xisto Community
Matrixdudej

Should Suicide Be Legal?

Suicide  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think suicide should definetly be legal. i mean come on, its YOUR life, surely YOU should be allowed to end it. In my humble opinion its taking away a basic human right...sure if they fail try everything you can to help them not to, maybe allow their families to lock them up in a suicide watch clinic or something, but making it a punishable offence is just silly

I would have said yes, it should be illegal, because it is killing, and killing is bad, and killing is (or should be) illegal. But then I thought about it and I see that it's the person who wants to commit suicide's fault. I dont know though.... good topic. Hard to post on though.

I think that suicide should be legal. It is your body, your life. No one else's. If you decide to end your life, that is your free will and no one else should be able to compromise this. On the matter of assisted suicide, the person wanting it should be labeled worthless and ostracized by his or her peers for being so weak minded. If you need help then you don't really want to do it and you need attention. On the other hand there are -some- who cannot end their own life, they simply do not have the capacity to do so. Like those who are deathly ill or are disabled in some fashions. If they need assisted suicides I don't see anything wrong with that because it is no longer within their own ability to do so, now finding a person to help you might take some doing but that is your problem.For those of you who attempt, attempt, attempt, just die already. If you really wanted to do it you would have been successful within the first 20 minutes of your first attempt. (unless of course you did it in such a stupid way that it left you there helpless but still alive, lol.)

I believe it should be allowed under certain circumstances. Yeah I am talking about euthanasia. It is that person's life and nobody has a right to what he does with it other than himself. In such cases when the pain or suffering is too severe , it is better to die and donate organs to others. At least I would feel that way.

It doesn't really matter, since when you commit suicide, all is gone and nothing matters. Although if you're caught attempting, you should be automatically covered for therapy and hospital arrest.

the answer depend on your belief. If you are an atheist then it doesnt matter whether its legal or illegal since there is no life after death but if you believe in some religion then its a very different story.

What would the authorities do if you kill yourself? What punishment will you serve? There's no point in making it illegal because all it would do is waste the court's time.

Well in some religouns like christianity suicide is like mortal sin so no one should actually do it. However I am against suicide being legal as it will make things worst. Have anyone read here that topic about boy in Netherland who killed himself when his account get hacked. Come on and what would happen if his father and mother found him and saved him. What would happen then would they have to go to the jail because they saved life to their child also. Wouldn't that be insane. Come on they save the boys life and they have to go to jail because suicide is legal. It just doesn't make sense. Also I would like to point out several reasons why suicide shouldn't be legal and to make difference between suicide and euthanasia. Firstly suicide should not be considered as same as euthanasia because persons moment of phycological weakness doesn't mean that some one should help to him or her and then save them life and let them live on. However I am for euthanasia if for person there is no cure and it is certain thing.Secondly we should consider that those who are really and indeed have wish to commit suicide they will do it and no one can stop them. Only way to stop them would be if they are locked or under constant survailance. Which is almost impossible thing to do.Thirdly, the ones who does not want to kill themselves are in fact most of the time just trying to put a bit attention of others on them. And in this case they are usually notifying someone in their family or friends before actually commiting the suicide attempt. And they would be in most cases saved however if it is legal then anyone who attempts to save them would in fact be considered criminal. fourthly, what about suicide killers so they would be legal then you take 5 kg of explosive enter bus and blow yourself and 50 more people in pieces it was perfectly legal would say public relations guy and who would explain this to the families and friends out f those other 50.To end this suicide should not be legal.

fourthly, what about suicide killers so they would be legal then you take 5 kg of explosive enter bus and blow yourself and 50 more people in pieces it was perfectly legal would say public relations guy and who would explain this to the families and friends out f those other 50.

I do believe that in the unlikely event that suicide becomes legal, suicide attacks would be perfectly legal only if there was no collateral damage. If, however, other people were nicked, killed, injured or traumatized, then the act of nicking, killing, injuring or traumatizing other people is illegal but the act of suicide, itself, is just fine.

However, I did fall to thinking, what then? If the suicide attempt was successful, how can you punish a corpse for nicking, killing, injuring or traumatizing other people? ;)

I do believe that in the unlikely event that suicide becomes legal, suicide attacks would be perfectly legal only if there was no collateral damage. If, however, other people were nicked, killed, injured or traumatized, then the act of nicking, killing, injuring or traumatizing other people is illegal but the act of suicide, itself, is just fine.

However, I did fall to thinking, what then? If the suicide attempt was successful, how can you punish a corpse for nicking, killing, injuring or traumatizing other people? :unsure:

But how would you determine collateral damage if young child kills himself or herself and their parents cannot save his life just because of the meer fact that suicide is legal wouldn't they be traumatized then.

Such things happen even in the cultures where suicide is considered as cleaning your families and your's name like Japan but family still feels the consequences how would that make people in our western culture where suicide has been considered as bad thing and will be considered as bad thing. From now on probably.

I cannot see nor can I understand the reason and I cannot find one also why would some country made these suicide killings legal.

I'm pro-population control. So basically i'd say that suicide is ok. besides having it illegal doesn't really help anyone, if you decide to to kill yourself having it be against the law isn't going to change their mind!

i think it should be illegal, because if a person for example breaks up with someone then if they commit suicide it isn't worth it, since there are many others that have fared worse. So suicide is selfish, immoral, and a excuse to run away from life

Suicide according to me should be legal, its OUR life, we should have the right to live it as long as we want.NO half a**ed governament dictates how long we live.As far as parents seeing kids commit suicides goes, if the parents cant give the child the right moulding and shaping neeeded to live a normal life. and if thier parenting has so many flaws that the child is driven to suicide, they dont deserve to have a child in the first place.And I dont really think that even NOW, in the era of illegal suicides, the governament cant really "proscecute " anyone for a suicide bombing, apart from the absolute scumbag who drove the person to do it in the first place.Like they say it "No body ,No crime".Besides, with the ever rising population problem, a few more deaths wouldnt really do any harm.Besides the losers who are actually driven to suicide due to stupid reasons like relationhips and related tripe dont probably deserve to live in the first place, however deep the "trauma" may be.The planet could use a clensing of such parasites.

Im not sure wether it should be legal but I think that its optional for the person that wants to kill themself as its their life and they can choose wether to live it or not, If it was legalised - I personally think that more people would kill theirself which is wrong but then again why would people care about the law because if they succeed on the suicide then the police wont be able to prosicute them as they will be dead (Nicest way of putting it)Thanks,Aaron