xisto Community
Matrixdudej

Should Suicide Be Legal?

Suicide  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, suicide is not really punishable if its sucessful, i mean, what are they going to do, spit on your grave?But i dont think making suicide legal would be a good idea, sudenly, hundreds of people would do it, just because they could, suicide would just be a way of getting out a tricky situation, and everyone would just resort to it inthe end.because if you give people the chance, they probably will take the chance.However, I do think that under circumstances, it should be legal.I mean, if you are on life support, no longer able to live, breath by yourself, feel - Is it really worth making people sit there, just a shell of who they really are, or were, I thyink that there should a be a system, so people who can no longer experience life, could be taken off life support, to die more naturally, and spare the families and the person in question, the pain of it carrying on.If there is no chanc of recovery, is it really worth pushing them through it??Im not religeous, but i think some of the things medicine can do to keep people alive, just that bit longer, is messing with nature. I think that technology has gone too far.We were made, so that our organ eventually decay, and we die, natuarally.but medicine has made it possible to keep people, who without these techiniques, would be dead, alive.But do they really want to be just an emtpy shell of themselves, no longer able to feel anything, just lying there, unable to breath without a machine. I think it has gone too far.No, these people should not be left to die, in the mud. but just increase their morphon, or whatever, so they can just sleep, and not wake up, in most people's opinion, the best way to go. Painless.so, i think that it should be legal, but only in circumstances where the person is not able to 'live' naturally any longer.

It is impossible to make suicide illegal, as you are already dead by the time you are caught and they can't send your body to prison!But getting caught attempting, then I think you should be sent to a counsellor or to a mental hospital, not to jail. However, I think an old person who has lived their life to its maximum and have a terminating disease with no chance of survival, I would agree to them taking pills or something to gently put them to rest (aka death) when the disease becomes unbearable. It's like for animals, if they are suffering with no way of recovery then they are put to sleep, same should be with humans but WITH CONDITIONS! Family and friends should be notified of the person's wishes, and if someone is given pills in their sleep so that their children can take their belongings then that is MURDER.A200

He killed himself! Quickly! Police forces! Get him!*they get the corpse, put it on defendant's chair in courtroom*-DEFENDANT, DID YOU KILL YOURSELF!?!??!?!-.........-PRISON FOR LIFE *smacks hammer*"Alright buddy, you're going in!"*they throw him to the cell**Another prisoner passes by the cell*"HOLY S@#T! THAT THE F$@K DID YOU DO TO HIM! AAGH! GET ME OUT OF HERE! HELP! HEEEELP!"...yeah, I can only imagine. :)

If a person tried to commit suicide for reasons other than stated by previous posts (eg family problems, behavioural issues (which may stem from the former or other), drugged, etc). It's clear that the person involved is not sane, so instead of going to jail, they should be sent to a mental hospital and be observed regularly whilst being checked up on why they may have attempted this.But in another case, eg a pensioner that is sick, with very little to no chance of recovery, a chance for them to pass away peacefully from natural causes.

Sorry but I don't agree with what minimcmonkey said. You mentioned that if suicide was legal, many people would do it. :). What do people that commit suicide care about law? They're gonna be dead when they're are judged, so making suicide legal/illegal doesn't make any changes in this aspect. I think that suicide should be illegal, just for respect of the your mother who gave you birth, your parents that helped you with your problems and stuff. That's why I think that suicide should be illegal, because you are taking a life, and no matter whose life is this, it's definitely not a good thing. Have a nice day, Freedom Overdose

Suicide should be legal because it is your life and if you want to end it, that is your choice. The thing people don't understand is by making suicide legal/illegal the number of suicide rates won't be effected. Proper education at young levels is the only way you can control the suicide rate. You can call it illegal, make it socially unacceptable, but if someone wants to take his/her own life, you can not stop them.

Yes commiting sucide be illegal. It is in many countries. As you said it is a wrong to others to commit sucide. The people who loves you.?Just because you are frustrated if you like to quit life its not fare. So be bold, face the problems and live life in a positive way.?Again I should say that sucide should be illegal.?

I dont think assistance should be legal, but as for an individuals right to take their own life, if it were made legal then insurance companies, pention plans, and other means of support set aside for ones departure from this world would have to be addressed... Cant punish the widow for her late husband doing something legal

Should suicide be illegal?On one hand its your life your body
On the other hand it hurts many people who care about you
Just wanted to know what everyone thought about this

Sucide be always be illegal. What I think is life is a beautiful gift of god and one should not spoil it as such. Committing sucide will disturb the mental state of many people around you as your relatives, your loved ones and friends etc. So I strongly appose it and it should be illegal. 

Hey suicide should never be made legal. On the other hand, even if its illegal, once you commit it who catches you??!i think it's just a question of your religion and beliefs but generally its bad as you leave your loved ones in a very bad state.

In terms of the law, you can't really enforce it. If you make suicide "illegal" are you going to punish those who attempt to commit suicide? It's not the best option either1. the person was successful in commiting suicide so you can't do anything OR2. they survive, but their mental state will already be fragile, the should go see a psychiatrist or get some counselling, not be prosecuted for doing something "illegal"Suicide in the end is a moral debate not a legal one. Everyone has different moral opinions, personally I could never even think of committing suicide, but I'v never suffered from depression. I think no matter how bad you might 'think' things are, life should still remain valuable and suicide means you leave your loved ones behind to deal with the fallout... :P

This is a really sensitive topic. I think that when someone is in the position of wanting to commit suicide, I doubt that they relly think of the legal staus of the action, and if you do chick them in jail after their failed attempt, they may even fare worse off.However, i think that if someone is paralysed, and will never move again, I think that you should always decide to consider the best option, and in that kind of case perhaps it would be a much better option to help them commit suicide.

suicide should not be made legal, about a year ago I, myself was going to commmit suiced, but I got the help I needed I think that any problem you have can be sorted out even tho it may take months or years to do so, everyone desevers a second chance and if its made legal then the people that want to do it are going to think that no one cares anymore, and as for putting them in prison that is disgraceful!! evryone should have a second chance and get help. But on the other hand if you are seriously ill and you no that your last few days are going to be horribly painful then in that situation you should be alound to as long as it is done suterly and by being given an injection. At least then you would no that you could spend your last few days with your family without being in so much pain.