xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HMN

Rap Or Rock: U Choose

RAP or ROCK  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I listen to Rock and Metal when I feel like im in a really depressed mood from time to time. The best one I listen to [not sure if its on the right genre] is Linkin Park. My favorite song is In The End, for some reason, out of all the songs ive listen to, it actually had a meaning to it. Other than like the other ones that are just pointless and just sound good. Yeah, I think that Linkin Park is the only band I can think of that their songs actually make sense. It also fits with my life, my problems, and what I go through each day.But when im in a pretty good mood, I would listen to pop or anime [j-pop]. Utada Hikaru is a pretty good singer. One song that also made sense to me is So Sick, by Ne-Yo and Lonely, by Akon. Yeah, I guess its not those "happy" songs, but hey, its still good.So I choose.... Neither of them. I like both Genres. Actually, I like to listen to any kind of music except opera, emo, hardcore, "cowboy music", and rap. Everything else is pretty good.

Ohd id have to say rock i hate rappers really i do. A bunch of people in their 20's mainly talking about sex or how the took some girl home ect ect. it has no actual meaning. so id say rock by a long shot.

I like rock. Rap is just people saying yo yo yo your doggy is cool and whats up with there names like ya im Daddy and im Lil brother. Its like why not say you mike jike or somin. Onlike these rock people accualy do somthing like Billy Joe lead singer of greenday accualy sounds good and sings about true things. Like in his album American Idiot it is all about how the president is a idiot witch is true.

I dont mind either, although I'd prefer rock over rap as rap seems to be at times, just a person or a bunch of people talking "reallyfastlikethisheyyobrother" and the "yo like names like diddy and so forth". But with rock songs, some songs seem to make a meaning out of true things, like the post above which made an example of green day. Frenzal Rhomb in Australia is also another example, which seems to sing songs against particular views (ie pop music).

W000t it's good to see that most of the people here at Xisto think that rock is far more superior to rap :lol: and its the truth :( Face it HEHERap= Really Annoying Poetry (and i like some poetry, there is only one poem I've ever read, and liked)Rock= Really Outstanding... hmm i'll have to come up with somthing dor CK :(

LOL @ Rap at Poetry. Yes it does seem that some rap songs are really poetry just read really fast "likethisyobrother". I dont mind poetry in general, but then again I dont read poetry that much either.

I listen to all flavours of Rock (from AlternRock to Hard Rock).Most people I know say that rap is not REAL music.Rap has some good lyrics sometimes compared to Rock.Then again, rap is only beats with voice...

well we as rappers have different kinds of rap as well. we have harcore rap, gangsta rap and just plain rap. Hardcore rap is ma fav. this style uses a low base beat that u can dance to.gangsta rap is about how gangstas or how we live our lives everyday. tells the truth about stuff. stuff that ppl wont say in publicand plain rap could be romance, poety, a diss, etc

I like both Rock and Rap however when it comes to deciding which one of them is better I got to say Rock. Rap doesnt necessarily mean talking fast over a catchy tune rather it requires a great skill that few can master. Rock on the other hand is evergreen and soothes your ears virtually anytime and suits any particular mood. I love Linkin park and Metallica.

yeah but rock reqires no skill. i think that rock is just ppl who like chains and skulls and all they have to know is how to play an instrament and there is one person who has to talk in the the mic. and notice i said talk. i know that some rap there are ppl who can sing and they sing rock music but most of it is just creaming in the mic. i like muiic that u can dance to or just sit there and clamy bumb your hid to. not jump all over each other bumpin ma head way low enogh the touch the floor. i mean come on man lolz y ppl jump into a mosh pit and almost kill each other for fun i will never know. but i knwo this. rap is more soothing. cuz ppl who listen to rap just sit there and listen or get up and dance if the its a beat yo ca dance to. but in rock ppl jump up and down screaming and u cant dance to it. i mean when did screaming into a mic become music. rap has alsways been music. its poetry poerty has always been music.