xisto Community
Matt2

Windows Vista Will you be upgrading?

As much as I would like to get windows vista and try it out, I'm not going to upgrade to it just to give it a try. There is only one computer in my house that would be able to run it anyways, I may upgrade that because it's free for that machine. I think the best feature I have heard about it is the ready boost. When I get a new computer in a year or two I will upgrade though.

i don't think that upgrading to Vista is a good idea now.It cost too expensive and the software is not ready yet.May be the officer will get interested in Offfice 2007,but others like me will wait for games and soft which was optimized for DX 10 and Aero :P

Well I would like to say I have ordered Windows Vista and it is coming either today or tomorrow.I can't wait and I have certainly got the "WOW" after watching the BBC television program on it.The new features totally blow me away and seriously, it is the best operating system out.I will post more when I get the DVD come through the mail.Oh and let me say... It only cost me ?80. I bought the OEM version, and not retail. Basically if you spend ?200 on it, you are paying more for a manual and case.

The 100 reasons just seem to repeat themselves. If anyone can find any good screenshots, I might be more interested. Reading through all of those just seems kinda pointless. Is there anyone that has Vista yet? So far, I haven't seen any actual opinions of actual users.

I think personally that It is not worth upgrading to Vista right mow. Coz it was release some days ago. And we cannot justify about its stability. What do you say. I personally tested the RTM version of Vista Ultimate. It sucks! sorry to say. First of all it is resource hungry. A new bad ugly interface. Security features are good though. I suggest if you plan for a new PC. They make a try. But for upgrade. It is not worth.!!!

I'm worried about upgrading to Windows Vista, my work uses Cisco VPN client, and it doesn't work at all in vista. Leaves me wondering what other important programs wont work. I've also heard that the new Office they will be taking features out of word and excel, not exactly sure which ones but it seems pretty stupid to bring out all these new peices of software that are supposedly better, but really they are worse and only look better graphically.I'll probably wait a few months for software compatibility sakes before upgrading to Vista.

I have heard many bad things about Vista so far. I have heard that it is recommended to just get a new computer if you want Vista. I was debating about getting but i think I will just wait until i need a new computer sometime which probably won't be anytime soon.

I have heard many bad things about Vista so far. I have heard that it is recommended to just get a new computer if you want Vista. I was debating about getting but i think I will just wait until i need a new computer sometime which probably won't be anytime soon.

Yeh, by the time you need a new computer, you will be forced to pay the extra for Vista...

Windows Vista? I thought this was some small upgrade thing what is it a new Os? OR something like that? I have heard a lot of things about it sucking really badly.

Well I installed a plain new version of Vista and I must say I'm happy with my choice. I have a DELL Laptop so everything is vista-compatible which is why i have no problems. I'm runnin on 1GB of RAM and there is no problem with speed or anything...Programs start faster and I can open dreamweaver, photoshop and word for example and things run together smoothly...So YES I recommend Vista to anyone with 1gb ram and dual core processor...Best whishes

Well I installed a plain new version of Vista and I must say I'm happy with my choice. I have a DELL Laptop so everything is vista-compatible which is why i have no problems. I'm runnin on 1GB of RAM and there is no problem with speed or anything...Programs start faster and I can open dreamweaver, photoshop and word for example and things run together smoothly...
So YES I recommend Vista to anyone with 1gb ram and dual core processor...

Best whishes

And anyone with lower specs can burn in hell...? In my personal opinion, things start faster because there is now less crap on your hard drive - Settins files and such. They do take a remarkable amount of space, and obviously a clean install will run faster than a clogged up one. I wouldn't have thought it would be faster when going to vista, though.

"Programs start faster and I can open dreamweaver, photoshop and word example and things run together smoothly..."

Ooh! I could do that in XP, and under linux I can have NVU, The GIMP and OpenOffice Writer open at the same time, as well as run a http,mysql and ftp server without lag. AND?

Seriously, what is it that is so much better about it? Windows fanboys ask that about linux a lot, so I thought it might be time to return a favour...

Yep , i am using Windows Vista too..and it seems like a downgrade and a full copy of the MAC and Linux ...have 1 gb RAM and a 1.80 ghz AMD and when installing something i can't do anything else since it stucks...

I am currently waiting for my version on Windows Vista. I hear great things. Especially the Aero feature where you can have a 3d enviorment, but i am worried about it still being buggy however, i will install it and go through everything if it is buggy i will install window media back... i will tell you all how it went and what bugs you can find in windows vista... also does anyone try the new linux os system? my friend said there was one with a box type of aero but i do not know...

Notice from electriic ink:
Merged accidental double post.