xisto Community
BooZker

Firefox 2 Whos has it and what do you think?

How would you rate Firefox 2  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never really liked Firefox just because i always thought it was just as good as my now 2nd favorite browser, Opera. It had all the same capabilities and actually Opera was the first to have tabbed browsing and is the safest of all of them. When I heard about the new Firefox i wanted to try it out considering i needed it anyways to test out my websites. I got the iFox Smooth skin also to test out the skins. I have to say i love it. The spell check it awesome. I would have downloaded Firefox just for the spell check. What are your favorite new features? Have you even downloaded it yet? Will you?

i absoloutley love FireFox 2.0.The reason i do is becuase more or less of the spell check! i need it trust me!I also like the addon that they have added on that when firefox crashes, it automatically on the next restart asks you if you want to open the last session or start a new session, and best of all, it even puts the text you were typing back, so if you had a post worth 50 credits going, and Firefox crashed on you because you were also downloading music, burning a movie, and converting a movie to DVD format.... then it will automaticaally put all of that text back for you.FF is more superior IMO to all browsers... out of all the ones i've used, it uses up the least Ram or CPU usage out of IE, Opera, and other browsers... and i also find it the safest

I don't have Firefox 2.0 yet, but I will download it and install, and ofcourse, try it... Ever since I migrated to Firefox, from IE, I can't switch back... I have everything I need in Firefox, and it;s extensions and plugins are awesome... And, I have no doubt, that Firefox 2.0, will kick the rear end, with new possibilities, and most importantly, stability, and effectiveness...Firefox rules :blink:

I have Opera, and it has spell check. Had it before Fx did. You have to download the dictionary, but it has a spell check feature. :blink: I don't use Fx because it takes forever to load, even without the extensions. SeaMonkey, with all the extensions, opens up as fast as Opera. Not only that, SeaMonkey is a 4-in-1 internet suite. Eventhough it has a few bugs, if the bugs were fixed, and it had more extension support, it would own Fx. But until those minor bugs are fix, i'm sticking with Opera.

I haven't tried FireFox 2 yet, as I am hoping more extensions will become compatible by the time I get it, so hopefully I don't have to ditch any of my extensions. FireFox 1 was infinitely better than Internet Explorer 6, so I am hoping FireFox 2 will be better than Internet Explorer 7. I was going to try Opera at some point, because apparently that is faster and even more secure than FireFox.

now, Firefox (no matter the version) has become indispensable for me, because of the extensions installed for it (mostly for webdevelop & seo)so yes, I use Firefox 2.0 (and it`s previous versions), and I`ll NEVER switch to IE :blink:)a bit offtopic -> btw @Albus: superior has no comparison degree :wacko:

I've heard good things about it for the last two weeks and I decided to upgrade tonight. It's a little upsetting that the snapper plug in isn't available, hopefully someone will update that.The spell checking thing has been pretty handy in the first five minutes.

i have been using firefox 2 for about 2 months now i was using the RC version but the RC tended to crash abit. Since the official release i havent had any dramas with it. I also live the spell checker for web forms

It sounds really great. Im going to have to try it out soon. I wonder why Firefox hasnt asked me if I want to download the 2.0 version. I always forget to download it if it does not ask me. I think the spell check will be awesome, I wonder if it is already available in spanish also. Well I guess Ill go and get some sleep now, and maybe tomorrow I will remember to download it.

Albus, Galahad, and nutron have summed up everything I was just about to say about Firefox 2.0. I've been testing it since RC2 and I've never looked back, and now that they've made an official release I am forever using it. Thay's just how good it is.

It's good. I always used firefox for everything. It is nice because there are a lot of extensions and it is easy to make your own extensions. I think that's why I like it more than opera. Oh and Internet Explorer NEVER EVER. I got firefox some years ago because people said IE wasn't safe and today I actually see how unsafe it is.

I tired the Firefox 2 is better than the previous versions, but it crashed several times during my testing, but now I dont like it no more because IE 7 with more features is back and now it offers Tabbed Browsing faster page rendering and a lot of new exciting features.

Firefox is great. But I think it still requires some improvement. IE7 is also good but I would prefer Firefox with some changes in settings which I have found from a magazine here in India.

Firefox is great. But I think it still requires some improvement. IE7 is also good but I would prefer Firefox with some changes in settings which I have found from a magazine here in India.

would be great if you could share those settings modifications which will make firefox 2.0 better. i wonder what those could be, and what the benefits they would produce. :blink: hope to hear back from you bhavesh! :wacko:

Truefusion -- I know exactly what you mean about the loading thing. That is why i tried firefox 1 for about a week then got tired of it then went to IE 6 and IE 7 mostly just because of the loading time, but then I don't know who, but someone said my site didn't work on Opera. I then downloaded it and got hooked. The one and ONLY downfall is that it has many problems with sites because people do not test for Opera browsers. Even my teachers were like you use Opera! The spell check never worked for me. I installed it, but yes, it had tabbed browsing, and the dictionary and spell check before along with loading time and safer browsing.By the way truefusion i use firefox 2 now because the loading time is nothing at all seriously.