xisto Community
zak92

What Happens After Death? a theory beyond death or life on this earth

mague2k7 is total right, it is the same as before we were born nothing at all and i live my life thinking that once you go that is it so make the best of your life which ever way you can for get right and wrong if you have an oportunity to make things good for yourself do it and be happy you dont get very long. :)

Well, i don't beleive in god, heaven, hell, all that. I just think.. you die, that is the end to it, because i mean, how can your body carry on? maybe if you die, you get sent into a matrix, like in the matrix, and you can't remember any of your past. But the matrix.. lol.. just had to add it :) but i just beleive you just.. die, and have dreams, like you do when you sleep, except you don't have a heart beat, and maybe after a while of dreaming, you start to think your actually living, so that might be considrered a second life. But if it was just a dream, how could it all be realistic, you can't do whatever you want? can you? i don't thinkso so, i think you just cease to think in the end.. and itst just black. you know those night where you just fall asleep and just wake up without a dream, maybe its like that, eexcept you never wake up

Since I'm a Christian, I believe in God and the afterlife. I also believe in ghosts too because that too was in the bible. To those who know little about this belief, it's entirely about doing good things to get to heaven. The base of our belief is that you realize who Jesus really is and that he's not just a prophet but God in the flesh.

So even if you've done so many bad things but you came to know Him (personally), then you won't go to hell because all of your sins have been 'cleansed' and you go to heaven. Unfortunately, those who do a lot of good things but not have Christ in them wouldn't go to heaven. Those who are atheists wouldn't care about all this.

All we really have to do is just wait and see to find out.

Im not really religious even though I am a christian, I don't really believe in god either although sometimes, in certain religious events I have attended I have somewhat felt that god was present.I guess then that you could call Death a religious event or experience if you like and so a god would be present at this time for me, thus deciding what happens to your life after it has ended on earth. I would like to think there is a heaven :) in school when you were asked to describe what you thought heaven looked like it always turned out a neat place to go :).Maybe if you have been good in like and caring for others then maybe god could taylor your own heaven, seems pretty neat in my mind.

I hope i never die :)death a religious event? impossible, it is a word in the dictionary, religions are involved in it, but death isnt religious, because one religion can't not beleive in death, because its just there, no possible way that people have figured out yet to bypass it. everybody has to die, so it can't really be a religious event, because im not relegious and im going to die.? you get what i eman

ok... I have rarely read answers like "I am christian but I don't believe in God" or "I am Christian and I believe in ghosts because they're in the Bible"... what bible is that? you must be reading into the text.For this reason, I will not say "I am a christian". I actually refuse to be called "a christian" because of what this means now. I am a disciple of Jesus, a servant of God, a man who is less than a worm, more like the dirt on which the worm slides on.Yes, that's how I would introduce myself.I will not tell you what I think or feel or imagine or have seen in a movie or wish was like some movie, but I will rather share with you what I have read from the Bible. Do not worry, I will not quote any passages, not to bore you people to death. But if anyone wants the relevant quotes, reply my post or message me or how ever that works.I will start with what I found in the Bible that makes me believe in everything.I was an agnostic, and I read what Jesus spoke, and at this point I believed in God, in a personal God, because I recognized the goodness of Jesus and He was what made me believe. His words have never been matched, no one has ever spoken like he did. Even until now, 2000 years later. He is actually offensive to most people throughout history. He makes prophets look like they were so far from God, because of the words he said. I believe everything Jesus said.Jesus preached of what comes after this life. He actually focused so much of his preaching on the 'after-life'.Jesus spoke of heaven and He spoke of Hell. Until Jesus, the word for Hell in the Old Testament was 'world of the grave' or 'the grave' or 'world of the dead' because of the word "sheol" which litterally means grave. Instead, Jesus used the word 'gehenna' or 'gehennom', which means 'valley of the family of Henna' or 'valley of the family of Hennom'. That area, used to be a place where there were temples to 'gods' that demanded human fire sacrifices. King Josiah could not stand such temples in which humans were sacrificed, and so he completely destroyed them to the ground, and made of them a never ending garbage dump. And what do you do with garbage when it gets too big a pile? you burn it! (garbage was much more environmentally friendly than now - lol).So that's where the expression "fire of hell" that Jesus used came from. The fire of "gehenna", the garbage place that was continuously burnt. A place of never ending cleansing, a place where the garbage will never stop, a place from which garbage cannot escape. Jesus said that in Hell there was suffering, weeping and gnashing of teeth. It seems to be an expression of great suffering.Jesus also spoke of Heaven or paradise. He also calls it the place where his Father is, or the house of his Father, in which there is place for all who follow him. Jesus also called it "the kingdom of God" and the "kingdom of heaven". But what is strange, is that Jesus spoke if this kingdom as one that starts NOW and continues beyond this life, for all eternity.Both prophet Isaiah and John of the Apocalypse describe heaven as eternity in worship to God, where will be never ending joy of being in the presence of God in His fullness. Joy with God for all eternity... who would not want that?Now the million dollar question is "who deserves heaven and who deserves hell?"I love this question, because if I were to make up two lists of who deserves heaven, I would probably put people I like or people I think are good, and on the list of hell, I would put people who have been horrible to me, or people I thought were very evil because they killed millions or mollested children...But you see, what Jesus has to say about this, is very strange. He actually challenges us to think differently.He said that whoever breaks the smallest commandment of God, deserves Hell. He said that getting angry is like murdering someone, and that if we curse even the smallest curse "you foul" we deserve hell!!! He said that looking at a woman with lust, is like we already had sex with her in our heart. He said that if someone strikes our cheek we should turn the other cheek, if someone steels our shirt, give our jacket also, and if we are forced to walk a mile, walk 2. He said also one of the most challenging things, "people teach you: love your neighbor and hate your ennemy. But I SAY to you, love your ennemies, pray for those who want to kill you, do good to those who hate you and bless those who curse you, so that you can be like your Father in Heaven." He also said "BE PERFECT as your Heavenly Father is PERFECT". He also said that unless we are BETTER than the MOST RIGHTEOUS MAN on earth, we will not enter heaven.What does all this tell us? For me it is very clear. We all fail the test. We all fall short of what we are supposed to be like to enter heaven. We are actually so far from it, that there is no way we can fix it. We will never be PERFECT as Jesus is commanding us.So what does this mean? Is heaven deserted and hell packed with all of creation?Does God create us only to throw us in hell, in eternal suffering? That doesn't sound like a very loving God...Here's the thing though... God, before He even created the universe, had the problem - our problem of failing him - already solved.Now I will tell you a story:There was a great king who had power over all the earth. He was a very just king and a very tough king. He had very severe laws like: anyone who curses will be cursed, anyone who mocks will be mocked, anyone who lies will be spat at and slapped, anyone who steals will be flogged 50 times, anyone who has sex outside marriage will be pierced, and finally anyone who curses the KING himself, will be put to death.Now the King had a slave he loved so much, so much he loved him as if he were his own son.But one day, the secret police of the King came to him and told him: we personnally witnessed your slave, the one you love like your own son, cursing, mocking, lying, stealing, have sex outside marriage, and cursing YOU mylord!! what will you do?When the king heard this, his heart was torn in two. He called for a grand trial, in front of all the people, in which he will declare his judgement on the slave he loved like his own son.Now all the people wanted to know what he would do, 'will the king let his slave go? if he does, he would lose his justice! but if he punishes him, he will be merciless, he will put to death even the one he loves as his own son! what will the king do?'Came the trial, and the king was on his throne, facing the slave between the guards and executionners, and all the people were behind the slave. The king spoke his judgement:"my slave, my most beloved slave, the one I love as if he were my own son, has broken my laws. He has mocked, cursed, lied, stole, had sex outside marriage, and cursed ME. The punishment for such crimes are that he should be mocked, cursed at, spat at, slapped, pierced, flogged 50 times and he should be put to death for cursing ME, the king.MY LAWS ARE ETERNAL! THEY MUST BE OBEYED AND PUNISHMENT MUST FOLLOW ANY BREAKING OF MY LAWS!!"The people were shocked, silent, they could not believe how harsh the king spoke.Then suddenly the king rose, removes his crown, lays it on his throne, removes his king's robe, and lays it on his throne too, as he stands half naked in shame in front of his people. then he goes down from the throne, walks towards the slave who was in bounds. He personnaly removes the slave's bounds, and then takes the shirt of the slave, and wears it on himself. Then he tells the slave "you are free to go". then the king stood in the exact place of his slave, between the executionners, and says outloud:APPLY THE LAW.And the king was mocked, people yelled at him "if you are the king, save yourself!! prove to us you truly are king!!" He was cursed, he was spat at, they bound his eyes and slapped him shouting "prophesy! which hand hit you? prophesy!!!" They mocked him by kneeling in front of him and saying "your magesty". They flogged him so much that his blood was everywhere except in his body. They made him a crown to mock him, one made with thorns, and they pierced his head with it. And in the end, they crucified him, and he died.We all know the story does not end here... It actually starts here.We all have broken the word of God, we all have lied, stolen, cursed, hated, lusted, etc... and the punishment for being like that is hell. But the gift that God has given us, is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord and savior.Jesus said "whoever believes in me will shift now from the road to death to the road to life"He was asked "what is the way to eternal life?" and he replied "I am the way, and the truth and the life! No one comes to the father, except through me."And Jesus also said "my sheep are in my hand. no one can snatch them out of my hand. My father gave me my sheep. No one is greater than my father, no one can snatch them out of my father's hand! I and my father are one."I hope you have questions or very interesting replies, disagreements or arguments. But don't expect much back, because This is not about proving anything, but it is faith. And faith is when you cannot prove a thing, but just know.

Based on many previous experiences, that part of me which survives death, my astral body or body of light, returns to the Astral Plane or plane of light, where my bodily vibrations are much higher than on this physical plane. Once there, I meet loved ones who have gone before and zone in to a level commensurate with my spiritual development.

Any fetishes are automatically granted. In this incarnation I adopted paganism, naturism and wicca, at the age of 11, practices which I continue to this day. Whilst partaking of some mirror magic with my boyfriend at the time, we both recalled the joy of having a tail. Myself when I was an alsatian and my boyfriend when he was a black cat. I used to enjoy friendly, caring humans, stroking my long, silky soft tail, which I would wag enthusiastically to greet them. Hence when I return to the astral, it is my wish to live in a skycald (nude) state and to have a tail which extends to just below my knees (mid-calf).

During this time of rest and reconciliation, we review our progress made in the last incarnation which we have just left behind, and discuss with our guide (doorkeeper), an agenda for the next time we return to the world of the flesh, developing a syllabus which we need for elevation to a higher form. We can then progress to incarnation on higher planes.

During this incarnation I fix a 20 inch fox tail, so as it hangs from the tip of the coccyx and wander naked in woodland or on beaches. All the tails in my collection were obtained from animals who died of natural causes and as well as bonding with the original owner, I actively support animal welfare causes.

post-45797-1183291137_thumb.jpg

I think that ... There unfortunately is NO LIFE AFTER DEATH! No ... Ghosts... no... "walking the earth" , or seeking the ones we loved, our family our friends.To me it's irrelative, we die - We're dead. Our bodies are usually digged down under the earth, to stay there.I don't beleive in god either... Call me an Atheist - But's what i think. (As much as i HOPE there's Life after Death! Because when you think close about it, life... just ... laying in a grave for the rest of ... well can we call it a world in 1000 years? No one knows.)-Summed up-No life after death,Though i hope there is.

Like some others, I do not believe in any God or celestial being. Nor do I believe in Heaven or Hell.Infact, like the entire human race, I don't know what happens after death. I can though, like the rest of you, speculate what happens.In that case, I think nothing happens. If you've seen the 21 Grams or familiar with Duncan McDougall's work on the weight supposedly lost from a person after death, which is believed to be the persons soul escaping [obviously a cadaver isn't much use to a soul], then I really don't know what happens.Maybe that weight lost is your soul and its floating off into Heaven.Or maybe, just maybe, no one actually knows.I know that some people who have died and have been brought back to life have seen a white light and stuff like that. But I won't believe anything to do with 'what happens when die' until I die myself.I just hope I'll have a little laptop with little angel wings and a little halo so I can come back here to tell you what actually does happen when you die.Just cross your fingers that I can get wi-fi wherever I end up when I'm dead and that I'm not in a 'blackspot'. :s

Can you prove life after death?Whenever we argue about whether a thing can be proved, we should distinguish five different questions about that thing: 1. Does it really exist or not? "To be or not to be, that is the question." 2. If it does exist, do we know that it exists? A thing can obviously exist without our knowing it. 3. If we know that it exists, can we be certain of this knowledge? Our knowledge might be true but uncertain; it might be "right opinion." 4. If it is certain, is there a logical proof, a demonstration of why we have a right to be certain? There may be some certainties that are not logically demonstrable (e.g. my own existence, or the law of non-contradiction). 5. If there is a proof, is it a scientific one in the modern sense of 'scientific'? Is it publicly verifiable by formal logic and/or empirical observation? There may be other valid kinds of proof besides proofs by the scientific method. The fifth point is especially important when asking whether you can prove life after death. I think it depends on what kinds of proof you will accept. It cannot be proved like a theorem in Euclidean geometry; nor can it be observed, like a virus. For the existence of life after death is not on the one hand a logical tautology: its contradiction does not entail a contradiction, as a Euclidean theorem does. On the other hand, it cannot be empirically proved or disproved (at least before death) simply because by definition all experience before death is experience of life before death, not life after death.If life after death cannot be proved scientifically, is it then intellectually irresponsible to accept it? Only if you assume that it is intellectually irresponsible to accept anything that cannot be proved scientifically. But that premise is self-contradictory (and therefore intellectually irresponsible)! You cannot scientifically prove that the only acceptable proofs are scientific proofs. You cannot prove logically or empirically that only logical or empirical proofs are acceptable as proofs. You cannot prove it logically because its contradiction does not entail a contradiction, and you cannot prove it empirically because neither a proof nor the criterion of acceptability are empirical entities. Thus scientism (the premise that only scientific proofs count as proofs) is not scientific; it is a dogma of faith, a religion.

The idea of dying is sort of a scare to me, mostly because I have no idea what will happen after death, and because I will have little control over my death. However, I think, that maybe, after death we will just have a never ending dream sequence, just like if you were sleeping, a never ending sleep.

i do belevin god and i think what happends is that when people go to heaven there actually sent to earth to begin a new life as a baby agane and if a baby dies this meens that that sole isent redy for that role at that moment (ever remember things that never happend to you???????)

Here's my opinions:1.I don't believe god,so I don't believe dead people will go to heaven.2.If we don't really know what happened before birth,we will never know about what happened after death.3.Even if we know what happened after death,we still cannot come back to life.4.If there's no answer to this question,why don't we just forget that and enjoy our present life.

Well truth is we all dont know what happens after death and to be honest I dont think we ever will after all noboy has really come back from the dead with a proper documeted theory or fact of waht happens when we die. did I hear you say there are people who have died and come back. Yeah but how do we know they really died. Cause to be honest in death I think what happens is yu go thru the phase you were brainwashed to believe youd go thru. You see I died twice time clinically in 1994 and had to be jump started in hospital on both occasions I left my body and I could see the doctors talking with me in surgery on the bed the first time I was scared and tried hard to hold on to someone but it was like I was a spirit and a magnet was pulling me slowly into the roof or sky or whatever but I know I was being pulled slowly upward like there was no gravity before I knew it I shot back into my body at high speed like I was shot from a bullet and I opened my eyes in a flash and I remeber feeling sooooo scared and seeing lots of doctors in masks and scrubs around me and one nurse saying we got him back just then I felt the upward pull again and the whole feeling like a spirit thingy happened again. This time though I wasnt panicky I was scared but it was like I had been here before and I knew anytime I would shoot back into my body. I could see the doctor rubbing those jump starting thing together with gel and saying clear, and everyone standing back and him zapping my body and again and again. But it was nothing like you se on television they were all panicking and running around and one nurse was besides herself and before I knew it I was above the hospital seeing the roof and sort of zooming of the world my speed still slow like a helium ballon but one second I'd be a meter higher then the roof and next I was high enough I could see the whole city but still I fellt like I was floating away slowly at peace and there was nothing I could do to go back.Just then I shot back at high high speed towards earth and a second later I gasped and opened my eyes and a crying female doctor said OH my god we god him back again. And she kept slapping my face lightly telling my to keep my eyes open. I was calm and it seemed everyone around me was panicking but later that night I was scared to be alone. It was as if I was terrified if they left I would go floating again. I didnt understand what the whole thing was until months later when I left hospital and my mom told me I should be foreever grateful to GOD because he gave me a second chance because that night in hospital I clinically died twice. Now I've always wondered if I really died cause other religions have different near death experiences. Didi I go towards the sky cause I believe thats where heaven should be - somewhere up there. Or did my brain create a story just after my near death experience but I cant tell if thats my imagination because at the time of the Near Death Experience I was so zapped by the high voltage my electrical brain impulses created their own simulations based on the currents of electrirty zapping them which then created false reality in my memory. I wish someone sure had an answer. Cause when my Grand mom died she kept telling us she cold she my grand dad waiing for her. and the day she told the nurse that he has told her to dress up and be as sexy as the day they got married becase he was coming to take her so they could be together she died the next morning.

Hmmm... a very interesting topic indeed. I just got into this forum. I posted something like this. Not knowing that the topic has long been digested by fertile minds.Actually, m intention of posting something like this is to give weight to the importance of the questions on after-life. Coz if only this question is addressed intelligently by the so-called scholars of different creeds, there would be fear as to the what happens during The Judgment Day. So long as no one fears that day, who would believe what the bilble says?