xisto Community
DogEater008

Megaupload Reduced Their Download Limit Again! [resolved]

What I don?t know is how these sites are still up. I mean, let?s face it, most users of this websites use them to share commercial files, there are lot of music albums in megaupload, rapidshare, sendspace, etc. I can?t understand how nobody try to close them. There are lost of forums in which all you have to do is ask for an album and somebody puts it in 5 minutes for you and others to download. It?s even replacing p2ps at some point... not completely but it?s still relevant.

I really liked megaupload. But yea the file limit going to 250mb is kind of low. But the good thing is that they increased their dowload speed. But you can allways spit something if it doesnt fit. But most things wont need more than 250mb and if it any bigger it is gonna take a really long time to download it.

hmm.. i can't find the post i made last time. .HMMMM.. .well.. it was about how to suck the juice out of megaupload by using internet explore and using a download manager to "by-pass" their bandwidth limitation system. It works most of the time, but after you download like 1gb, they start to catch up. .lol

i never use megaupload, i cant stand waiting for a download lol. too impatient, i prefer sendspace and gigashare which have no wait time. i only ever use these services to download weekly manga chapters so file size hasn't really been a problem for me. i download my bigger downloads via bittorrent or irc. they're much faster overall.megaupload has become rather popular though. its hard to maintain such a widely used service for free. at the start they might've been able to support it, but as the amount of users grow so does bandwidth. bandwidth is not cheap, especially the amount a download site like this goes through. keeping a service like this free is extremely difficult, cut downs like this are sure to take place. it may mean less users will use their service, but that cuts them some slack bandwidth wise too. it's like a double edge sword. i don't think you should be flaming them for it. it's not such an easy task to provide so much bandwidth to so many people.

I always use Rapidshare for all my downloading needs. I haven't used Megaupload in a very long time. I was reading about Trap 17 making one of those, I am up for coding one, but the thing is, it will cost a lot of bandwidth, and I doubt it's not in anyone's budget. I think the chances of getting one is very slim. It must cost a lot of money for one and I doubt we will get all the money back, well we might, we'll see ;). http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ;)

I think that megaupload bites the dust compared to the MEGA - Rapidshare (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/). I always catch my maximum speed using rapidshare's servers (2mbps) and the servers have everything you'd ever want (nothing illegal of course ;))...Still, I think Xisto file upload service would fail, especially because of the competition....You can't expect them to win a battle against corporations that have been so much established.

I'm pretty sick of sites like megaupload and rapidshare especially who offer a decent service and then just get increasingly greedier as they become more popular. As they expand they should become more efficient and theoretically be able to improve limits. But now that they feel like they are peaking, it seems like they are trying to limit spending as much as possible.

Megaupload has never really been a very good service, and to be honest, judging by what I've heard and seen of the site, I find it untrustworthy.

I disagree with you. I also prefered them over Rapidshare and I found those two services were the main competition at one point. I found it was easier and quicker to download and seeing as I guess I only used them periodically to download maybe a 100mb file I was never effected.

If they are having troubled with bandwidth, I believe they should use more advertisements instead of decreasing the amount of downloads you can use. If you are download 250MB from them within a matter of 5-6 hours you should really upgrade to a premium account anyway. You can;t expect to download the whole internet for free...bandwidth does cost money and you should be thankful these services are available or you would still be searching/downloading from P2P programs/torrents at a much slower rate.

I personally don't like megaupload and I have never grown very found of it in any matter. But if you check out there are so many other such services some are better and some are worste then the mega upload itself I liek fileho they offer one click downloads and amost limitless in size and you don't have to wait so much time likwise if you compare it iwith the megaupload however on the other hand if you check out rapidshare they limit their uypload size to less then 100 Mb and that is not much in th etime when there are so many files larger then this size if you check out any divex movie is larger and you have to download seven files and when you do to the fileho you have one click downoad adn you download every divx movie without any torouble then you have to wiat a bit and then you may download again but if you check out rapid share theeere you have to wait for each part and this thing can prolong itself almost indefenetily so that all joy in movie is lost. I agree these services are expensive and they have to pay a lot of money for storage facilities and server farms clusters bandwidth good connection adn so on. But they could offer a bit more. I wouldn'y have in mind seeing many advertising if that would make them better but I hate when I have to wait so much. ON the other hand there are are better sevices then both some even support server to server downloading this service just astoned me however I avhe't had a lot of time to test it recently so if anyone would like to test it and write some review then it would be kinda cool. This service is named humyo and if you type that in google it will offer you first result. So check it out. Good luc.

It doesn't surprise me that megaupload is doing things like this because of the fact that they are popular, and they know they won't lose bussiness because a lot of documents and other things are there that people want, so they can do that just to make money off of premium accounts...just the way things work.

I don't really use Megaupload to be honest, I find Rapidshare is a lot quicker and better in the fact that I use the Premium link generator websites found on the internet. These generate a direct download link to the file instead of waiting for a pointless download ticket to be reserved in order to actually download the file and you get the premium download speed. The other day I bought a premium account so I could download these large files which were split up into several files. If you are using Megaupload, I would Google some sort of premium link generator or even buy a subscription to it, if you are downloading a lot through it, if not use a link generator.

Edited by GodFather (see edit history)

I used to love megaupload. i would take it over rapidshare any day of my life. i hate rapidshare soooooooo much, i dont know why, but i do. Megaupload was amazing, but then they reduce, and reduce and now were at rapidshare being the choice site, come on mega. bring it back !!!!!!!!!!!