xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HMN

Rap Or Rock: U Choose

RAP or ROCK  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah some rap like 50 Cent's gives all rap a bad name because all he raps about is guns, killing.. etc. but i've listened to stuff like that for ages and i still haven't felt any desire to buy a gun and kill loads of people hehehe.

Rock, definatly. Not the hard, screaming jumping around and breaking things rock. Softer rock, with a good melody, rhythm, etc..Such as...AARUncle CrackerMatchbox20GreendayJourneyMen Without HatsThat can keep going, for quite a while, actually. :)But yeah I lean towards rock. Punk rock, Metalic rock, Hard rock, Goth rock = ew. But a lot of it is good. :)

Stereotyping Rock as screaming is about ignorant as saying Rap is just talking into a microphone to a beat. Argument-wise, Rock wins. The lyrics have more depth. Rap just seems to rely on beats and repeating the same thing over and over.

This is basically the cliche about apples and oranges. You can't compare two completely different types of music, especially ones as diverse as rock and rap. Look at these: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rock_genres, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hip_hop_genres. Yes, rock tends to be more musical and rap tends to be "poetic," but some rock is more poetic, while some rap is more musical. You can't really even compare subgenres of rock or rap, either. Like instrumental rock, which focuses on instruments alone and has no singing, and early rock like Chuck Berry, who reused notes but had very diverse and interesting lyrics. This debate is pointless just like nearly every other debate on the internet.

Edited by beeseven (see edit history)

debate is pointless just like nearly every other debate on the internet.

Thats why we are trying to figure out whats better Lol. A debate is for share your points and say your arguments, and then have a final conclusion.
Well, by far, Rock has the double votes here than Rap, and almost every member that voted here in pro of rock said rap was just like about women, money, sex, lust, and bahh.. etc.. etc.. like those rapers feel they are the best persons around.

So i think rock is most liked by people than rap, thats it. But yea there are a lot of other people that likes better rap, less, but is people who support the genre.

i voted for rockThe reason i voted for rock was because i find much more comfort in listening to rock than i do listening to anything else.the reason is because i think that rock has a much better beat that other things like rap does. And the fact that rap is a form of poetry and since i hate poetry that could lead to why i hate it.

perosnally i like rap better i mean i cant deal wit ppl screming into a mic for to long. i like muzik that i can dance to or just bump to u know but rock ppl have to jump and get all out of control and stuff man its to much work lol. and besides i have to focus hard trying to listen becuz i cant uderstand all of the screaming.

Actually, not all rock is screaming into a mic. You didn't really specify what type of rock. So while I'm assuming you're not talking about old rock, there's a pretty big difference between hard rock and just rock. I like rock, and I like some hard rock, though not a lot of it. I can't handle a lot of rap because it's hard for ME to understand. I know a lot of people like it and that's their opinion. But for me, it's hard to understand, and then when I actually try to listen to it I see that it's a lot more sexual stuff and drugs and the like than I like to think about. I know rock has some of that, then again every type but Christian music has that. But I find more of it in the rap than the rock area. That's just me.

but u only hear that becuz u listen to 1 type of style. u have to listen to the other things. RAP is mostly made for danceing. when ur at a party ppl are not going to be making sure that the words are not bad. at a party the ppl want a song that talks about sex and bakcin it up and stuff. it gets them pumped and into the moment.

lmao nukka, its gotta be a both on that one. i love everythign but country music hehe... you do know though if you play a country song backwards u get your dog, family and truck back, and your grandmom gets outta jail right? =D

Edited by soulju (see edit history)

wow, rock vs rap, like others have said its like apples vs oranges (personally i like bananas lol) the two genres have their pros and cons and i do enjoy listening to both of them

as far as rock is concerned, this is something i started listening to when i was younger and i think generally has a broader appeal, I can remember the first cd i ever owned was a rock cd i got for my birthday when i was about 7 years old. Growing up I can remember listeing to songs i consider classics today, like the old faith no more with tracks like epic and then theres metallica and their songs, one of my favourites being one (off and justice for all) if you like metallica and haven't seen the film clip for one I reccomend you try and find it on youtube or something and have a watch, its a great clip. as I got older I listened to some more varied styles of rock from things like slipknot and tool, to linkin park and stuff like that.

now as far as hip hop is concerned, i listened to a lot of the US stuff as I grew up, all the same stuff everyone listened to. cypress hill, wu-tang, dr dre, snoop dogg, etc. nowadays however I get my hip-hop locally. australia has some great acts around, but with such a small population there isn't the same kind of market as the US and most acts don't get the exposure they deserve. Most australians have heard of the hilltop hoods, definatly the most successful hip-hop group down here but there are some other great crews and mc's.

heres some links so you overseas people can hear some of the stuff i'm talking about

the nurcha records mixtapes http://www.mp3.com.au/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

the prime records mixtape http://www.mp3.com.au/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t

and for something with parodies of more popular songs check weapon x and ken hell https://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=illflow&e=com (you need to sign up to download)

I like both, but I'm picky about which songs I'll listen to. Just because I like rap doesn't mean I'll like every rap song, and the same goes for rock. Plus, there aren't many rap artists out there who I'm fond of. Sure, they can rap just fine, but there songs lack any good content and their music videos are boring.

i really prefer rap. Especially with all the new stuff comin out and how it is all changing. Rock is ok but i just hate that heavy metal rock. And in rap they are tellin a story in a song. The beats are always really good and good to listen to many times. SO that is why i prefer rap over rock.

Well, I choose rock over rap... In my oppinion (and it's just my oppinion), people who would really much like to sing, but just can't, go into rap :(I'm sorry, but I just don't see much music in rap... I'll admit, there happens to come along a song or two, that has a catchy music, but I can't stand all that talk... And that talk, often makes no sense at all... Same goes with hipp-hopp, and other similar genres of music... I much prefer songs that make sense, have lyrics, that people can understand, without having to slow the song down :lol:Anyways, those are my 2 cents... Didn't mean to offend anyone, that's just how I see rap... I myself listen to eurodance, trance, and similar genres, but I also like to listen to rock, metal, and pretty much most of the music... So, in this poll, I'm on the side of the good ol' rock :(