xisto Community
Matt2

Windows Vista Will you be upgrading?

I'm not planning on getting vista, I get a new computer in a year and even then I'll most likely just reformat and install XP on it, unless vista runs insanely fast on the computer i get, i'll downgrade for better performance, I can't stand trying to keep up with technology these days, your out of date in a month. Vista is too flashy for me, I don't mind the old 95 graphics if it makes the computer run alot faster. For me it is use over looks, if it works good but looks like a 3 year old drew it then so be it, i'm going to use it over something that looks amazing but works horribly.

Hmm I wouldn't really agree with you opinion joacorock as it appears that windows vista is great at first but noone gut it running for long time like one year or so in my very personal and humble opinion I think that windows vista has only one thing better done then XP and it is interface. I consider windows vista like XP on steroids. Moreover Vista has many bugs if you are reading any computer based newspaper you would notice that. And several companies which were strategic partners with Microsoft canceled their agreements after discovering several bugs in windows vista security. After all time will tell how good it is when more hackers and crackers get their fingers on it. I myself have knowledge of several obvious bugs in vista and as a student of computer science I am entitled to free vista copy however in one lab on my faculty they are researching security of operating systems and no one can say with certainty that vista is safe as microsoft is claiming. To conclude Microsoft is advertising vista with facts that Unix based systems have implemented ages ago like 10 to 15 years. For Microsoft vista is either death trap or future step in the system design.

I know that the graphics are supposed to be a lot nicer and all, but currently there's no software market that uses it. - I'd like to use my P2P apps WITHOUT emulation if just for argument's sake.That and I'm a linux-ish guy.

Too late for me, I've already upgraded, though I kept my original XP in a different Parition, so I can use both. But Vista is only about eye candy, nothing more. It wastes alot of RAM and Hard Disk Space.My Recommended Specs for running Windows Vista x64 or x86:Intel Core 2 Extreme - Overclocked to 3.2GHz4GB DDR2 or FB-DIMM RAM4TB HDD (2 2TB HDDs)nVidia Geforce 7950 GX2so if you can't buy that, Win vista won't really be good on your computerbtw, a system like that costs around US$10,000 from Alienware

Too late for me, I've already upgraded, though I kept my original XP in a different Parition, so I can use both. But Vista is only about eye candy, nothing more. It wastes alot of RAM and Hard Disk Space.

Could you put your personal specifications I am not fond of Windows but I use it. Also it would be great to know where did you experienced problems with vista it cannot be that bad ;)

Because I was on presentation of vista in the University and talked to one Windows Virtual Programmer and it did not showed any slowdown however as I exlplained in the previous post we will see how will it work after one year of running on the computer.
Edited by hitmanblood (see edit history)

I'm probably not going to upgrade my system until the Windows XP system goes completely historical! LOL! I had Windows 95 for years after XP came out, and I only got XP because our Dell computer came with the system. Anyway, when the Vista version gets cheaper (as systems usually do with time), I will upgrade, but until then, I am happy with my XP system! ;)

Well - I am an Apple user. I love OSX and am enthusiastically awaiting the new operating system from Apple.As for Vista, I do own a Windows XP Sony but I will not upgrade it to Vista because I would have to upgrade its specifications in order to get the good version of Vista to run without any problems (my system meets the minimum requirements of the good version of Vista - but I would rather exceed them with plenty of room). If I do upgrade my computer I will upgrade it to Vista however I do not see that happening as I am a poor college student. Haha.

I currently have windows XP home edition with service pack 2 installed, ive made up my mind from the day that the specs that vista would require that i'm not going to upgrate to vista untill my computers gets a major upgrate, i have the bare minimum to run vista, also just the same as when XP came out, i stayed with ME untill they released service pack 2, i will probably do the same with vista, ill upgrate my computer and put vista on once SP2 is released:)

Hey,
Windows Vista was pubically realised worldwide yesterday my time. Will you be upgrading to Vista? Have you upraded to Vista?

I won't upgrade neither, due to the fact that some of my favorite programs will not work with vista.
not even by using compatability feature. also some drivers for my computer not compatable and no new ones available yet

I would like to say that windows is investing millions of dollars in world wide campaign of windows vista but according to the results on this forum it seems like people are not very keen to buy vista hmm. I am waiting to see first financial reports for windows vista. Its development costs and then returns from the sales.

It is still too early to buy vista as not lot of software is comatible with it. It is too slow too. Maybe when MS stops windows Xp later this year, then perhaps would it be a better or rather the only option.

i'd love even 1/millionth of the amount bill gates is getting frm vista, he is going to end up even richer from this, RICH MO FO lol

maybe only from some kind of royalty he gets richer as he is no longer head of microsoft