xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Dell Laptop Explodes - Leads To Major Recall

ha...or not... it could have been you.Yeah, heard about this while I was on vacation... luckily my laptop isn't one of the ones that got recalled...They should really make sure everything is safety tested before it leaves the factory...

That is pretty scary but very amuzsing and funny in a way. IMO i thought iot would be some other computer company not a dell.. Kinda makes me angry cause dell's re the best PC's lol.

And the funny thing is that my school just purchased like a ton of Dell 600m laptops last year and this is going to be the second year using them. A damn apple iBook of mine in the middle of class start smoking and made a hissing sound, I can get picturese of those soon if anybody wants them. It literally melted part of the keyboard and the inside was all fryed out.

Scary stuff indeed. I remember my earlier post for this thread was marked with skepticism but after hearing the recall on the news and seeing it in the paper again today, this really isn't something to be taken lightly of.Anyway for those of us Dell laptop owners, be sure to check out this website to see if your battery qualifies for a recall... or in other words, your battery is at risk of short circuiting and erupting into flames in front of your very eyes.https://www.dellproduct.com
Hope not too many of you are affected.

wow.. my dad is working with dell laptops and have one at our house.. damm maybe it will explode at night.. I think ill tell him to throw it out lol <_<...

I have seen this in the news in my city. Dell is now recalling the battery. The news report said that they may be the largest case of battery recall in history. Of course, i am not at all interested in whether this will become history, as history always change. But I am puzzled when the news report said that those batteries are produced by Sony. I thought Sony is so big a company and will some many experience with miniature batteries, such an incident should not have occurred. I remember that my first Li battery was one from my MD walkman, produced by Sony in Japan about 10 years ago. Sony might have moved its plant to third world countries, causing the deterioration in standards and quality. But I think this will definitely be Sony?s largest scandal if those batteries are really from them.

Its funny, this was recently on the news and they've only just started recalling them. The topic was started a month and a bit ago, think of the hazard <_<

Yeh Ive noticed those exploding stories and laughed myself at em and was like "wow, thatd suck"... then they kept happening, and dell announced a recall on their batteries. They have a whole site for it and everything, I went there, pulled out my battery, followed the guide (very easy guide) and it slowly has you check various parts of the battery (model, made in, etc) before you actually enter the full serial number of your battery to check to see if its bad.So I entered my serial number (cause everything else pointed to a bad battery) and it said i was good... then i was like "hmm.. is that a O or a 0?" So i switched all of them, and oops, hah, my battery is bad... (and to confirm it, it showed my computers serial number as the one that was linked to that battery)... So if you got a 0 or a O, make sure to check both <_< i think they are 0 (zeros) though, not O (o)Anyways, my new battery should arrive tomarrow actually :P according to ups. what was nice is, if your battery is recalled, its a very easy form to fill out, just name, address, phone number, and hit send. no other annoying extras and pains.

I just checked mine at that site. Luckily mine is ok although it seems to overheat alot. For those who wish to use the link go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and you can check out your serial and what not there. I have to check the other laptops my family has, we have 4 Dells in the house that are laptops so I gotta check the other three.

lol, poor laptop, oh well my laptop isn't on that list, thanx god <_< but if it was, oh well jsut get the battery replaced and if be good as newgood fine there, ive heard somewhere that the batery recall has to do with an exploding laptop somewhere, because my grandma kept saying i need to lift her laptop up and cool the bottom because she doesn't want it to blow up someday :P but i keep telling her its not her brand.... but oh wellocne again, good find!!hehe, but you can count my parents laptops in as two batteries they are going to be sending out again :D because i just looked and theirs is on it B)

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Ouch indeed, i won't buy their laptop for sure, but then, i can not even imagine how this happened, but it occurs me a couple of thoughts, for instance:The company plans to blow up hackers and crackers! He he heThe company does not know what a computer is made of, if knew, it wouldn't have exploded!The competitors did this in order to get away with the competition.I think the 3rd choice is more on what i really beleave!

the thing with this story is that it is defaming dell.the component (batteries) which are causing the fires or explosions or whatever is not manufactured by dell. the batteries are manufactured by another company. it is only the fact that these batteries are a part of dells laptops that they are to blame.you can only blame dell to the extent that this is the battery company they chose.not for dodgy work or labouring.by the way i am not a dell employee <_<

Wow, that totally influences my choice of laptop I wanted to buy, Dell was one of my choices but now I will think 3 times over before I will get that one. But hasnt this happened before with a mobile from Nokia? That was so weird, and it also makes you think about what if it happends to me? But ofcourse this can happen to everything, its not that I have to worry about the whole Dell company and his quality, actually that is *BLEEP* , Ill still leave Dell one of my first choices to buy a laptop. Especially when I see classmates having those, and throw around with it, let it fall ou of their hands, and it still works! It has to be from good quality

I have never heard of a laptop exploding bt now i think im scared. My mu has recently bought a dell laptop and im justhoping that one does ot go up in flames or anything. Im definately not buying a dell laptop i think i might go for a different brand and check that they have never had a case of exploding batteries!