xisto Community
scab_dog

Nintendo Wii Your opinion about nintendos new console?

Nintendo has never been about making money or monopolizing the market. Nintendo is about fun, and that's what games should be about. Today's gamers are just like the rest of our pitiful society, too caught up in image to recognize beauty. The Wii will revolutionize the way we play games while the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 continue to make their games look pretty. Kudos to Nintendo for not conforming. You can take your Halo 3 and shove it, I'm gonna go play Metriod on my NES.

I'm most looking forward to the Wii. It might not pack the graphics like the PS3 nd XBOX360, but it isn't exactly low quality either. The new Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Project HAMMER, and Red Steel look amazing with the graphics.The control was the biggest dissapointment for me when the pictures of it got leaked. After seeing that its actually motion sensors in the DVD remote looking one, and a pointer in the other, my whole attitude changed. Bottom line is, this control will be a 3rd party game company magnet. The bulk of the developers who are working on Wii titles are ready and willing to continue making games for the Wii, which in turn will lead to more mature games.

I think that the console as a foundation is good but i think how good the console is depends on the game developers, i think that if develop use the functions and potential of the console, i have suspicions that there will not be many games using the unique functions of the wii. I think there might be alot of games using the normal 4 way directional buttons.

I love the look of the Wii and the gadgets for it is awsome. Though because of the game selection on it puts me down. Ofcousre if they hd some really good games (HALO, GTA) I would like to get one. Though i recomend this for people whole like arcade games which is not really me. Though it looks promising i dont know how it is going to effect the market!

The reason I think the Wii (although I think the Revolution was a way better name for it; I don't even like Wii much) is because they're trying something different with it. There's never been a controller that's actually been a remote control, and people will want to give it a try, and because of its low price compaired to the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360, most of us will be able to afford it. Also, there's never been a way to download all your Nintendo games and play them on one console, and the Wii is the only console that will do this.

I think the wii, will be awesome. The remote, and the fact that you can download some of the old games from the past nintendo consoles, like NES, SNES, N64...it just seems awesome to me. The controller seems pretty cool, and I cant wait to play that infront of my mom. She's gonna make fun of me, and Im gonna feel like an idiot, but I just want to hear her comments.Well, anyway. I think the console name describes what your going to feel like saying...."Whee!" Nintendo pays attention to the fun factor, not the flashy looks.

Nintendo Revolution was a much better name then Nintendo Wii. That name just embarrasses me, and I can't say why, because I've never played a game or console from which the mere name embarrased me.

Nintendo Wii is definately gonna own, though. Graphics aren't what's important about a game! It's THE GAME that's important about the game! And those other consoles are rip-offs anyway. As Justin put so well:

Nintendo has never been about making money or monopolizing the market. Nintendo is about fun, and that's what games should be about. Today's gamers are just like the rest of our pitiful society, too caught up in image to recognize beauty. The Wii will revolutionize the way we play games while the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3 continue to make their games look pretty. Kudos to Nintendo for not conforming. You can take your Halo 3 and shove it, I'm gonna go play Metriod on my NES.

Nintendo Wii will definately beat the others. I just hope they change the name!!! Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

graphics can only get so good before its unnoticable, 128 bits is actually very hard to see differently then 256 bits because they are both detailed to the pixels.. I like the Wii Style even though telling someone your gonna go to your room and play with your wii seems kindof embarrassing The wireless remote is conveinitent and the fact that it can play 7 generations of games is remarkable

Personally I am not a big nintendo fan. After N64 I was kind of done with it. And the concept of the newly designed control just isn't cutting it for me. I am sure it will be pretty cool to an extent but I like good old fashion controllers. Also (I am not sure on the Wii's specs) but I think Xbox360/PS3 will be much higher class. And also the games will probably be better for older kids on the Xbox360/PS3. Nintendo never really struck me as a console that would have those M rated games

I think it will be a good second console for kinda fun kinda gimmiky games, im sure there will be a few good games but i think their will be alot of dud games but that my opinion

A major feature of the Wii is the console's wireless controller, the Wii Remote which may be used as a handheld pointing device and can detect motion and rotation in three dimensions. The controller also contains a speaker and a rumbling device to provide sensory feedback. The console has a stand-by feature entitled WiiConnect24, enabling it to receive messages and updates over the Internet while consuming very little electrical power.

Why is wireless controllers for the Wii such a huge feature? They've been out for years now, and I'm sure that some 3rd party video game accessory companies are going to produce their own line of Wii remote controls and make it not as good as the original, for a high price. That's what they always do and if you buy the original remote that Nintendo offers, you pay HUGE.

I think it looks amazing, I can't wait to try it out. I put gameplay far above graphics so the Wii not being very powerful isn't too much of a drawback for me. If they made it as powerful as the competition then it would cost way more, something which would not make me too happy.

When I first heard that Nintendo had dropped Revolution in favour of Wii I laughed, thinking it sounded incredibly stupid. However, the name has grown on me and now I really like it.

It looks like it has a great line-up too, with Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption being at the top of my list.

In comparison to the XBOX360 and the PS3, the reason why I like the Wii is as follows:
01) Among the these consoles, the Wii is the most afforadable console, excluding the core packages of the XBOX630 and PS3.
02) Like the idea that we'll be able to download the classic games online to the Wii and isn't it also backwards compatible? (And, from what I understand it, or at least what was in the talks a couple months ago, some of these games will be/can be downloaded for free.)
03) The Wii. Doesn't the name just sound so damn cool?

it looks very interetsting, i love the controller and the look of teh console itself, ps3 probably did worse in this aspect.. loooks like crap. atleast they changed their controller back to normal though, that bomerang thing was aweful. the wii can still pack a good punch imo. it has all teh classic games everybody knows and loves. ;D