xisto Community
BooZker

Firefox 2 Whos has it and what do you think?

How would you rate Firefox 2  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never really liked FireFox 2.0Whats the point of it anyway? Internet explorer 5.0 is way better in my opinion. Firefox 2.0 seems like one of those crappy explorers like Mozilla 1.0 explorer or something. Haha! Mozilla....you know they made that crappy thing from a php script or something they picked off of hotscripts.com

Absolutely love the New FireFox,have installed it on all our pc's at work and now at home. we don't seem to have any of the systems errors that we were getting when we were running IE.Very happy with it in all its virtue.Just Love ItCheers :lol:

I am shocked that I never replied in this topic. FF2 is awesome and straight out better for web designers then opera or IE. I htink the only reason it hasn't changed is that they made the code cleaner and slightly more hacker proof. Best part about they let you know when stuff gets updated, especially plug-ins and other stuff (referring to electron post).Although I have had some lag times and some errors but other then that this makes everyone else look bad. Of course the best thing they put in was the Spell checker, you could say it has made my posting easier when I don't have to read over and over again, to make sure I didn't misspell anything.Wait so Firefox copied the tabs from Opera I thought everyone else copied the tab system from firefox? We already know IE copied from FF, if you all remember my post about Microsoft workers using firefox on their website? :lol:Although this could have been a fluke I saw this site that mention that they are already working on Firefox 3. I can't remember what site I saw this one but tossing this out and see if anyone else remembers seeing this as well?

I don't see any large improvements over FireFox 1.5, and to be truthful, the spellchecker sucks. The Google spell checker that comes with Google toolbar is significantly better. Another thing about the spellchecker is that there is no way to manage your dictionary. I accidentally added a misspelled word to the dictionary, and there is no way integrated into FireFox to remove that accidental entry.

The one thing I do like is that it has a "Undo Close Tab" button, and also the way you can set it to start up on the pages you closed on. Not major changes, but useful none the less. I haven't really noticed much more that is different, apart from that extensions and themes are grouped into a single GUI box under the leading "Ad-Ons".

I doubt now I would ever go back to Internet explorer, as it never seems to be updated, where as FireFox is updated regularly, and I get a lot less spyware with FireFox. Plus, what other browser allows you to play Pong :lol:

After reading all these posts, and mostly reading truefusions post I just downloaded Opera. I have had Firefox forever and its better than any other browser I have used before. I've even downloaded Internet Explorer 7 to give it another chance but it just sucks. Im using Opera right now just seeing what its like... to me theres not a whole lot of difference between Opera & Firefox but that's only because I just now finished downloading it... Im sure i'll find something better or worse with it here soon.

Edit:

I have just found something very very cool with Opera. I went to Tools > Preferences and I saw something called a wand. You can use it to autocomplete forms... Im not sure if there is an add-on in firefox that allows you to do this but this is definately a big plus about this browser... I absolutely hate filling out stupid forms all the time.

Edited by TeeCee06 (see edit history)

I found Firefox 2.0 amazing. I really liked the feature that they added spell check to it. It is very useful. I also really like how they had an option if Firefox crashes that it asks you if you want to restore your last session. I have been using Firefox since it came out and it keeps getting better and better.

Whats the point of it anyway? Internet explorer 5.0 is way better in my opinion. Firefox 2.0 seems like one of those crappy explorers like Mozilla 1.0 explorer or something. Haha! Mozilla....you know they made that crappy thing from a php script or something they picked off of hotscripts.com

Well there's nothing wrong with people using scripts from hotscripts.

In fact, open source gets better results than commercial software (in most cases), because, one person writes some code, publishes it. Another one reads that code and thinks "this can be shorter", corrects it and publishes it. If lots of people keep doing it, also adding thing they think are useful (because they think it's useful for themselves) the software grows positively, becomes faster, safer, more user-friendly and keep going on.

Then, software programes aren't written in php as I understand you're telling. I believe Ff is written mainly in c++. Other scripting languages like javascript and markup language css gives the looks of the good looking browser Ff (unlike IE, which is a boring, sad, dead-looking browser, with absolutely no possibility of customizing it to you're personal taste.)

But I must admit that I don't notice many major changes to the v2.

Nevertheless they probably will have added (security)leaks etc. edit:they removed them ofcourse, not added :lol:

Firefox (2) for me ^_^

Edited by sachavdk (see edit history)

I will try Firefox 2.0 as soon as it's released as a PortableApp, since I don't have thge necessary administrator priveleges to install the real version. Version 1.5, with the Portable Firefox loader, loads in seconds on my P4 machine. My primary browser is Opera, but I use Firefox when sies don't render properly in Opera.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

When I updated to Firefox 2.0 my browser started to crash frequently. But I'm glad its fixed now, I dont know how. I just downloaded another update then the problem was fixed. I've used Opera before but it does'nt support gmail so I switched to Firefox and I kinda love it.

As a slight update, I have found that the spell checker isn't very good at all. It almost never guesses the words I want to spell. Ok, it may not be that bad, but it isn't good either.I went back to using the one found in Google toolbar, which although it doesn't have as nice way of checking spelling, it does guess words much better.

Firefox still beats the rest. Not much enhancements in this new version although the update has a critical security fix. still improving its security as always. Nowdays security is the main issue on the net . Firefox definately has the strongest security out of all the browsers. IN GENERAL I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FIREFOX FOR ANY USER , ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE USING IE EXPLORER ( as IE has many vunrabilites since its the most popular browser )

Firefox definitely has the strongest security out of all the browsers ... IE has many vulnerabilities since its the most popular browser)

Might I ask how many browsers have you used for you to come to that conclusion? If it were just IE and Firefox, I'm pretty sure Firefox beats IE, hands-down. However, might I add that malware developers are now also beginning to recognize the popularity of Firefox? Also, it was only just fairly recently that Firefox released an update that fixes a vulnerability: specially crafted GIF images can be used to give remote users root access to certain operating systems.

Firefox is really great, mind you. However, I would not go about how secure it is, 'coz, really, it's the Internet. Almost any browser's security is nothing if you don't use a firewall, a good anti-virus, an anti-adware and, most important of all, that gray matter between your ears. No, not that one; the other one. There :P

As a slight update, I have found that the spell checker isn't very good at all. It almost never guesses the words I want to spell. Ok, it may not be that bad, but it isn't good either.

Well, it's still in development... The spell checker built-in in ms word didn't work very good either when it was first released. I'll be better.