xisto Community
lonebyrd

How Do I Completely Remove Trojan Viruses anti-virus put them in virus vault

You recommend you go for Bit Defender , it is the strongest and most trusted Anti-Virus program out of them all. If you are (Sorry , I mean your PC) infected by Spyware , leave the job to Bit Defender , too , it can remove Spyware then recover your files with ease , don't like AVG. :)

/End_Of_Commercial (:))I just stay here with TrendMicro and that's it. But a friend said "OMFG THAT'S ZE CRAP, USE AVAST!"Seems good, I might replace TrendMicro with it. I am still unsure, but go Google the link as I don't have it right now.G'Luck.--Zero Ziat.

ive never even ried AVG but if i need to i know where to get it, also my buddy at work said that the bit defender is a good one to use he uses it and he reallay preffers it over Norton. Also i dont know why but most people really now in days dont preffer using Norton or Mcaffe i really dont know if its because other programs softwares are better than the to i mentioned or do people just preffer them because they are lot easier to get and cheaper.. or is the actuall performance and quality this good.. as far Norton goes i can say i do like it even tho its expensive, but i feel its wortjh it because it does it job.

I haven't used avg before. I have use the mcafee, as before it was norton anti-virus, but it too slow to my computer.

my hard drive have two copy of spyware softwares. One for adware se, other was spydoctor 4.
In addition, I have my pc protected with a firewall by outpost pro and never use ie 6 because it too many security problem or holes. most spyware and tojan was infected from ie if an needed update no installed.

and recently, I'am testing the hijackthis and system repair engneering

some reference link
spyware-doctor
OutPost Pro
hijack this
System Repair Engineer (this is in chinese)

Well I'm not sure if this will be the best idea for your problem, but I would suggest finding the path of the virus, finding the name, and submit the virus name in the virus encyclopedia here. I have AVG free ver. 7.1.405 and it works nicely on keeping my computer free of virus's. I've had a trojan in my vault that was not able to delete because avg had warned me I could not. Instead, being paranoid about a couple virus's that I could not delete in the AVG vault, I researched the virus name, and tracked the path where the virus was said to be on my computer. Found unknown files, and deleted them. Ran AVG again and they were removed. You may try this way if you want, but make sure of the files you are deleting are not part of your system or programs you may have. Feel free to PM me if you need any further assistance.

I used Nortons, McAfee and many retail versions in my time, while they are very reliable. They are also very steep to get if you decide to buy them legally. In my experience of using Anti-virus scanners and spyware removers, I find that the free AVG + Ad-aware SE Plus combo is the best, considering both do regular updates while at the same time track down viruses of any type (trojans, etc), and Ad-aware looks for any trojan-like spyware and malware.

I have Ad-aware SE free version which I update and run regularly along with AVG which automatically runs, but the trojan still got in. But I think I will try to figure out what squeaky suggested and try to track down the viruses location and delete the file, then run AVG again. This is not my computer, it is my girlfriends, but I maintain it for her. I try to tell her to watch were she goes and not to download things she doesn't know, but I'm not always available for her to run things by. And I'm not going to be the computer police and watch her every move. So all I can do is keep AVG, Ad-aware SE, and Spybot updated and run them often.

Beware, if a trojan is not completely removed it may have self replicated with new file names as one user has suggested already. Once you have some clue as to the file name or suspect files search the net for a while and eventually you will find a way to remove it. AVG and other anti virus programs as good as they may be, are not always the first to fix a problem. Great to detect, but try not to use the infected computer at all until you find out how to remove the trojan. Just look at my post in the computer security section to see how you too can be messed up by trojans if you don't follow through with removal right away. If the PC is on, leave it on but unplug the ethernet cable or whatever you use to connect to the internet because sometimes changes are made to system files and that requires a reboot to affect the cahnges. Get another PC from a friend and use that one to surf the net for tools and instructions etc... That one more boot just might mean the difference between non-destructive recovery and wiping everything out.Backup any important files by networking to another PC or putting on external storage before you start messing with removal.

Oh, one more thing. I suspect in my case the trojan was downloaded in disguise as DIVx browser viewer from one of those sites that hosts movies and TV programs. This is the only reason I use my server for surfing the net while allowing JavaScript and Active X. Any other time I severely limit what my browser can do by disabling active x and javascript completely. That's how I know it must have been piggy backed with the DIVx installation.

I use NOD32.It works very well against trojan.U may try it.This program provides automatic Internet/network update of key system elements including the executables and virus signature databases (a valid username & password is required).

Edited by morshed (see edit history)

Personally, I think that most Trojan horses are designed well enough to replicate themselves and keep from getting removed by most anti-viruses.

It's a pain, but whenever a friend of mine gets infected, I simply back everything up, wipe the drive clean, then reinstall everything.

It's a sure way of getting whatever is ailing your system. :(

I don't trust antiviruses to be able to remove every bit of malware from any system, not to mention that Windows won't grant read/write access to any programs (including deleting) if the file is in use. Kind of stupid how you want to remove something that IS doing something malicious, but Windows won't let you because it's busy doing just that. :)

As for processes, Google is awesome at helping you find out what's what. It comes through experience finding out off the bat what processes are essential and non-essential when looking at the Task Manager. To figure out some of them easily, run services.msc and when you double-click on a process, it will show you what the executable is that shows up in the Processes tab (and you will also find out why there are multiple instances of svchost.exe :( which always confused me back in the day). Also, if you Google for Windows services you should get multiple sites that will explain and even tell you if a process is essential to keeping Windows running normally.

You should always do the most compregensive scan on any file without a digital signature, and even if it does scan it anyway if it comes from a wierd source (like some company you've never heard of before and has a random name).MD5 or CRCs help a lot, and if the download page (from a trusty source) states the original MD5 or CRC then check that the MD5 hash or CRC matches with what the program you just downloaded. Every once in a while, do a full system scan in safe mode and go and check that all the infected files and/or registry entries are removed since they may open backdoors...

There's no antivirus that can protect against all virus or trojans or adware or spyware, beleave it.
I tryed many antivirus, firewalls, and all that BS, and noone of them protect you against all malware, none.

If you cought a trojan, and you can't heal, just delete it, and if you can't delete it, reiniciate your pc, and perhaps your antivirus will be able to resolve the situation.

Do not change antivirus, avg is very good, i use the pro version right now, is is better, but it can defend agist the same amount of virus, and i never catch a trojan because i also use a firewall with strict rules, so get a firewall too, antivirus can't protect against all trojans, but firewalls can because they supervise all ports, and if the ports are closed, trojans servers can not connect to the trojans clients.

Another thing you can do is to go for a online free antivirus scan, trend micro and others offer this for free, and you should do it to check if your antivirus is actually functioning correctly.

Test your antivirus, test it with the eicar.com code, it's a sort of virtual virus that check if your antivirus can protect you against the execution of virus code.
--------------
When avg moves a file to the valut, you do not have to worry about it, it's the quarentine, but if you want to delete it, just go to the virus vault and select it to delete, or delete the entire virus vault.

I'd second that I have seen that there is no AV that can get rid of all trojans but I realy think kaspersky is one package worth counting on. What i don't know is what kind of a connection do I need for an online scan. Are they not bandwith hungry?I have a server that was running Symantec but my ISP started blocking my access saying " my access is being denied because of a suspected virus on my machine" I've formated my client machines and now I am almost 100% sure it's the sever. I removed Symantec but I think I jumped from the frying pan into the fire. The AV spends 90% of the time saying "On Access Scan Disabled" It's disabled as soon as I enable it. As u can see i also need help in this area.