xisto Community
JDameron91

How Do You Lose Weight?

Steady balance of exercise and eating right. Unfortunately i'm not losing weight but i'm also not trying to. It also has to do with people's specific metabolisms and factors like that. I would just consult a physician or maybe a trainer and see what they say. Haven't had to go on a diet yet.....but I should start workign out.

i abosolutevely adore your signature (: haha anywho! topic
well.... just. what i do, is starve for like a week or something
and then gain the weight back. not healthy hahaha

but it works!

i've been very succesful in the last two years with losing weight & maintaining weight loss.i used to tip the scales at 250 lbs, but in the last 18 months or so ive varied between 180 and 210 lbs... im about 200 right now.it really takes a lot of personality changes and motivation to be succesful at weight loss.... i try to exercise every day and im very strict about what i eat.... too strict a lot of the time.when i got down to 180 lbs i was pretty much anorexic... and i'm still stricter than i should be about what i eat, i try to loosen my standards all the time, which is harder for me than it sounds like it would be.

Edited by awesomebill61 (see edit history)

I lost 40 pounds :lol: with a company called Herbalife. The thing I loved about these guys was that I could do everything "on-the-go!" Like that was the reason I was gaining so much weight anyways was because I was always eating out and i noticed that my cravings increased over time. Herbalife reduced my cravings in a way that still gave me all the nutritious elements I needed daily. It was like I took the easy way out because I didn't really have an excercise schedule or anything -- well let's face it not everyone has the time to excercise (no matter how hard we may try), but it definately motivated me to start eating healthier and I've never felt better!!!It was great!! I would recommend them any day!! They provide a plan for anyone who wants to lose, gain or maintain your weight (just in a healthier way!!)Yea Herbalife!!!!!! :P

Edited by phillie_14 (see edit history)

I lost 20 in 2 months with The Linaza Diet is rich in vitamins and nutrients also is a natural appetite suppressant, reduces blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglyceride levels, detoxifies the body, reduces gastric acid, all while helping to cleanse the colon and promoting a healthy digestive system.i take 1 glass of water with the Linaza at morning and in the nighthope this helps

My waist was 31 inches,i had not been eating my breakfast for 3months now my waist is 28 inches.Though ts not a good way to follow for who has gastric,ulcer.

I have an extremely fast metabolism that pretty much keeps me at a steady weight, unless I'm on medicine that affects metabolism.
So for me it's not really a matter of gaining or losing weight, it's just keeping it. ^_^

The only downside is that I'm ridiculously hungry all the time.

I guess I am a bit like you. Though I have not gotten this confirmed by my doctor, all the signs count that way. Being hungry all the time is horrible, only horrible...

"How do you lose weight"? Stop shoving garbage in your pie hole.Simple. Next question... ^_^

Hello. ^_^

... thoughts and methods for losing weight are.

Anything that has helped you?

It's not a major part (anymore ) of what I do professionally, but I still do it from time to time, so here's my quick answer:

Use more calories than you take in. Other than physically removing tissue, there is no other way.

That being said here's are some specifics:

First don't make losing weight a goal-- "lose weight is not a goal it is a process. It a means to an end, such as "achieve and maintain a weight of ______ pound" (fill in the blank with an appropriate amount.)

Next answer the question why?-- think of your answer from four perspectives:

Advantages or benefits of losing weight (the process) and attaining a weight of _____

Advantages and benefits of keeping things as they are

The disadvantages and costs of losing weight and attaining the goal weight

The disadvantages and costs of not losing weight

Next make a plan that includes changes in eating habits (not a diet, but a permanent change) and for increasing your activity (not necessarily exercise, but you can do that if you like).

The basics of a healthy diet are pretty well known:

Decrease refined carbohydrates-- white sugar, white flour

Increase fresh fruits and vegetables

Increase amount of water you drink-- especially before and between meals

If youeat meat, keep it lean--remember that a serving of meal is 4 ounces, aout the size of a cassette tape.

I'll have more to say about this, but this'll do for now.

When loosing weight, most of us don't have the time to drastically change our lifestyles. We need a practical and convenient way to integrate effective habits into our daily lives. The following stepes are easy and practical ways to get you on the track to loosing weight and feeling better.

1. Drink water! Water doesn't just help quench your thirst. All metabolic processes within the body utilize H2O and drinking plenty of it helps your body function optimally. It also helps you feel your best--many of the common daily headaches and fatigue we experience can result from a lack of water intake.

2.Eat Breakfast! Many people fail to realize the true value of a morninig meal. It not only boost energy for the long day ahead, but keeps your metabolism regulated. Skipping the meal can put the body into 'survival mode' which means that it actually begins storing and saving fat as opposed to burning it.

3.Exercise! There is no easy way around it: successful and sustained weight loss requires a commitment to physical activity. The best way to be loyal to physical activity is to work it into each day. Take a small part of each day to go for a walk, do aerobics, do yoga, or whatever other type of activity you enjoy. Mix it up so that you don't get bored with it. Soon you will not only get used toit, but you will feel better too!

i will give you the rest tomorrow

I don't plan to lose weight since i'm only 130 pounds, but if i did, i'd work out alot. I would go to the gym, jog in the morning and probably eat healthier. I've been doing this already, so it keeps me in shape and avoids me from gaining too much wieght.

I hope I don't get flamed too much for this:I, have a problem of staying at the normal weight level, I'm always too skinny, even though my friends are amazed at how much I eat.I can eat around 3 Big macs for lunch, which is 540 calories each, giving me 1620 calories, for lunch, then my dinner, ( I don't know how to calculate, besides burning it) and then, around 3-5 hours after dinner, I get hungry again, and eat instant noodles - with an egg or two...As for weight loss, I do not consider it, If I don't eat much for a day or two, I easily lose maybe 5 pounds(I'm 16, and 5'7", my weight averages around 115- 120 pounds)It's going to catch up to me some day.(As my friends put it)

I think the best way to lose weight is to have an healthy (fat minimum diet) plus as well having a vigorous workout schedule.

It's no coincidence that athletes are not fat. The best way to lose weight is use some up some energy. Exercise. It's as simple as that. If you want to lose weight, you have to committed to losing and not look for quick ways out, because there are none. Just exercise.