xisto Community
Matrixdudej

Should Suicide Be Legal?

Suicide  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

should suicide be legalShould Suicide Be Legal?Should suicide be legal. I have sat back and read most of the pros and cons. Some people think it selfish, and self-centered. Religious fanatics say your soul will be damned and you will go to hell if you commit suicide. The Catholics came up with that concept during the dark ages in Europe when people killed themselves so they could be in heaven quicker than suffer out their lives here on earth thus losing their control over the people.I think the government should make suicide not only legal but a right of someone of 18 years or older. Seriously people...Look at Roe versus Wade and abortion. A woman has the right to rid herself of a perfectly mental ,healthy, and living being. The fetus has no choice or rights to whether it lives or dies. I feel like we should be given our own right to be master over our own lives...At least it only involves one life and not two. I am not here to try and overturn that landmark decision back in the 70's but come on folks...Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. If someone finds out they have a curable cancer or disease and they choose not to seek treatment...That is the same as suicide but everyone respects that individuals wishes. At hospitals now they have papers where if you die to not try to revive you even though you may live another 5-10 years possibly.And for all you people that think it is selfish and self centered have you ever tallked to a person trying to commit suicide...Walked in his/her shoes. My advice to you is quit beig such hyprocrits. There is a thing called quality of life and dying with dignity. Right now there are young men and women dying in a senseless war...If they get killed...They are heroes...But I will bet you there was not ione of them that wanted to be there or t5o have to die, be maimed, or under the stress of one of the nastiest wars we have been placed in...For an ex-president wanting to get even with a country because its leader threatened his daddy's life. I guarantee you he does not give a damn about the young people that sacrificed their lives getting even for his daddy.Bottom line here is maybe people want to leave this life because our government is nothing but a joke...They lie, cheat, and use people to do their dirty work for them. Have you ever noticed that the USA withdrew from the war criminal justice dept of the world. Yep...You guessed it...The majority of the Bush administration would be hung for war crimes. Anyhow...I personally do not trust any authority figure in our government period. I do not trust any law enforcement agency either. The only difference between them and a criminal is they wear a badge and our licensed to blow people away.-reply by Rick