xisto Community
OpaQue

My Best Friend (derek Alain) Had An Accident

He is no more... :-(

i have not been online that much and missed this piece of news. we feel your loss of a friend, opaque. let's just remember him for his life and the best of times he shared with his friends and family.

OMD,This so reminds me of my uncle. He went out riding on his motorbike and had an accident...He wasn't wearing a helmet!! We were just at home and his wife gave us a call and told us everything, so my mum and dad ran it to the hospital and the doctor said my uncle is in a coma. He didn't gain consciencness for like 3 weeks and when he did, he couldn't remember anything. not even his name!! Now he only remembers a few things but not much..he never even knew who my dad was (his brother).Sorry about what happened to your best friend, obviously his calamity is much worser than my uncle's. Good Luck! :)

Im sorry but if they guy was 1. not wearing a helmut2. not being somewhat cautionsand why was he riding in pouring rain... so i do have to say he was an idiot...(UNLESS he was doing these and the car hit him hard then i take back EVEYTHING above besides the riding in the rain)anyways im sorry for the loss keep your self strong is all i can say to you

Thanks for your consern Trevor. At the moment, I don't think anyone is really think about the helmet. I think we're all praying for them now..I'm sorry I didn't reply to this...I'm not very good at "expressing" myself...now that I hear he passed I wish I had replyed sooner.Please don't think I'm a cold person, because trust me, right now I'm very shaken up...I've lost grandparents before..but I knew it was there time, I've never have had to even hear about a family member in this kind of trauma..I'm very sorry for your loss Opaque, You will always be in my thoughts and I will never forget this, I'll be hoping for your well-being and your friends as well. I'm sure derek is in a better place now. I just hope the families, as well as you find a way to cope with this loss, derek was a very dear person to you and it's never easy to lose a special person in your life.

Thats very bad news to hear. I always hate it when hearing news like that. I suppose that accidents are going to happen and some people have to come off worse. It is unfortunate about the gum, although you weren't to know, The accident may have been worse if you hadn't given him the gum, for example, he may have cycled slightly slower, avoiding the most of the grunt of the accident. I wouldn't blame yourself, as it could just as easily have been someone else.Rest in peace Derek.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

So, I think that clicking that link was an error...I am sad. That guy died 21-08-06, right?...I was partying my thirteen years that day. 21 August is my birthday. So, when I was having a great time, another guy on this world was dying.I feel bad. I never lost a friend and I'd never want to lose one.OpaQue, I am sorry for you.Hats off to Derek.

Man, I feel your pain. And dont think that "Oh he doesnt know what he is talking about, no one can truly feel my pain" When i was 8 years old my mom died in a tornado. I held her shaking hand as she died. I only remember screaming loudly thinking she was just sleeping. But sorry that had to happen to you. I can only imagine what it must have been like seeing him like that. You'll get through it, it time, dont worry.

Dear Shridhar,sometimes, we might not be able to explain why god takes away such a beautiful life. Please dont blame youself for what had happened, you are not reponsible for anything at all.There are things that you can control, and there are things just beyond our control. I guess we just have to accept it. Please don't lost faith and we have to believe that where ever Derek is at this moment, he would be well look after because he deserved it.As for you, these are the things that you can control- Yes, your life will never be the same without him, and Yes, You can feel sad and angry but No, you can't give up. I don't know whether Derek have any other brother and sister but if he don't, it would be very nice of you ifyou can pop in to check out his parents once a while.Please live your life to the full as the way Derek will want you to live. Do all the stuffs that you wanted to do. You have a choice but Derek don't.Derek put up a good fight for his life and you should too!Please be positive and take good care of yourself... may god be with you both.... sincerely

:) that is really sad,i'm sorry to know that. i will pray for him,of course,i believe that with positive energy from every one he will recover. and as for you,i know it should be really hard and you must fell very bad but try to be strong and try to have positive thinking,he will need your straingth. i wish the best to your friend and i'm sure he will be fine.

really sorry to here that.