xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vietonline

Should Students In School Show Pda's Public displays of affection

This topic was actually brought up at my school. Mostly for the reason some students were being rather extreme with showing their affection for each other in school.To me its alright do have a quick hug or kiss and holding hands is alright, but anything more then that shouldn't be allowed in school. Just because of the fact that most students don't want to see that kind of stuff in the hallways. Plus the fact most of the time I hear rather bad comments about people who do any more then that in the hall, mostly consering the girl in the relationship. However, off of school grounds you can do what ever you want, as long as it follows public decentancy laws.

I may be a bit biased but this is something I can relate to. When I'm walking down the hallway at school, I don't want to see someone making out or kissing and groping in fron tof the lockers. Our teachers, so you can see, are quite lenient about the wole thing and they think that it's good to show some from of love in a relationship. My point-of-view is that I don't want to see that! I have a friend who is very timid and such and I walk down a deserted hallway after band on night and I see her making out in front of the windows facing our football field. I'm scarred for life that I saw her and not someone else in her position. That's my take of it. Also, someone was talking about a more mature way. Meeting after school, holding hands (as long as they walk not just stand there,) talking to each other, tastefully sending them notes, taking them on dates out of school, inviting them to dances, and other normal stuff. Sorry if it seems like I'm rambling but that is the one thing that I hate walkignn down the halls in my school every morning.

I think students should be allowed to show PDA in school but only in appropriate times and ways. The times would be in between class and before and after school. Never during a class (except lunch). As for the right types of PDA allowed, obviously holding hands and hugs are fine. The kissing should be kept to a short one that you would do like right before class would start. A longer kiss would be ok if you were not going to see them for a while and or if you did something special for them and deserve one. People just have to keep in mind that they are not alone in the halls.

PDA to me really doesn't need to be all that much for those of us at highschool age. I don't mind people holding hands or hugging or having their arms around eachother when they're talking to people, and I don't know that I mind them kissing some. What I don't know that I like is when they go crazy with it, or make out in front of you. We don't need to see that. Anything past that they shouldn't be doing at our age anyway. It's unnecessary to me to be that open with other people around.

Kissing/holding hands/etc is OK by me, full on tonsil hockey is a little gross (and rude if they are doing it right in front of you), but so are a lot of other things. *shrugs* I think its silly to make up rules about it, so long as people arent takin each others clothes off in the hallway and such, although sometimes people's PDAs seem inconsiderate of other people.

i say that it doesnt matter because you can say its breaking the rules to show PDA but that wont stop it people will still show PDA and all they will accomplish is more kids in detention if it bothers anyone look away it will always happen get used to it

i don't see why people have such big problems with public display of affection, holding hands here, holding hands there, a kiss here a kiss there, a little tongue here, and little tongue there, but if they start dry humping each other or something it's a bit to far, but just making out, kissing, holding hands, hugs, that's not anything bad... I'll hug anyone and if anyone ever dare say anything about my PDA of hugging, they will find my foot is going to become close friends with them and them excellent friends with the ground

I don't know I don't actually like seeing people showing Public Displays of Affection, mostly because i think it is kind of a personal thing, and I know people wouldnt like to see me with my boyfriend, but at the same time I think some people make a big deal out of it. I don't think people should be full on making out, groping eachother, or touching eachother so severely in public, because its 1. Gross 2. Rude and 3. Makes you look trashy. But as for a simple hug, or even holding eachother doesn't really bother me, to me that just shows you care for that person. I also don't really mind a few small kisses here and there, as long as they don't last more than a few seconds. Holding hands is obviously perfectly acceptable, and probably the best and least inappropriate way to show your affection publicly without going overboard.

its not whether they should or shouldn't show pda....its whether they want to or not. if they don't want to, no problem ^^ and if they want to... well...basically as long as nobody sees, noonewill know =Xi think its fine to show pda....in less public places, depending on what it is. pretty much fine in public: peck on the cheek, holding hands, short hug, holding each other. not so fine in public: kissing...like really kissing..a long one...that keep some people oggling at the couple ._."no point making rules against it...if you don't want to see, don't look. they're still going to do it anyway. and students should be smart about it as well, make sure they keep it in check n make sure it doesn't bother the people surrounding them~thats what i think..

I think PDA's are okay but too much is not very annoying. I'd say that holding hands and quick kissing is good enough. The rest leave it to when you guys are alone. In my school there's too much canoodling and kissing. I'd say to keep it minimal.

I wish that people would be mature and courteous enough to limit PDA in *all* public places. School...the grocery store...the park...everywhere. People should be able to maintain some semblance of self control...especially when they aren't separated from each other for very long (i.e. the workday or school day).I don't mind when couples hold hands or kiss each other a little. I make exceptions to this, of course. If I'm at the airport, I expect people who have been separated to really get into greeting each other (as long as they don't start having sex in, I can look the other way and be cool with the whole thing).But overall? Urk. I don't wanna see most of it.

There is nothing wrong with PDA it is a part of life. everyone does it. you just hit a stage of your life and you just go along with it. it's all natural.-HoseHead

At my school, PDA is not allowed. my girlfriend and I were STANDING together in a hall. we weren't all over each other, she was drinking a slushie and even had her back to me at that moment. a principal came through and called it a PDA. this was more than an hour after school. I got yelled at by a principal, a teacher, a counselor, and two pairs of parents. I was grounded from seeing my girlfriend and when we did see each other at school, we basically have to maintain a safe distance from each other because we've been labeled a "hot and heavy couple". through all of this, the principal was the only person who saw us standing beside each other. he referred to it as a PDA, so everyone who I was in trouble with assumed that it was serious. no one believes us when we say we weren't doing anything simply because we're "immature teenagers".