xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Feel When You Got Gmail? Share it here

How did you feel when you got GMail?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I got the invitatation from Google that faithful day, I was really happy - all those weeks of waiting paid off. I got used to the new interface resonably quickly, and started using Gmail full time, only checking my Hotmail once in a while, just to keep it alive (that account has since been migrated to Windows Live Mail). O love Gmail and I will use it for as long as it exists.

Very nice idea for a topic to be honest, strange that no-one thought about making a topic like this :DI traded an animated signature and avatar for a gmail invite, and I was very happy to receive one. I knew no-one on school who had a gmail account at that time, and I shared a lot of gmail invites with my friends. The space and features of google mail are wonderfull, and I'm actively using my account.I recently got gmail for your domain, which I used for my clansite and its members, they enjoy using it very much. Google rocks for releasing these kind of tools to the public for free.

When I got the invitatation from Google that faithful day, I was really happy - all those weeks of waiting paid off. I got used to the new interface resonably quickly, and started using Gmail full time, only checking my Hotmail once in a while, just to keep it alive (that account has since been migrated to Windows Live Mail). O love Gmail and I will use it for as long as it exists.

Yea, same as me... I port over all my email stuff and change all my email in all forum to my gmail account, and even my msn email has change over to gmail! I use gmail all the time and even get my live messenger to inform me when i receive an email in my gmail account! I too have change my hotmail account to Windows Live Mail, with a attracting 2000MB of storage space, which i keep that email alive too, to experience and use as a login to all Microsoft products... However, I do not receive much email in my hotmail account cause ppl rarely know that account anymore(its been near 2 years since i change to gmail!)... Gmail is really good, and it beats Live Mail, since Live Mail has been always loading slow for me because of its huge interfaces spaces which lose to Gmail with a better loading speed, and an interactive email account...

Heh, basically I was really excited about it and told most people, I just get too much surprised with this stuff. >_>Anyways, GMail rocks. I don't even have to state it. No other service gave me the same or similar features. But now I have 3 e-mail addresses; I don't tget that used and it's difficult to handle. xD

Gmail is the best thing happened to me!!! Two and a half gigs of storage... It was hard to get an account, but now I have one I am happiest in the World. It's not just gmail, all google things are cool, it is my favorite search engine, my favorite web mail system, my favorite chat system, so what can I say... Google is the best...

Well I received my account very late (this month) so all the good addresses were gone like the wind. With a lot of storage I felt ok with it and it's nice to have a short domain like gmail.com :P

Its really feeling nice now, when I hane also a Gmail AccountHere's mine feelings when I got a invitation of Gmail. Firstly I was very confused about how to made a Gmail account, but soon I knew that I required a Gmail invitation from existing Gmail user. I requested many one and finally I gat one Gmail invitation and without wasting a second I made my Gmail account. Its whole a new experience. The most good thing that i liked is its fastness ant the stylish look. Now I feel so much of proud of having a Gmail account and I make its mine Default Gmail account. Its invitation giving syatem makes it different from other mail providers. I now feel very good when others come to me and requesting for the Gmail account. :P

I think reading too much into things past will not let anything to be born or create in the future. If we're so hung up about "what could have been done differently to prevent it..." we're playing mindless blaming games and refusing to move forward.

I had 2 Gmail accounts, but the first one is inactive. I got my first GMail account from an invite, there was this guy giving out free invites, so I just gave him my email address and viola! I had a GMail account, I wasn't really that excited, I just wanted to try out GMail to see how it is like. But Hotmail was still primarily my main email account, now I use the GMail for official business, Hotmail is for my thrash (haha). I signed up for my 2nd GMail account because I wanted a new Email address, I registered and Google sent the details to my mobile. On the whole, I am not all that excited about a new Email maybe because I don't use it much except for messenging in MSN.

I was really happy, proud and excited. New mails always excite me(im a freak, i know :( ).Still almost none of my friends have Gmail. I dont use it for MSN Messenger which I could have instead of having the Hotmail account as extra weight, but I like it the way it is right now and dont want to change my way. I got an invitation by a friend(no Google here, no). Must have been cool getting a invitation straight from Google. Makes you special doesn't it :P:(

well it was a little difficult to get my gmail since i dint have any friends with it but i actually got it by sending that message to the cell phone i felt really good getting gmail specialy because they offer the POP3 AND SMTP so i was able to open my email on Microsoft Outlook making it faster and esyer to read and reply my messages i love gmail