Kingdom residents, with only 2GB for other locations, which wont work for me because I live in the Caribbean. Gmail, now, on the other hand, is almost 3GB (and counting) for any part of the world. Gmail's size (for each person) increases by 8 bytes every second. You can specially mark some with stars and do all the usual stuff as with any other. plus you can view info, invite people and so on. There is a calendar and document reader, your own avatar, photo uploads, and , unlike yahoo, which wastes time attaching files, the file attaches itself while you type. that is cool. so, don't take my word for it, you check it out!

A while ago, I tried Inbox.Com. I also have a gmail account. I can assure you that Gmail is the best choice here.

Gmail has a spam filter that is nearly perfect. Very rarely, a spam message will make it to my inbox. I can press

a button, and it's gone.

You also have to consider the security. Since Google is extremely rich, they can spend money on security. With Inbox.Com,

there is a lesser guarentee that your stuff is safe.

Also, if you don't like a feature, you can search for Firefox extensions, Stylish styles, and Greasemonkey scripts ( assuming you

use Firefox ). Many Firefox extensions, Stylish styles, and Greasemonkey scripts have added features, removed annoyances,

and have made Gmail look better.

Since Gmail is a lot more popular than Inbox.Com, there are more Gmail users who will write the code for Firefox extensions, Stylish styles,

and Greasemonkey scripts than Inbox.Com. This means that a larger quantity and a higher quality of scripts will be created.

A few of the previous posters also mentioned integration with other Google services. You will find that useful once you become

a power user of those Google products.

Also, Inbox.Com may be overselling ( lying about ) their email storage. With Gmail, most people would notice overselling instantly,

so Google would never dare attempt something like that. That goes for other bad things that pop up. Because of Gmail's popularity,

Google cannot do anything purposely bad without getting in massive trouble. That means that you can trust Google with even your

most sensitive stuff ( although it isn't recommended to let anybody else have you sensitive stuff ).

Google also will promise more uptime. If the servers of Inbox.Com are down, it might take a while for them to fix it. If the servers that Gmail is on are

down, Google will fix the problem as quickly as possible, and you know that the Gmail team is skilled enough to find and fix the problem quickly.

The reasons to choose Gmail are too numerous to mention. I suggest that you don't even give Inbox.Com a second glance and just

go with Gmail.

Gmail's AJAX interface rocks and brought out so many cool features to the web. I can make use of the useful keyboard shortcuts and the user interface is intuitive. gmail has facility to label the emails you receive and also you can setup unlimited filters.And the best part is the integration of the various tools into gmail - like calendar, documents, photos, chat, groups, etc.No one can beat google in this yet.