xisto Community
OpaQue

Forum Upgrade To Version 2.2.1

So now i have to post all over again. SWEET!!! I was this close to upgrading my account. Thats just great!

Sorry man... My personal appologies.

The backups were made before the installation. Ofcourse, during the installation there were new members, posts, ect, therefore when the db corrupt Opaque replaced it with the backup. Meaning all the posts and new members that joined during the uupgrade were lost.

Wouldn't it have been better to temporarly turn the board off so there was no chance of something like this happening? Thats what happened at other boards I belong to while they were upgraded and it went perfectly. Maybe that should happen next updrade, so that youre not turning new members away like me, who lost their account, all of their posts, all of their topics and all of their hosting credits.

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

Forum database was not damaged during the upgrade.The forum database was damaged sometime during massive spam attack in our forum between 1st and 20th of this month. And that plus 100+ new posts made about every hour and allowing members with low hosting credits to continuely post during our upgrade could have resulted in this calamity.Although we strongly advertise all hosting members to keep hosting credits above 10 credits at all times, we cannot force members to comply with this. And so closing the board would not have been a suggestible option.However it happened, once again we apologize for your inconvenience. Build up your hosting credits by contributing with quality posts and re-apply for hosting.Thank you.

Yesterday I already posted quality posts. They have been deleted. Now you're telling me to build them back up, I don't think its good enough. I'm sure closing the boards for a couple of hours would have been better then deleting 1000+ posts, topics and members like me. I made around 35 hosting credits yesterday and now they are gone. How am I ment to remember what they were to repost them?

Do not digress from the topic at discussion. This topic is not for you to retaliate how we are preforming in our forum.Yes we made a mistake. The topic addressed our apologies and the solution to continuing our borad for free web hosting. If my suggestion isn't good enough, I regret that Xisto cannot fulfill your hosting needs.Do not turn this thread into YOU verses what we did. If you have something to say personally you can always reach me via PM.[hr=1]As you can tell, the new forum upgrade also features ZERO forum ad for all members who are registered with Xisto. It is Opaque's trial run to see how this can further benefit member's experience. Please feel free to discuss this zero forum ad for all registered members, as well as bugs, troubles and complements.[/hr]

Thanks for removing the ads and trying to make the experience better for members, I didn't realise it until you just posted it now. That has swayed my mindset at the moment and I'm going to stay with Xisto even with my bad encounter earlier today.@BuffaloHELP I'm sorry for invading this topic and letting my own adgenda get in the way. I'll make sure it won't happen again in the future.

This update really looks worthy. The forum look has changed a lot (the most important change since I know the forums and it?s been years since then) and I suppose there are lots of new features which we have to discover little by little. At first sight it?s a bit weird especially for those subforum lists. I like the overall look.Fortunately I didn?t post the last few days but those who have lost valuable posts, think that your "sacrifice" is in benefit of the community. ;)

I like the new upgrade. It looks much nicer than the older version just because the icons, bullets, etc. just look cleaner and easier to read. Plus, it loads a bunch faster than the old version so right on with the update.

Got a small error with the styles by the looks of it. Using Opera 9.10 the list of Similar Topics at the bottom of each topic is misaligned on the first line of each column.

Posted Image

Other than that the upgrade appears to have gone very well. Well done to everyone involved in getting it up and running.

As you can tell, the new forum upgrade also features ZERO forum ad for all members who are registered with Xisto. It is Opaque's trial run to see how this can further benefit member's experience. Please feel free to discuss this zero forum ad for all registered members, as well as bugs, troubles and complements.

I also didn't notice until now. I'm impressed by Xisto's dedication to its members and I hope they continue to provide service like this for a long time.Also, I like several new features in IP.Board 2.2.1, like the quick reply with formatting controls, as well as the new version of the Shoutbox. However, I am disappointed that IPS didn't improve the Topic Subscriptions management, which makes it reletively difficult to get rid of topic subscriptions. Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

here are the few problems I'm facing after the Xisto forum is upgraded,* I need to login each day from the same computer , even when cookies are enabled.* If I'm idle for a long time say 30 mints, by keeping a Xisto forum page , I'm not able to continue browsing Xisto forum, I cannot access the entire forum from IE 7, I've to shift to Firefox of Opera to access the forum.