xisto Community
Matt2

Windows Vista Will you be upgrading?

Hey,
Windows Vista was pubically realised worldwide yesterday my time. Will you be upgrading to Vista? Have you upraded to Vista?

I haven't upgraded to it and probably won't. The only time we would get it is if we bought a PC and Windows XP and this PC are doing fine at the moment. The price tag eventually should go down to a price that people would actually be prepared to pay at the moment the most expensive package is around $1000. Most companies will be waiting around a year for everything to settle down before they will plan to upgrade to it.

It looks quite cool but I haven't seen many screenshots of it. I'm just wondering if Apple will have to update their boot camp software for Windows Vista. I think they will be, but it will be a while I think as they are still in beta with the Windows XP version of Boot Camp.

It doesn't look anything amazing to me, it just looks like they have improved on Windows XP.

Heres 100 reasons you'll be speachless with Windows Vista, I'm looking through it now. Click here.

You know whats really cool! I saw a vista laptop +the best Intel processor (forget what one) for only $599.99 US! True about the Upgraded XP part, wikipedia has a picture of Vista. I would like to upgrade soon, or get that great laptop.

~Imtay22

I'm not going to upgrade anytime soon...in fact, recently I've been leaning more towards getting a Mac as my next computer. TO upgrade to Vista will require either a brand new PC or upgrade the RAM (plus eveything else) on my current PC. Nesides the first releases are usually buggy.

I will upgrade one day, but not yet. Doesn't seem like there is a good reason to get it yet. About all my softwares run perfectly on Windows XP and Vista surely has a lot of bugs at the moment. My brother just got a new laptop, which has XP, but it so that we can get a free Vista from Packard Bell and then I may install it. It might have a "packard-bell" lock or something, but elsewhise I will install it(if it isnt basic vista because it doesn't seem like it is worth buying)

Apparently. we went and bought the windows vista and installed on our computer but there are things that is positive and other negative to it. The positive side is that there more security features to it than XP but this is only my opinion and just easier to navigate around. It is more similar to XP in some ways. The negative side is that everything you do, you'll get a Allow or cancel after awhile it's getting annoying. My anti-virus 2005 isn't compatiable with vista and i got mad over that lol, more stuff to buy for vista to keep it running. It's only an opinion if people likes it or not. I liked vista than XP for several reasons.

OK here is a post from someone who actually has Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate installed.I upgraded to Windows vista one week after the final released and I'm really satisfied with it. It seems to be more stable than Windows XP but you need a powerfull machine for the graphics, no CPU lower than 1500MHz or fewer memory than 1 GB at 533Mhz is recommended. In my case I have a laptop with 2.0GHz and 2024Mb at 533MHz of memory, my graphic card is a ATI Mobility Radeon X700 with 128Mb dedicated memory, so not a top market machine but it runs Windows Vista pretty well.No security issues found, just some Windows services I think is better to shutdown such as Windows Defender, never liked it anyway.I'm running Kaspersky Antivirus with no firewall, but I'm an informatics technician so I would not advised simple user to follow my example.No compatibility problems of major importance found until now, got a problem with UltraVNC but it works, and I problem with Alcohol 120% virtual DVD driver, it crashed my entire Vista system, had to reinstall the whole operative system, but I don't consider it of major importance because I don't know much people using this software.eMule runs fine, azureus java version too.Apache server with php and mysql set up with no problems so as you can see no big problems with Vista even knowing it is a completely new OS with no specific software massively produced until now.I RECOMMEND THE UPGRADE AFTER MORE THAN 2 MONTHS USING IT.

Edited by blackrabit (see edit history)

I won't upgrade anytime soon... Windows Xp works fine for me and SP2 has everythng I need to work. Windows Vista has a better graphic interface but as always with every OS Microsoft has to make some corrections and that will take a while. There's nothing that exiting in Winodws Vista for me at the moment.

Heck with all the problems with this .ani exploit in the last couple of weeks, I would wait on vista until Microsoft finally finds a way to securly patch this. From new sites I have seen people are beginning to question Vista security altogether due to the fact that this exploit has been found in Windows 98 through vista. Now that covers a lot of Operating Systems that Microsoft has produce over the years. Hopefully in a couple of months before I start my hardware class their will be a better patch for Vista. So I don't have to deal with the complicatiions of this.

i heard allot of bad stuff about vista, my uncle said that he bought it, and returned it 2 days after cuzz it sucked, as for me, i wont be upgrading, im good with windows xp, it serves its purpose, and it doesnt need 512mb ram just to run!

Howdy,
Vista is a big Macintosh rip off, Macingtosh now went to a lowyer to report it becouse the lay-out codes of vista are 85% the same as macingtosh!!!!

GRTZ, Styno

Great! Apple is being a big, corporate crybaby again, just like they were in the 80s, only this time with less hypocracy.

Really, I think it takes far too much RAM, I'm down to 768MB and I don't think it's enough to even run it properly, let alone use a few programs at the same time. If your thinking about upgrading to Vista, I would recommend waiting untill you have about 2gig of RAM.