xisto Community
zak92

What Happens After Death? a theory beyond death or life on this earth

I really like yratorms view of this, I totally agree that we should live life to the fullest and make the best out of it and keep on growing until whatever will be up ahead and also do the best with the next step. Keep the spirit growing/developing

Death is a state of complete sleep without dreams or breath. I only you believe in human spirit apart from our human body then you better believe in life after death. I've heard this argument again and again. But I think in a Bliblical view, if you understand the bible very well, there is no life after death since the bible book of ecc. describs the one in death as one who knows nothing. Although this thought is argumentatable in Human view if you really take into consideration the human life and there is really a life after death then we don't need to worry about dead ones since they can still interract with us. Why wont a dead one interfere in the suffering of love ones or do something about that if the so called ghost exists. Again if you think those taking part in life after death are such that they can interract with the living but are still living then you better think of this: Who knows what they are doing so as to let us believe in them. And even if someone had ever claim to have come back from dead to tell us what happens there then I tell you he never died but went into coma and probabily had a dream according to his belief. As African Traditional believe proclaim: Human beings never dies after the so called death but leaves in order to be reborn. Out of this belief comes so many others from the beginning of Egyptian civilization. As a former Practiser of African Traditional religion I tell you it never exists neither does the so call hell.If you are a christian Please don't missinterprete your bible since hell was never pronounced in the bible as a place of everlasting torment. The Book of Ecclesiastics will help you to know that Human beings dies and knew nothing any more such as animals does.Above it all, Death is death and no life after death, no immediate hell or heaven but later after all human ressurection that you'll be judged but for now all who have died are just resting, awaiting for their judgement which is to come

Everyone has their own opinions.I personally think there is a God out there and we will go to him one day.But in ways, I don't think we will.I'm neutral on what comes after death.Its kind of a thinker for your brain.

Anyone suggesting they have any idea on the matter is just throwing out a wild guess. In truth, nobody CAN know if the mind continues on after the life. I've thought about the matter on various occasions and certain topics come to mind ( no pun intended ). If the body is a colony of cells, how can it have one form of awareness versus millions? Is the mind simply a manifestation of the brain and if so, where is conciousness exactly located? If one could determine exactly how conciousness works or where it's located, it would be a simple answer. Logic dictates if it exists, it must occupy space or at least have a location. If we can't even determine where conciousness is located or what it's made of or what it is, we're back to square one. People have pondered the matter since the beginning of mankind. I don't think it's ever going to be solved. One can't truly know. It's not as if though you can kill some guy, bring him back with MYSTERIOUS MAGIC POWERS, and be all: Hey, was there an afterlife? And him being all: Yeah, sure. Let me go back to sleep. Nobody knows what happens with the mind, what conciousness is, what space it occupies, or where it goes. Conciousness has no weight. Conciousness occupies little or no space. One could easily infer it is not made of physical matter or at least exists in the Bosse-Einstein condensate to be able to exist in this mannerism. Anything and everything that exists in our universe is made of matter, energy, interchangable therefor. The issue of Quantum Physics comes in with conciousness causing prolapse from the simple act of observing events. Also, the concept of conciousness itself is a little hazy in the quatum physics community. Many believe matter actually needs an observer to even exist. Additionally, conciousness is hard to define. The simple act of perception and the ability to observe matter around you is a key difference. You are alive. You are able to observe. A rock is not. If you are dead, your body is unable to observe. What happens to the conciousness which is obviously different from the body itself? The core of when this will be discovered is if more research could be done to what exactly life and conciousness is. Although, we will never truly know. People will arrogantly thrust their opinions that there's no afterlife or there is one left and right forever. It's not going to help us find an answer. It's blindly picking a pony and going with the fifty-fifty coin flip here. It may seem unsettling, but the fact conciousness can't be defined to easily by the guidelines for matter should both confuse and comfort those afraid of death somewhat.

Being a muslim I've got a different approach to life after death. What our religion teaches us is that when a person dies the soul goes back to it's creator waiting for the end of times, the judgement day.Basically what we believe is that the soul goes to 'Aalam-e-Barziq', I can't recall the english translation of this word (generally termed as the soul being lifted to the sky). The body of the person remains there decaying and rotting but the persons soul will be given privilages on the basis of his/her deeds like living in the essence of heaven or hell till the judgement day comes and all the souls are brought forth to be justified.I perhaps am not able to properly explain what i wanted to but this is what i think the essence of what becomes to people when they die.

This things haunt me a lot. i m not a person who is afraid of death but i m afraid if there is any life after death.these are some questions which are so secret that even our conscious keep reminding us tat , one day u ll be six feet under , or burnt to ashes. But Wat exaclty happens after death ? Well i don know . but i would surely want to know. Even the world was created on the so called theory on EVOLUTION. We all know Dinosaurs exist but they died , leaving their bones as mystery to the modern world. similarly do people, ever wonder ab their existence, the greatest fear about death , is the DEATH itself. Do people who die , wait in queque for their next birth? or is there anything like Re-birth. ? if there is acually life after death then men fear death for many reasons.my theory is simple , men feaar for various reasons.1. Will the person be human or animal next time?2. Will i be Rich or poor?3. will i be born in a Third world or a Developed Nation. its all money . and only money. i guess rich fear death the most than poor , as they know whatever situation is in the next birth they dont have to bothered they ll accept gods decision thnkfully.

Hi,Death is the only ultimate truth in this world."Truth is other than known and unknown, known is the effect unknown is the cause" Swami Anubhavananda.I think soul = mass/c^2 where mass = our weight/gravity c= speed of lightEverything started from Shunaya(zero) even bigbang predicted that whole universe was contained in a point the size of 1/million the size of a pencil point. When a person or anything(live or alive) completes it's duration it splits to many forms and the purest of the component goes back to that Shunaya. This is where we go after we die. And this cycle goes on and on. The next form depends on how much light energy you have accumulated in this life. If you do good Karmas(deeds) you gather more light energy and next form will give you a good chance to perfect yourself more. If you gather less energy by doing bad karmas then next form could be an animal or reptile or bug etc etc . Once you perfect there you will move to higher forms.So death is nothing but start of a new life cycle. Bliss..Dinesh

:D Thanks zak92 for his "spam-suspitious" even thoughtful theme.A dreamworld will come or a hell - it depends how we behave here on earth. Returns from clinical deaths reflect it as well.It feels good to be member of this deep thinking community - Xisto. I got to know a new face of it. :P

There is no reason to quell about this. Its basically done. You wait till you die, and then you will know the answer. When i think of subjects such as this, it just gets me confused. I like to just keep these thoughts out, and wait till me end. Thats what my voice is.

absolutly nothing. for somereason people can't grasp the fact that they just don't after they die. they all of a sudden stop with no thought. for some this is a scary idea so they will create places that they will go after death. i'll tell you where you go. you go to a cemetery for centuries untill your cascet finnally decomposes along with your body. ah they wonders of recycling. just accept it.

Edited by arza1 (see edit history)

I believe everything is just gone. I mean, there cant be so many spirits walking the earth can there? But pyramids are another thing. Those have curses.

Burial. :PWell, here's my 2 cents based on what I see the Bible saying:We "sleep" after death in a place called Sheol or the Grave until the 2nd coming of Jesus, when the dead in Christ will be raised and the living will be caught up to meet Him in the clouds. God will physically (though the bodies will be different, immortal, spiritual ones) raise all the dead of Creation to stand at a final Judgment where all will give accounts for everything they've done in their lives, good and evil, every thought and every action. I believe there are different levels of punishment in the coming Lake of Fire (what many consider "Hell") just as there will be different levels of reward in Heaven. People will be individually judged by God at the end but we are each guilty before God unless justified through faith and the blood of Jesus, by which we can have mercy instead. God is going to separate everyone into 2 kingdoms, the righteous, and the unrighteous. There is not and never has been a Purgatory or middle ground. God will not allow into His coming new creation, which will be perfect just as He made and intended this one to originally be, those who will defile it as they've defiled this one. He will not allow the evil people to harm others like they have in this creation. God withholds judgment at the present time to give a chance for repentance to all. God wants everyone to come to repentance, even the most evil and wicked of people. He's not setting up people to fall, He wants us all to turn from our evil deeds and turn our lives over to Him. However, God is not mocked. He has said that those who don't show His mercy as they've received it, will receive it no more. In other words, someone who hasn't been merciful to others shouldn't expect God's mercy no matter who's called them a Christian. The Bible says God's idea of good and worthwhile religion is to help those who His heart most aches for, the orphans, the widows, and the homeless journeyers. The Bible says all God's commandments are fulfilled by a love for Him and for other people. The Bible emphasizes a right heart before God and that God looks on the heart, not the outward appearance, but that a right heart should produce good actions towards others. It's like love. Love is not an emotion, it's a matter of the heart but its outward evidence is the fruit of sacrifice and commitment.The Bible says all thoughts of men's hearts are open and bare before God and He sees the intents and motivations we have that even we ourselves are unaware of. The Bible says it is by our words that we will be justified, and by our words that we will be condemned for "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."The main Bible verses involved on the final Judgment: 1 Thessalonians 4:14-17, 1 Corinthians 15:12-55, Matthew 12:35-37, Romans 14:9-12, Revelation 20:11-15, Matthew 25:31-46Other topics: 1 Samuel 16:7, Romans 13:8-10, Ephesians 2:8-10, James 2:8-16, Romans 3, Matthew 22:37-40, 2 Peter 3:9-10

Edited by Joshua (see edit history)

if it were according to me, it would be that nothing happens at death. you seperate and dispurse the three things that made you. your body (including everything that made up your personality, since that all in your brain.) your energy, the stuff that made you animeate, and your soul (the spark of divinity that makes you a part of the living universe) you can disagree if you want but i think if you take out any one of those three you'll die in some respect or another. regaurdless of how it happens once you are dead. its cool. theres nothing. if there wasnt nothing and there was some sort of awareness. you wouldnt realy be dead. now would you? the way i think of it being dead means absolute nothingness. no senses to interpit any sort of reality. reality of course keeps on going, but you do not.unless, this world we live in is all acording to some sort of external dream had by someone else. or thing. that would really annoy me though.

It really ownly depends wether you want to be cremated or buried. imo anyway, I want to believe in god and life after death but to me it just does not make sense!