xisto Community
scab_dog

Nintendo Wii Your opinion about nintendos new console?

The Wii should have kept the name Revolution for it was an awesome name and explained everything about it....it simply revolutionized the way we think of playing video games. I can't say I know first hand wat the graphics look like, but they are at least decent...I'm sure the farther from release date....the better the graphics will be. Just look at Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii version), even though it took a LONG time (i mean REALLY LONG), it truly delivers even if ur not a zelda fan. The whole fishing thing has a realistic feel to it...just like the Wii sports game which has golf, baseball, tennis, and others with up to 4-ppl multiplayer (no word yet on an online multiplayer). That's another thing....it has online capabilities to allow online multiplayer, WiiConnect24 (the online gaming store to download old games from NES, SNES, N64, etc.)(also gives updates, perphaps more maps for games like COD 3 online and other stuff), and can allow web browsing (also has email). You can also play GCN games straight to the Wii with the GCN game disk (and can put in GCN memory cards for your GCN games, or put them into the Wii harddrive)(Wii may also have memory cards for additional memory). It's pretty small too, only the size of 3 stacked DVD cases and you can choose how to customize it with chooseable neon strips. The controllers are supposedly wireless, but a reliable source has also told me that there will be wired controllers (so u don't waste money on batteries, but the wire ruins the whole feel of the Wii experience). It should come out anywhere between early October to Mid-Novemeber, but definetly this Fall (unforetunetly, since there's no official release date...u can't pre-order them :D ). Well, if u have anymore quesitons...I'm putting the gaming specs on the bottom of this post.Approximately the size of three stacked DVD cases, Wii's elegant design makes it an inviting addition to your entertainment setup without monopolizing it. Thanks to the Wii Remote, you're given more freedom to place the console where it best suits your lifestyle. Controls: Intuitive control for anyone using the physical motion of the main Wii Remote, which resembles a television remote control. Up to four Wii Remotes can be connected at once using wireless Bluetooth technology. The wireless signal can be detected within 10 meters of the console. Both the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers include a three-axis motion sensor. The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 meters of the screen. The Wii Remote has a power switch, plus pad, A, B, Minus, Home, 1 and 2 buttons. The Nunchuk controller includes an analog control stick and C and Z buttons.The Look: Wii features a compact design that will make it a natural addition to any television setup. It can be displayed either vertically or horizontally.Media: A single self-loading media bay will play single- or double-layered 12-centimeter optical discs for Wii, as well as 8-centimeter Nintendo GameCube discs.Communication: Wii can communicate with the Internet even when the power is turned off. This WiiConnect24 service delivers a new surprise or game update, even if users do not play with Wii. Users can connect wirelessly using IEEE 802.11b/g, or with a USB 2.0 LAN adaptor. Wii also can communicate wirelessly with Nintendo DS.Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.The Specs: Wii boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi capability. A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory. Design was optimized with state-of-the-art processing technologies that minimize power consumption, keep the console compact and enable the "sleepless" WiiConnect24 mode.CPU: PowerPC CPU (code-named "Broadway"). Made with a 90 nm SOI CMOS process, jointly developed with and manufactured by IBM.Graphics Processing Unit: Being developed with ATI.Other Features: Four ports for classic Nintendo GameCube controllers. Two slots for Nintendo GameCube Memory Cards. An AV Multi-output port for component, composite or S-video.Games are many things to different people. Some see games as gateways to an unknown universe while others see them as extensions of the world around them. Nintendo created Wii to fit everyone's ideal break away from the everyday. The wireless, freehand Wii Remote not only makes games easy to play, it makes them more fun than ever before. Accentuating the sense of touch in the game lets you feel the heat of emotion with each movement. Because up to four players can grab a Wii Remote and play, there's always a party ready to happen with Wii!The Wii Remote frees you from cords and excessive, complicated buttons without sacrificing gameplay depth. The motion sensors contained within the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk controller add totally new interactions to existing games while opening doors for new genres. Wii makes your senses come alive! Wireless and motion-sensitive, the Wii Remote offers an intuitive, natural way to play games. The ergonomic controller plays into the conventional motions you make everyday. When you hit a drum, swing a tennis racket or swing a bat: Why should you have to press a button to replicate these things? With the Wii Remote, you can use everyday motions to help make you the center of the game. Nintendo designed the Wii Remote to be the most multifaceted gaming device ever. It can be a sword in one game and then a steering wheel for racing games. It's your paintbrush, your golf club, your airplane, but most of all, it's your key to unlocking a world of fun you've never imagined. Connect the Nunchuk controller to the Wii Remote and get ready. You've just begun a journey into the most immersive, heated gameplay experience ever offered. This combo offers the utmost precision. They're your sword and shield to defend Hyrule in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. They're your weapons to blast your way through the harried world of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption and the gritty underworld of Red Steel. The Nunchuk controller and the accelerometer contained within it are the next leap in gaming. In first-person shooters, the controller carries the burden of movement, freeing you to aim and fire using a more natural motion with the Wii Remote. In a football game, you can make your quarterback elusive with the Nunchuk controller while you look for an open receiver to throw to using the Wii Remote. CPU IBM Broadway 729MHz Internal Storage 512MB Flash Memory GPU ATI Hollywood Optical Disc Drive 8cm GameCube/12cm Wii Supported Resolution up to 480p 12cm Disc Capacity 4.7GB (single) / 8.5GB (dual) System Memory Unknown Memory Expansion 2 SD Memory Wii Controller Ports Wireless (4 minimum) Internet Connectivity WiFi 802.11b/g GameCube Controller Ports 4 Ports Disc Compatibility GameCube GameCube Memory Expansion 2 Ports Downloadable Content NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbo Grafx USB 2.0 2 Ports ? 2006 Nintendo. Game trademarks and copyrights are property of their respective owners. TM and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo. Nintendo of America Inc. Headquarters are in Redmond, Washington.

Edited by DarkPsycho (see edit history)

I really spend all my money on other things, though deep inside Im still a hard core gamer. I really think the nintendo wi (what a horrible name, I still think revolution is better) is going to be a fun console. I probably wont have time to look at the graphics much and I probably wont get a hi definition tv soon, so I really wouldnt care about the other consoles which almost cost as much as I would like to spend in some of my other hobbies like recording music etc. I really like the idea of being able to play those old games I grew up with. Fun over graphics is definitely been the best and most logical idea I have ever heard of. Look at the pc games. Most people dont play newer games because their pc will probably not run them, or they will have to invest on new gfx card and sometimes a new processor. and if they play them, I bet not a lot of people run the games with 100% of the games graphics capability. Faster framerate is more important, graphics come second. What would be the point of playing a really boring game that has awesome graphics?

i am a video game lover and i only go for the best, the new nintendo is awesome i was browsing a website and i pounced up on some info about the Wii and was impressed by the way how they categorised it in description, i like its feature also, so i have decided to get one for my self.

Defiently really cool. But still after a few months they are still very hard to find. I have never seen one for sale yet. I hope in the next month or 2 they become easier to find. I really want to try it.

Are they that hard to find? I swear I've seen quite a few in the shops - out of the three next generation consoles the Wii's have been relatively well stocked (so I've heard, anyway). I believed people had more trouble getting the Xbox 360 after launch.A lot of my friends didn't pre-order but managed to get it a day or two after launch, which indicated how readily available they were (to me).

The wii has some pro's and some cons. Yes it is chepaer than PS3 but the graphics are not as good. Only good thing is that you can waft some controler and smash some of your parents pots with it. It comes with a game called Wii Sports, it is all right, not the best. As you can see I am not the best Nintendo fan in the world and I quite dislike there products. I find the Wii something what a 3 year old would like, and class it as a toy and not a gaming machine. Well that is my opinion.

Personally I think the Wii is a great invention...it solves the becoming-obese-by-sitting-on-the-sofa-all-day-playing-video-games problem while making TV sellers and house repairs people get rich...seriously someone should do a survey on how many TVs were broken after the sale of Wii...

Everyone i know that has a wii likes it. You can't really compare it to the Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 because instead of trying to compete with everyone graphics wise it offers something both consoles dont which is the whole movement thing. I guess if you getting tired of the same old controller console type thing the wii would be a really good choice to get. I have both the playstation 3 and the Xbox 360 and the Xbox 360 is definately the better console. Some games on the playstation 3 have very pixely edges on buildings and characters in the game. No i dont have a cheap tv, we have 5 LCD HDTVs in our house and its like that on all of them... Online for the Xbox 360 is way better also so its really no competition between the two.I havent got to play the nintendo wii yet but Im sure I will end up buying it sooner or later. I kinda think the whole moving around stuff might get a little boring or tiring but guitar hero is fun as crap so maybe all the games for nintendo wii are too.

We have a Wii at my work, the "Office Wii". Today my two bosses, a colleague and me played the Wii Sport Tennis. As our office is equipped with a beamer we occupied all the space there is to do our strokes. I tell you that was real fun.Why do I tell you this? Well, reading this thread it came to my mind that the Wii has something neither the PS3 nor the XBox have: a real social aspect. It is unlikely to have a PS3 or XBox in your office and you competing in a video game against your boss, is it? Nintendo's Wii, imho, is a revolution of gaming. Something the PS2 started with its karaoke and quiz show games, but the ultimate perfection of social gaming is the Wii, because online gaming was yesterday!

Yeah hehe, the remote jokes are funny as hell ;) Anyway, i think the wii is pretty good as a console. Although it doesn't have great value for money, i believe it has some good qualities such as its unique games. Its also classic in a new good kind of way. If you have neither ps2 or wii, i would recommend buying the wii first, as ps3 has a few major bugs to be fixed it seems.

Nintendo Wii: burning thousands of calories worldwide.I think the controller will interest a lot of different gaming crowds because it's so unique compaired to all the other consoles out there, especially the new ones (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.) I wonder if it actually is tiring playing it, since I have yet myself to try using the controller.