xisto Community
Nitefell

What If People All Saw Things Differently?

I bet you would be really interested by Synesthesia, it's a condition where you can feel colors and taste with your eyes. your whole perception is off. A friend of a friend who suffers from this disease said a book he read tasted like chinese noodles. Other people will say things like the number 1 is light blue or 42 is reddish brown.Also people who have this can hear music and then taste and feel sensations, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Wonder and Eddie Van Halen all suffer/ed from synesthesia.And to keep on topic here, Animals perceive the world alot differently than humans so i think that it's possible that on another planet there could be humans identical to us who perceive the world in a completely different way.

Well, imo all people would become mad. One would see what the others wouldn't and the world would be different for everyone, creating possible riots and a major crisis.

I used to think about this stuff often especially in my early teens, for instance why isnt space white rather than black? Ofcourse later i learnt light is refracted in multiple directions from a sun and while some of it may reach us, the rest will be sucked into a blackhole and trapped, as is conventional wisdom.?I once had a serious time with "deep" depression in which i sore colors in a very desaturated manner, as close to black and white as to color. People who eat a lot of carrots get more vitamin A, and apparently see colors much more vibrantly than normal. ?Everyones perception/personality is different and will have a different take on things. "Mathematics" may be something where our state of mind and perception may converge much closer to that of each other, but still even then we could have different moods. The human mind is a hugely complex thing, maybe even George Bush' brain as well.?