xisto Community
Nitefell

What If People All Saw Things Differently?

Another great sub category to this would be, Nightvision and how it induces our eyes to see in the dark through a green laser optical window. Infrared allows us to see other heated objects this was used in the movie predator and probably other movies. Rifle Scopes allows us to see up to 2x-16x away from where we are in a little crosshaired window to shoot your enemy. This is great technology that is made by the military and gun people. I dont understand how we can see things with the help of programs, objects, and not by our own will. Or for that most see through anything lol! I could have some fun with that.

I think you can get to know how someone see something by discribing it... but then again, if someone describes something yellow, you dont know if they see this as purple. But I dont think colors can be confused cause if you have the rainbow you can compare it. The rainbow is a combination of light soo if your eyes are normal, you should see the same, because I think thats not something you can see different in you opinion. I think thats just something you can't think differentley about, unless you eyes have a mind of their own. But then againg, the brain can have totally different working in some others mind... AAAhhh I don't know! hahah

does the different colors effect your sight

The answer to that one is no. The pupil is what does the "seeing", the outside (colored) wouldn't affect anything.

@Nani Cheri -- But you have to think outside the box. Sure you can compare things on the rainbow, but what if someone else's rainbow is in a completely different order than yours? You can have red orange yellow and someone else can have purple blue green. :)

Yep, this is a very interesting theory and one which I don't think we'll ever be able to answer.I agree with Paul's post above, it really is very similar to people who are colour blind. They tell you a colour is another colour, when really you think that colour is something completely different.It really is confusing stuff and is just another one of the mysteries of life.

I mean, what if someone sees you differently than what you see in your reflection? I know it's against common logic, but really? It can't be proven. What if the color pink looks like what you think black is? Everytime I think about this, I get headaches, but it is a crazy possibility. I honestly wonder about these things. Imagine, for a second, if people did see things differently, and you had the opportunity to see through their eyes? I can't even concieve what that would be like. Would you be shocked? Amused? Would you see colors you never thought could exist, animals you thought you knew? What about the people you knew? Would it totally change your opinion on someone your attracted to? That makes me think the mos, for you may find someone attractive, but your friend thinks less than that of them. What are your opinions on this? Do you think this is a possibility?

All people see things differently in most cases. There are a few or none the cases when people see the same things. We usually agree to something... To expand your color example lets say you see a color somewhere between green and blue like the colors of someone's eyes. I could say they are blue and the other could say they are green. It is the same color we see but the way our mind works may affect the outcome.
Almoust everything in life is based on past experience. Since you are a baby you haven't learned or have a definition or color blue for example. But you see blue and your mother said "That's blue!"... you took it for granted. She could have said it is green even if is it blue and you would have had to believe her since you had no past experience. So you see... what is blue for me could be green for the other. If we would have been raised by the same mother chances would be that we would see many things the same way. But since there are so many differences in our education... diferences in religion, wealth, etc. there is no way people could see things the same way.
In my opinion the theorie should be the other way around: What If People All Saw Things The Same Way?
What do yo think about that?>

Wow...I thought I was a weirdo until I saw this thread.I have been thinking about this since I was 10, and I still get headaches. I thought I was the only one then. However, my thoughts are slightly different from yours. I do not think of what people agree about or decide about when they see something (like this blue-green colour and he says it is geen but I say this is blue), but I think of what they perceive when they see something. It is kinda hard to bring across, but I think it is the same with what Nitefell has in the first post.Ok, there is this colour. I perceive it green. But another guy comes. He says it is green as well. Now my soul leaves my body and enters his. As I look through his eyes, will I see the same green? Or will I see another colour? Another colour, maybe blue to me, but because this guy has been taught that blue is green and he says it green, because that colour is named as green. Like what if this is the same for everything else? Like I see it like this, you see it like that, but we think we see the same thing, because we were taught that the "thing" we saw was to be refered to as a particular name. Not the mental opinon but the physical qualities. What is we have different dimensional perceptions?

The answer to that one is no. The pupil is what does the "seeing", the outside (colored) wouldn't affect anything.
@Nani Cheri -- But you have to think outside the box. Sure you can compare things on the rainbow, but what if someone else's rainbow is in a completely different order than yours? You can have red orange yellow and someone else can have purple blue green. :)

yeah that's true, but I've been thinking about my theory, but it makes no sense cause it's the same problem which was one in the first place..

Eveyone sees things diffrently thats what makes us who we are... its just that we as a society have things we all accept such as some colors and those sorts of things...we use common symbols and objects to communicate when words do not work...so really we all do see diffrently

Edited by tdktank59 (see edit history)

Maybe our minds may inverty or whatever misconstrue the image that we see of others or have like retinal problems. But I don't see how we can perceive others differently physically. We should be on the same accord to really understand the human anatomy and physiology. I just keep it simple. I never really thought of it in this way. I just K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid as my health teacher always says. lol. maybe if we had like a fancy for others we might see them in a good light rather than a normal view. Like you like someone and you see them in all the good parts.

Powerful Stuff

What If People All Saw Things Differently?

These thoughts have consumed me for a while now, I would like to bring a new dimension to the post if I may! What interests me (Sticking on the colours idea just for simplicity) what if we both see a colour and agree its blue (Just because it has been named as such) but what does that colour actually translate to within our minds? What I see as blue could be the same as what another person sees as pink, we know when we look at it to call it blue because of convention but our views could be completely different!

Does anyone know of any documented theories along this line as I am trying to include it in my dissertation?

Reagrds,

People percieve things in different ways.Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak. I mean some people like loud music with really loud basswhile others can't stand it. Others can't stand the smell of a woman's perfume, while for others itjust adds to the overall experience. Our sensory perceptions are all probably much different.They say that blind people have extra strong senses of smelland hearing etc.It's all relative.

Good exampleWhat If People All Saw Things Differently?

Wow, I was just talking to my friend about this. He is a fifty something year old and was a car painter for two decades. He has the interesting ability of seeing colours by everything that is in that colour. If he needs to touch-up a car, he can make that exact colour from scratch just by comparing and mixing colours. When he first told me about it, it kinda weirded me out cause the concept was foreign to me but I learned to understand what we could see. One red could have more green or yellow in it than the next one, he can see that. It's an astounding ability that could be used for many, many things.

-reply by Timo

hahaha xD I love you guys, most people don't think about things like that you know! It's impossible for people to be fully aware and know everything :P even if you try to know everything youll fail. Well... Maybe not if you first figure out how to live forever... Hmmm maybe it is possible... But I think itd be best if people spend equal time thinking as they do spending time doing nothing, and that they constantly share their ideas ( objectively of course ) with other people, only then can we reach an understaning in our world and not have as many problems. We are careless towards reality though... Its unfortunate, we kill and neglect each other constantly everyday, and no one takes responsibility. Its actually set up in the way no one has to take responsibility... People need to be aware, to have a wide view of things ( or atleast an understanding), they need to observe, they need to think, they must empathic towards themselves and others, they need to act and share what they think about, and be lesss sensitive and more considerate. Only then might we be able to fix our problems, but humans arent like that, itd be nice if we were. Wonder what our world would be like...

Yeah. Like one persons red could be someone elses blue. People think they are all the same thing. This is because you learn a color by how it looks and even though we see them differently we all agree on a name.I had another intresting thing I thought of too for you to think about. What if the planets are falling. Everything falls at the same speed wich would explain floating. So if were falling we must be moving to a center of gravity.Another thing is that if there were no lava in the center of the earth and you jumped through a hole. When you got to the exact center would you be floating?-reply by zak porterfield

The truth is will actually all see things differently. We just don't know it.The way I think can be different to some other persons way of thinking, there may be a certain formula in maths that I would use, when the other person simply uses a calculator. [basically the person using the calculator, lacks knowledge :(]Peoples personalities and actions refer to the way they see and think of things. Thats the way I see it.