xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vietonline

Should Students In School Show Pda's Public displays of affection

That stupid pda rule is dumb! holding hands and giving hugs isn't like firing a machine gun! It's not killing anyone! I hate that rule.......I hate it alot!-girlypinkgirl07

I think they go a little too far when it comes to PDA @ my school, they even banned high fiving and shaking hands!!! Some stuff like making out and stuff like that make sense, but no high fiving, I MEAN COME ON!!!!!-Jeni

I'm just going to say that I am currently a senior and there is absolutely nothing wrong with some of the things that students have been getting in trouble for. Whats wrong with hugging your friends?? nothing!! kids cant even do THAT!? of course there should be a limit...no sex or anything close to that but honestly, who is it hurting to hug and give a quick kiss to your boyfriend or girlfriend? that's their own business and as long as it is not inappropriate, it should be allowed. And whoever it was that said "save it for your spouse" is stupid. grow up and accept the fact that this is part of high school. plus, kids cant just try to grow up only getting love from their parents. some people need it from others. I agree with the last person, its totally natural.

I'm just going to say that I am currently a senior and there is absolutely nothing wrong with some of the things that students have been getting in trouble for. Whats wrong with hugging your friends?? nothing!! kids cant even do THAT!? of course there should be a limit...no sex or anything close to that but honestly, who is it hurting to hug and give a quick kiss to your boyfriend or girlfriend? that's their own business and as long as it is not inappropriate, it should be allowed. And whoever it was that said "save it for your spouse" is stupid. grow up and accept the fact that this is part of high school. plus, kids cant just try to grow up only getting love from their parents. some people need it from others. I agree with the last person, its totally natural.

I think pda should be limited somewhat. I think that holding hands and hugging is okay, but the kissing part I can see why they don't want that because there is a lot of people who are ugly and your getting ready to eat and you see ugly people kissing its nasty. Not all pda is bad. but some yes I agree. but people are taking it to far, teachers and everybody else, my mom agrees that pda should be gone but honestly whats wrong with people holding hands or hugging?? NOTHING!! I think its bull and it needs a change I read the other "expressions" and its crap. I agree with some but not all. like the one that said They forbid it at our school for some strange reason, I don't really see all the fuss about it! Its just a quick hug. But I guess if you really want to you can run down the hall naked singing Britney Spears" god knows what they would say about that here in my school they pry send you to the office saying PDA PDA PDA DETENTION and we all would laugh and say PLEASE! n walk out. pda is okay for some but it shouldn't be this bad.-Shelby

Yeah I think that PDA should be ok because some peoples parents don't let them date and they do it anyway and were else would they hang out with them besides lying to their parents and say they are going to do something and go hang out with there boyfriend or girlfriend but maybe people don't like lying to their parents why do you guys care so much!!!!!! -bobbie

Should students in school show PDA's(Public Dispays of Affection)other than holding hands and a quick hug and kiss in the halls of the school?
I wonder to here you ideas about this here.

mmm if they feel they must, i guess so.. not be all getting at eachothe rkinky time at the wall.. if you know wat i mean (which happens alot at my high school) all guys want now adays is sexx

Public display of affection...I love this expression.First of all, I'm a high school student. I do not have a girlfriend, and no, if I had one I would not make out with her in the school hallways. At least it's very unlikely. But we are talking here about two people that possibly love each other. So why should they not be allowed to publicly display their affection? If you are 30 and dating someone, who you might marry, you are allowed to publicly show affection. Agreed, for most high school sweethearts marriage seems pretty unlikely, but still I resent the idea of hiding a relationship from the public, no matter how old you are. For me this has something to do with free will. Of course, it's not appropriate to have sex in public, at least I guess that most people would agree to that. But should holding hands or kissing really be prohibited? Concerning the argument with the learning environment: What can possibly create a more family-like and friendly environment than to see that people actually still love each other?By the way: I'm in a catholic high school, ergo PDA is strictly prohibited.-reply by Ira`

to actually show real affection Public Dispays of Affection is not needed. just a warm greeting will do the trick.it is just a waste and ruining the minds of young children to teach Public Dispays of Affection to them. please dont allow it. thank you.

I think we should be able to have no PDA in the public school. Its all good feeling to receive a hug once and a while from a special someone or a friend. I also think there is no harm in hold hands with someone else even if it is just playing around.-reply by kyanah

I do not think students should be able to show affection in school! I think that you have free time for a reason! School is a place to learn! If students are going through the halls kissing and holding hands little eyes are learning the same thing and that is part of the reason that there are more teen pregnancy and what not, because authority doesn't care what the students do!-feedback by Shanie

its DUMB.

Should Students In School Show Pda's

Replying to pixieloo

Darling [[or dude]], its human nature to show affection towards people

I cant even hug my own friend w/o being harassed by teachers [[or staff]] that are so bored with their lives and their job that they have to try and make us walking robots.

However, I don't think they should get rid of it, but rather lighten it up a bit. I do think groping and making out in the hallway is extreme, but HUGGING is just fine.

Some parents that are working during the day are being bothered at work because their kid was caught "showing PDA". Parents that work nights, and require sleep during the day [[my parents]] are being woken up for this.

I am appalled at how I had to serve after school detention for hugging mi best friend who was in need of comfort. And I'm on the "black list" with mi parents because they had to waste money for gas to come and pick me up afterwards. >:l

I hope I can change the minds of the nampa school district administrators [[head honchos]] about this policy.

-reply by Jennielyn Bartus

Why not have PDA???

Should Students In School Show Pda's

Okay I'm only 15 but I think PDA is stuipd..I mean why cant kids hug? High school students should be able to kiss and hug..But if they were to go future than that.I can totally understand..Cause if students were touching each other where there not suposse to I can soooooo understand..Just help m and see what yew think about PDA...

-reply by Tayler_love

I don't see why it wouldn't be normal as long as there is a sense of decency involved... But no one can really define decency so I guess it is somewhat normal to ban public displays of affection (I don't know why but the use of the short form - "PDA" makes me think of the electronic gadget) until we all agree to what is decent and what is not!PS: What about same sex public displays of affection? I am homophobic and I would never ever allow something like that... That rule is for boys. Girls can do whatever they like... :( ... We even encourage them to do so! <_<

Um. I think you are wrong about that one. Schools are for everybody not who is smarter or none of that. Stop being immature. PDA shouldnt be allowed but still.. Leave IQ levels outa this-reply by kalee