xisto Community
delivi

How Did You Feel When You Got Gmail? Share it here

How did you feel when you got GMail?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Can't quite remember exactly when I received my first Gmail invite...somtime in early 1994, I think. I was glad to finally get an account though, and I've always used it as my primary account. In fact I have two - one for work-related/resume purposes and one for personal use. By the way, you guys ever saw their April Fool's joke this year?

Can't quite remember exactly when I received my first Gmail invite...somtime in early 1994, I think.

Oops 1994!!

Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brinthey first met as Stanford University graduate students in computer science in 1995. Then how come you get Gmail in 1994 :lol:

GMail wa launched for public beta testing in April 1st, 2004.

Yeah i was happy when i recieved my gmail invite but not really that excitied. What i mean by that is i was happy to get a better mail service but thats all it did for me, its not like it handed a million dollars over to me. I dont know how happy someone could actually get over getting a new email service. Maybe because it was an invite only, but really you could search on GOOGLE for gmail invites and there were hundreds of people handing them out you could easily get one in a day or two. It seems like as of right now though i dont think much about gmail anymore, the space is really the best thing about it. I dont see any really good features that stand out and make me like it more than the others. I use it for the space mostly, also it does have a really good spam filter i will give them that.

Big space and all but I find logging into my gmail takes a long time and the layout isn't as user friendly as I thought it was suppose to be. With yahoo and hotmail(yuck!) coming up with bigger space, I rather go for yahoo instead.

I guess you could say that I wasn't that excited. I wanted it at first because it was something I couldn't have (greedy, I know) but didn't know anyone who had it so I couldn't get excited. About two weeks later I go check it out again and they opened registration for it, so I finally got one, but it wasn't as special anymore.

Man when I heard Google was starting an email service, I immediately searched google and kept on searching till i found Gmail after several days. But it was only by invitation. So again I waited and waited till at last a friend somehow got an invite and sent me one. Ever since my world has not been the same. I never have to delete my mails again and I don't have to worry about spam . Gmail takes care of it. The ads have never bothered me. And when I discovered the pop3 functionality, it was the end of using my browser to check my mail. Gmail since then has continued to improve and grow in size and continues to be unbeatable. Perhaps the reason why a survey found people who use Gmail are younger , have better sex and are usually cooler.

I use both Gmail and Yahoo!, and honestly, I perfer Yahoo Mail over gmail. For you US users, gmail is the better option if you're looking for more storage and free POPing of your mail. But other then that, I don't see any advantages over Yahoo! Mail.The Yahoo! Mail has a better look and feel to their interface, the google one is basic(reason is loads faster). You have folders in Yahoo Mail, Gmail uses Labels, which clutters your inbox.I just find the Yahoo! Mail is more organized, better looking, and more user friendly regarding customization of colors, avatars, etc. I'm going to be a Yahoo! Mail user forever, and my gmail account is there for other reasons, but will never be my main one

I was invited to Google Mail just one short month ago and I don't regret it. It's just awesome. It looks brill, it's so organised, and the storage space is always increasing. So I voted "All Of The Above"!

Ah, I miss when GMail accounts were rare. Invites were scarce. Other email providers were crap. Et cetera.I was extremely happy where I received my invite. Though, I used a website that generated invitation codes. :) I doubt that's illegal, because this is a free provider were talking about here. It's not illegal...right? :)

Gmail is fast loading and don't take so much resources .plus it can be configured with outlook express that's why i'm using it

I think google made us all feel "special" when getting a Gmail account because of how secluded (not really) they made it feel. The invite system made me fee like I was the only one with Gmail... But soon I found out exactly how many people had one :)

Gmail was better than my ISP email which was what I was using before switching, but I couldn't help but thinking after finding out how many people used it, that I was just "conforming to the masses" I still use gmail as my primary email address, and i do like the space it provides me :)

GMail is GREAT. I can receive (not forward) all of my other mail on my gmail account. this is important because I can use my old personal email, my school email, my business email and my gmail all in one. It also shows up very nicely on mobile phones. I don't always have access to a computer, but I need to check my email, so it's really nice when I can check my email on the road from my phone. Just about unlimited storage isn't bad, either. My favorite part is google docs. I would type up all of my lectures in google docs and then you can share and collaborate with others. It came in really useful in my government lecture when we would review. I would type the lectures as my friends would type the reviews. Google really does know what they're doing, I'd be lost without gmail anymore.