xisto Community
BooZker

Firefox 2 Whos has it and what do you think?

How would you rate Firefox 2  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I feel that FireFox 2.0 is good but it is still not matchable to Internet Explorer 7... You can say that IE copied Fx's tab features but not only has IE done that, other browsers have it too... And its the matter of who does it better, and IE 7.0 really entice me.. The larger screen view of the website instead of toolbars all over the top really makes my browser looks more neater, and more customable.. I still would stick to IE, but would occasionally use Fx to test out stuff or maybe play with it! :blink:

I will have to try it out. I still am a IE fan because i like how all pages look good in it rather than just some. I used firefox 1.x to test my pages and i also tested them in opera. I guess i will have to download the new version to spell check my pages along with make sure they look ok in it.

FireFox is really good but I use Internet Explorer most of the time.As I am making some sites, I can test them on Firefox to see if it looks good.FireFox also seems to load faster than Internet Explorer at times...

I LOVE FF2. The spell checker is awesome, and the new features are sweet. Only thing I dont like is that the close tab thingy on each tab, a bit harder than where it used to be. Well otherwise its awesome!

I just downloaded it about 5 minutes ago, so I haven't had much time to use it, but from what I can tell immediately, it looks a bit better, and seems to move a bit faster. It also loaded a lot faster too. All of my extensions seem to work, and it hasn't crashed yet!. Oh, I just realized that it had a spell check. That's pretty useful...

Truefusion -- I know exactly what you mean about the loading thing. That is why i tried firefox 1 for about a week then got tired of it then went to IE 6 and IE 7 mostly just because of the loading time, but then I don't know who, but someone said my site didn't work on Opera. I then downloaded it and got hooked. [1:The one and ONLY downfall is that it has many problems with sites because people do not test for Opera browsers.] Even my teachers were like you use Opera!

The spell check never worked for me. I installed it, but yes, it had tabbed browsing, and the dictionary and spell check before along with loading time and safer browsing.

[2:By the way truefusion i use firefox 2 now because the loading time is nothing at all seriously.]

Yeah, i got hooked the first time i tried Opera, too--still hooked. It was mostly the interface and built-in features of it that reeled me in. With Firefox, it's not so much built in, but not a problem. Funny thing, though: Opera opens up faster than Internet Explorer on this computer.

[1]Yeah, but we just gotta get more designers into web standards. :blink:

[2]I only use it for certain websites. Firefox's spell-check feature is better than Opera's, only cause it does an automatic scan. I guess loading time has gotten better, cause i have more extensions in it than i used to, and it opens up around the same time before upgrading to Firefox 2.

I have had firefox 2 for a about a week now. The spell checker was a great idea. In the past if I need to have good spelling I have written things in Word, then copied them into an internet form. Not having to open a new aplication is great for me considering I am running a stone age pentium 3 with 128 mb of ram. The new location of the close buton on the tabs took a bit to get use to but now I really enjoy it. Another feature of firefox than is not new but not in IE is the find function finds as you type, saving a lot of time.

I have to say that this is the greatest browser out! Sure it has some flaws, and crashes sometimes but they were extremely smart and added the option that if your computer crashes then it asks if you want to continue, the next time you open up Firefox. That is a great feature as my old computer is always crashing and its really frustrating to have to frantically search through the history tab to find the great websites that i was on. I especially like the spell checker feature, although i have made very few mistakes i've found that many of the words aren't actually added to the dictionary. Its not as thought its a chore to add new words but its really stupid, you would think that they would already have a massive dictionary list, or at least instead of creating their own got some site like dictionary.com to do it, Also its really annoying that if you type a word in that it does not even include words with apostrophes in them. But other than those few very small annoyances i really like Firefox 2, its great. And if you havent i advise you all to download and start using this instead of stupid Internet Explorer which stole most of the other browsers features.

i use opera because its fastand me havent yet tried firefox will try sometime or the other when i'll get free from downloading my songs lol

I seriously think if designers designed for Opera also i would use Opera way more. Opera is a much browser overall. Loading times, safer, and more.

Well FireFox 2 is good and it is bad. There are a lot of changes in the theme and the new tab button feature is copied from Internet Explorer 7 and Opera. The spell check feature is good though I never really use it. At first i thought there is some bug in Firefox 2 with those red dotted lines coming under the text. However the major disadvantage is that when you upgrade to it the installed extensions becme useless and for most of them there will be no extension out for FireFox 2. Like the Vista theme extension. I wish Mozilla comes out with a way to deal with all this as it is quite difficult to do without the extensions when you get used to it.

i do love firefox, but i also face some problems in designing some graphics for the website which would work at firefox and even some programming features that work easily in internet explorer don't work that good in firefox hence i always face that problemfor example when we hover mouse over a link i need a background colour , this is easily achieved by making changes in .css file but not possible in firefox making that work in firefox id difficult i havent got a solution for that in firefox ,even the bookmark link feature in internet explorer has so easy syntax but it is difficult in firefox but if we talk about only the basic user side it is the best ,it has great security features while the internet explorer is highly abused in security ,the browser get hack very easily even internet explorer 7 is not a match for the firefox

Lately i have been having problems with Firefox 2 on my Mac laptop, but not my windows. Has anyone else had a problem? My problem is it wont load pages sometimes. Like you click a link and it is a dead link, but it is obviously not dead.