xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vietonline

Should Students In School Show Pda's Public displays of affection

Ok well I agree with the writer of this subject.But I utterly disslike the stereotyping put into this post that is uneeded and shows ignorance of the person who posted it, throwing fake social stereotypes in to a matter that are off topic.So in school ill hug my gf and some of my friends and ill hold hands our put my arm around my girlfriend and the principle took us aside and said it was wrong to do so.I understand why it is set in place so that there is no making out in public beacuse that is disgusting.To add more to the matter a couple that looks like my girlfriend and I gets us into trouble.Ill hug my girlfriend and give her a kiss on the forehead when I leave school and a teacher ran up and yelled at us beacuse they thought we were the couple making out in the hallway.Also we go out into a small noncrowded/public area so we don't affect others. The school systems in the US need to give classes to the employers on how to handle situations such as PDA instead of having neo-nazi attitude for showing affection to others.It is utterly ridiculous and blown out of perportion when it happens.Hope you enjoyed my opinions and have a good day

By Alex Argie

Should Students In School Show PdaShould Students In School Show Pda's

Okay, it's fine to be against public displays of affection in schools but your reason of being put off PDAs because of people who were making out and to you "ugly" is stupid. Just because you don't think they are good looking doesn't mean other people can't. WATCH your damn mouth! you could say your good looking but they could say the same thing about you. I can see being nice is a stretch for you but you could atleast TRY! I think PDA is fine theres nothing wrong with showing affection to the person you love. If you think there is then you are an idiot.

-reply by Branflakes

I believe that PDA should be allowed in school - to an extent. Holding hands, hugging, or a simple peck on the cheek is perfectly acceptable. However, practically eating someone's face in the middle of the hallway - not so much. I think that schools do go a little far by not letting couples hold hands, as that's a very platonic thing, but it's within their right to make sure that students don't have to watch people slobber all over each other everyday.

My opinion on Public display of affectionShould Students In School Show Pda's

Pda in school is as natural as lust in teenage eyes. Yes in some ways its wrong cause nobody wants to see someone eatin your face off. But somthing as simple as holding hands thats okay.

-reply by louisa hodgin

Okay, Now thers nothing wrong wigth holding hands or maybe a peck on the lips from "The One You love" But aint nobody want to see two people attacking each others face it don't matter who you are in less your like a total perv thats just not right. I don't care if you pretty or not

-reply by louisa hodgin

I get what every bodies saying...

My code of conduct says nothing against the PDA. However, when one is relatively private AND it's after school... I still get called on it. After school my girlfriend gets picked up, so we wait out front for a while... Who's to say and why the hell do they need to say that it's totally wrong that I'm doing that?

I understand in hallways, I understand in class, I understand in classrooms or bathrooms or anywhere else totally secluded may lead to bad things, so I understand the restriction there as well.. However in front of the school, after school hours, it doesn't disturb class, it doesn't affect the learning environment in any manner... It just saves us from having to walk off campus to get a quick couple of kisses in.

They used the analogy "She's red and your blue, no purple... No PDA." I like challenging (and coming to a full understanding of) the rules, therefore I replied "So no holding hands?" I mean, a mother can kiss her son goodbye or hello, isn't that a Public Display of Affection, I understand it's platonic affection, still affection non-the-less. 

I also understand if one is getting handsy. Whereas hands are going PG+ places. But they show kissing (with tongue) in PG movies... And isn't (most) everyone in High school a teenager? (or a prodigy, whereas they know how that works anyway).

Bah, there are my views on it... Thanks for listening!

Email me any replies (probably never getting on here again): alienstunt@netscape.Net

-reply by alienstunt

I think that students SHOULD be allowed to makeout. But no one should be like taking there cloths off and other stuff. Its not lik ur hurting anyone by holding hands or kissing. It is dumb that teachers be tripping over that cause you know they did that with there girlfriend in school.

My school has went so far with PDA that we can't even give anyone high-fives or a pat on the back. Anyone that gets caught touching anyone in anyway automaticly gets a detention, with no warning. Today i actually got a detention for giving my best friend a high-five and running into someone in the hall way. its ridiculous!

Technically, through research, I have concluded that a school is not nesscessairly a public place therefore it would be impossible to have a PDA( Public Display of Affection) in a non-public place. Additionally, I also believe that PDAs in a school is an okay thing because giving students who are having a bad day, a better day, you are helping their grades and clinical studies show that a positive attitude is a live saving and life preseveing thing. In conclusion I do believe that PDAs in school are a good thing.

Recently, my boyfriend and I have been getting in trouble at school for trivial things, like a quick kiss goodbye or a comforting hug. The principal in one of our offices acted as if I'd brought a gun to school and called my mother. I promised I wouldn't kiss him at school anymore. Today, he hugged me and kissed me on the cheek, and a teacher walked up to us and literally screamed at us, saying "Uh-uh, that is inappropriate to be kissing like that in the hallway!" I asked her what kind of kissing was so inappropriate. My boyfriend asked her why kissing on the cheek was bad. She walked away. It's getting to the point where I don't feel comfortable at school because of the way people react to the little things. When I was being harassed and bullied, they did nothing. But when I get a kiss on the cheek, I'm a horrible human being.

I THINK PDA IS OK. i love my boyfriend and he loves me, we only see eachother at school so he never gets to kiss me of hugg me, we hold hands all the time but we cant go anyfarther because of stupid school rules, i would like to get at least a goodbye kiss in the afternoon but i would get into big trouble with my teachers because they seam to watch our every move. if you ask me i say theachers need to back off and think about what it would have been like if they had to live by the same rules at school when they were kids."It's getting to the point where I don't feel comfortable at school because of the way people react to the little things. When I was being harassed and bullied, they did nothing. But when I get a kiss on the cheek, I'm a horrible human being." i agree, i was bullied in school all my life because i was different, it got so bad one time i balled my eyes out and ran out of the classroom and didnt come back. my theachers never cared and they never did anything about it, it is so stupid.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Tricky topic to be discussed upon, Many would say that PDA's are okay within a limit, but the limit to be determined contains the trickiest job,schools all over the world have different kinds of students----different on the basis of environment they are brought up in, cultural ethics etc. The individual nature of the student can't be ruled out and the conduct code of each school is also unique and at times can say a bit rigid,so the display of affection in public can be avoided if it is considered to be something offensive, for even if the person is really expressive, affection is necessarily to be felt, not to be displayed.

I don’t think school is a right place to any show public display of affection, particularly for higher schools. And as said we can’t define the limitations for PDAs, so it’s better to rule it out and to have a uniform conduct code, so that anyone can follow it to maintain the decorum of the institute especially for any Indian-based institutions.