xisto Community
lonebyrd

How Do I Completely Remove Trojan Viruses anti-virus put them in virus vault

I have AVG anti-virus on my PC, and a few weeks back it found a trojan virus on my pc. It put it into the virus vault but could not heal it. How do I completly remove a trojan virus? Or even can I? Do I have to download specific software to remove it, or is there some more complexe way of going in to the system?

Although I never used this software, it should clean the trojan up once it is found. I think part of the code is quarentined for reference so the software can regonize it again.You can try and search for trojan removers or purchase commerical software like norton or mcafree to clean the trojan out.Unless someone else who uses this software knows a way then post right ahead.

Once you have the suspicious file inside the AVG Virus Vault, simply leave it there. It will be inaccessible to you or the system and that copy of the file will no longer be a problem.

Some virii, however, replicate themselves, so be cautious about virii for the next little while and run AVG regularly.

Be sure to update the files from their site, also.

get avast Home Edition its free and its better than AVG Free. it will remove the virus from the code so you would end up with a virus free code that you can use.

i recommend you to use ad-aware se plus. i once caught virus and trojan worms on my pc and i had AVG and bitdefender installed, i did a full system scan with them both an they didnt find anything so i was on the search for a new antivirus and my mate recommend ad-aware se plus. to me after i installed it an did a full sysetm scan in 5 mins or 6 wallah! no viruses or trojans.

There's no antivirus that can protect against all virus or trojans or adware or spyware, beleave it.I tryed many antivirus, firewalls, and all that BS, and noone of them protect you against all malware, none.If you cought a trojan, and you can't heal, just delete it, and if you can't delete it, reiniciate your pc, and perhaps your antivirus will be able to resolve the situation.Do not change antivirus, avg is very good, i use the pro version right now, is is better, but it can defend agist the same amount of virus, and i never catch a trojan because i also use a firewall with strict rules, so get a firewall too, antivirus can't protect against all trojans, but firewalls can because they supervise all ports, and if the ports are closed, trojans servers can not connect to the trojans clients.Another thing you can do is to go for a online free antivirus scan, trend micro and others offer this for free, and you should do it to check if your antivirus is actually functioning correctly.Test your antivirus, test it with the eicar.com code, it's a sort of virtual virus that check if your antivirus can protect you against the execution of virus code.--------------When avg moves a file to the valut, you do not have to worry about it, it's the quarentine, but if you want to delete it, just go to the virus vault and select it to delete, or delete the entire virus vault.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

About the virus vault in AVG , viruses in there can NOT damage your computer but I don't know how heal them. You shouldn't delete those viruses because doing so will make your computer damaged like missing a few features and more. So I think you shoudn't delete those viruses.

From my experience there are few ways to do some basic thing to secure your PC.1. Check your startup programs by running msconfig (Start>Run>msconfig)2. From there you can knew all the program that will loaded by Windows when startup.3. Also check the "Services Tab" in msconfig. Tyr checking the "hide All Microsoft Services" to list all non-microsoft running services.4. Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and view tab "process". Teriminate files that looks "strange". if you're sure then you can search the file location and deleted (ONLY IF YOU ARE SURE ABOUT IT!!!)5. Dont run exe file that you've download from untrusted source.6. Finally always update your ANTI VIRUS DEFINITION FILE!Hope's Help :)

The reason the computer can't clean up the virus is that it maybe loaded at startup.So you do the following :- Check in the AVG control pannel to clean up the quarantaine folder.If that doesn't work:- Start your PC in safe mode , and then try to run AVG in safe mode maybe then it will clean it up.- Otherwise use explorer go to the quarantaine folder on your PC and move the files to a temp directory.Try to reboot your PC and if there are no faults delete the files you placed in the temp directory.Use (shift) (delete) to delete then so that they don't get stored in the 'Recycled.bin'

Norton and or Mcfee will definately be the best way to go, if you go and buy a commercial software from the stores or even online, i think. I have had troubls with a tojan in the past, and the anti virus i had at the time was fixing the problem , but it would quarentine it , i guess its ok when it does this, by the way when its quarentine does it mean its just like highlighted and the trojan stil does what it does or does it actually stop the trojan and its process

Norton and or Mcfee will definately be the best way to go.

I had Norton for a while, but it seemed so bloated, I removed it.
I now run a full scan with AVG and Avast once a month. I also run a couple of anti spyware programs once a month.

I don't think viruses are much of a threat, as long as you don't download illegal stuff etc.

by the way when its quarentine does it mean its just like highlighted and the trojan stil does what it does or does it actually stop the trojan and its process

When it is in quarantine, the Trojan cannot harm your computer in any way.

i agree with most of the guys that have already posted, i used to have AVG installed here to "protect" the computer but it didnt delete everything. For those things that were unable to be deleted by the antivirus were forced to some of my best processes hehehe....Yep search in the registry and then locate every entry that has any of the particular words i searched to then delete the entry, this way you can ensure to avoid trojan installations or any of the wierd things that surf the net.Another security measure i took was to install Opera, i know i know many of the popular browsers such as FireFox, Mozila or even the IE has some features to install plugins so does Opera but the big difference i have noticed is that when entering to suspisious sites Opera keeps running very light in contrast to IE or (even) FireFox, Opera DOESNT install anything and what?s more doesn?t run maliscious JS code, with this is more than enough to surf safely the net and of course avoid any unsolicited plugin.I hope this had been a helpful hint

Thanks for the advice everyone. I thought I was supposed to leave things in quarentine, but wasn't sure. About the runnning processes, I have alot of them. Problem is, I don't know what to stop and what to leave running. Some of them look weird, but I'm worried about stopping something important. Like csrss.exe and smss.exe and lsass.exe. Those are just 3 of many. I don't know what they are or what to do with them. Is there some place to look up these processes, or should I ask what they are here?