xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burnego

Do You Like Water? - youd better like it

I read somewhere (I think it was a Carl Sagan book) that the developing baby in the uterus is suspended in a solution believed to be similar to the primordial sea where all life comes from. Its kind of an interesting observation.

I don't drink very much water... And I am a sissy when it comes to oceans and stuff (no way I'm letting a shark or Loch Ness Monster eat me, screw that dude!), so I was too chicken to finish my swimming lessons. So, no, I can't say that I really like water all that much. :D I think I must have drowned in a previous life... stupid water. :lol: Just the thought of dark water scares the crap out of me. Water = Scary ^_^

Wow...

So what do you drink? Mercury? Because you pretty much have to drink lots of water to survive. Even if it's not plan water, than it's a drink that contains a ton of water.

Water , I drink like few cups a day but I don't understand the difference with bottled water and tap they both look the same how are they different , the bottled is purified but it taste exactly the same as tap were I live at(The Rockies)

Well, depending on where you live, there might be some health risks involved with tap water. I've heard of some people having digestion problems and whatnot because of the chemicals in tap water. But again, it depends on where you live because different locations have different water facilities. Down here in florida, the tap water is perfectly fine. And even if it wasn't, you can install some kind of filter to your faucet that purifies the water.

Wow...
So what do you drink? Mercury? Because you pretty much have to drink lots of water to survive. Even if it's not plan water, than it's a drink that contains a ton of water.

Of course I drink stuff with a lot of water in it, but I don't drink a ton of "regular" water :lol: I'm a live, so I guess I get enough in me ^_^

You definitely can taste a difference in the taste of water depending where it is from and whether or not it tap or bottled. When i travel, you can tell that their tap water tastes quite different because of the minerals that are in the water from the pipes and from where it comes from. As for bottled water, you can tell a difference because some are filtered more than others and they also tend to come from different springs.

I like Canada's water because it's fresh from the tap. However, that can sometimes be a problem, since they don't filter it really well as people assume it's just clean by default. Then, when it rains a lot, the water might be a little colored :lol:

Phoenix has great tap. I drink more of it then bottled water, it just tastes good. I really hope you all like water. Not because "You need it to live", but because most of your body is made up of water.I like Fiji bottled water, it tastes really good. Other water..ionno, seems a little "dirty". A lot of places put minerals in there water, and I don't like that.

I'm going through a bit of a health craze at the moment but unfortunately I really can't chug down water and enjoy it unless I'm either:a. sick with the flub. parched from a very hot day c. knackered after some exercise so i'm compensating by drinking 1 litre odd of green tea a day supplemented with some forced water drinking made easier with some apple cordial. but the green tea is great, it's killing two birds with one stone- catechins + h2o = mega metabolism.

An early post mentioned that a large percentage of the human body is water - I think that it's important to remember this when you exercise. If you want to build muscle after a strenuous exercise routine, for example, you have to not only take in protien but also a great deal of water - you have to not only replace the water you lost in sweat, but also take in enough so the body can build and repair muscle.

As for different tasting waters - I wouldn't be surprised if mineral water companies put some mild additive into the water to make it taste a little different. Well, it's just a shot in the dark, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

The best water I ever tasted was from a glacial mountain stream - cold, clean, clear as crystal and totally refreshing.

I love water, its my favourite drink. I think people don't honestly drink enough of it, they tend to go for the soda (especially), or alcohol, or occasionally juice instead of water. My body runs differently if i dont have enough water. I know people who NEVER drink water and i always wonder how they can even live like that because if i dont have at least one bottle of water per day i feel really sick, but i guess maybe because they never drink it, they dont know how the body should feel when its properly hydrated? If i am actually a little dehydrated though, i will drink a powerade or propel gatorade because they will hydrate me faster, but with them i will drink water too. I also agree that water doesn't taste the same, for example i HATE arrowhead i think it tastes like dirt i much prefer Dasani, Aquafina, Kirkland, or Deja Blue. I also hate drinking water in glasses, but that isn't the point, and i think faucet water in the bathroom tastes better then in the kitchen sink.

My body runs differently if i dont have enough water.

Yeah, I know what you mean - I feel sluggish, I lack energy, if I'm dehydrated. A certain amount of water is a must.

I need water and also drink water (duh)But I think air is more important.without air, earth is just like other planets, alone. Staying unanimated.But air is what makes us live, and is more important than water.without water, we will die.But without air, we will die instantly.The whole earth will collapse, nothing will survive.And without good fresh air, we would'nt be here today too.Because good air is what makes us strong.Qi Gong uses good air to power. And without good air, we will have opposite energy of people who uses Qi Gong or other kung fu.Air is still more important, but I still recommend people to normally drink pure water instead of alchohol or gas drinks.

Edited by quakesand (see edit history)

This post reminded me of my school life, where we had an essay in our English book titled "Water the Elixir of Life" !!! Water is one of the cheapest yet most useful resource available on earth , slightly behing air , i guess ...

Hey pplOk, i agree with you guys, you do need water to stay alive to drink. And more then 80% of your body is made up of water...But drinking water isn't the only good thing that comes of it. Water is great to look at, making water falls with it, and so on.Swimming in water is the best tho. I train a lot for swimming, and i love it, the way the sun reflects off it and going to the beach, taking waves. It all rocks!!!Two thumbs up 4 water!!! :lol:^_^