xisto Community
Fu Still Better

What Country To Do You Live In, And Rate It.

Anyone who says there is freedom anywhere is deluded... if there is any rules or laws then there is no freedom (from the very first post) I live in England UK I give it a 9/10 for where i live in kent the rest of the country can have 6/10btw that first post made me laugh - I love america it just sounded so stereotypical its unbelievable. No but I would quite like to move to america the problem is the really stereotypical Americans get on my nerves and tbh I get on a whole lot better with british

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

hey to everyone here.i come from China and live there now.by heart 9/10 given by me. :P

I wonder how much the government paid you to say that...

I give it an 8/10 because their toilets are hard to use, and their schools are about 400% as strict as the ones we have here in Canada, plus the fact that Wikipedia is inaccessible. But that's about it. Just 1 point off. It's pretty good otherwise.

china is wonderfull country with much traditional culturre..such as kungfu.
NIce to meet you chinese people.., :P

Yeah, but culture is not everything. So many things are wrong in China, and some things are good. There are good and bad things in all countries, but... well, I do not really know what to say. I have never lived in China, but still I know a lot about the country. The people are amazing, yes. But the government... well I have not even got words to explain that part. I am terrified about some things that happen in China, and that people do not care much about. If any of that happened here or in many other countries then people would be terrified.

Some things I do not like.
- Some places there are horrible air. You can barely breath.
- I do not like that child policy... Only one child? Ugh...

But then again; many people are amazing. And the food? Wow, I love it. People are very kind and helpful. But the government... end of story.

I guess I need to rate my own country too...
I live in Norway. It lives about 4.6 million people in Norway, so it is a quite small country. Norway has been voted one of the best countries in the world to live in, and it is very wealthy. Most people have what they need and more. I believe to remember that Norway has been named the worlds best country to live in by the UN, several times. (2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006. I do not know what happened in 2007, 2008 or previous years.) Norway is an oil nation, and export a lot of oil.

Norway has/is...
Low unemployment.
Wealthy. (Norwegians earn 40 times more than the lowest rated country.)
High education
No death penalty. The longest time someone can stay in prison is 21 years.

And Norway is a beautiful country. Cold, but beautiful. Fjords, waterfalls, mountains.

And some bad things:
- Many things are outdated. Libraries, schools. Good education, but the schools are old... simply old.
- Norway is a expensive country. High taxes, and things just cost a lot of money. Cars, boats, houses, food, clothes.
- It can take a lot of time before you can go to the hospital. Not if it is anything urgent, but... well, it takes some time.
- The roads. Argh! The roads, specially on the countryside where I live are very old. It fits one car, if you know what I mean. But there are not more room for roads. Those mountains are all in the way... The roads are much better in the cities.

I forgot the rate-thingy. I would give it 7-9/10. It is a good country to live in.
Edited by Bluebear (see edit history)

Yeah, but culture is not everything. So many things are wrong in China, and some things are good. There are good and bad things in all countries, but... well, I do not really know what to say. I have never lived in China, but still I know a lot about the country. The people are amazing, yes. But the government... well I have not even got words to explain that part. I am terrified about some things that happen in China, and that people do not care much about. If any of that happened here or in many other countries then people would be terrified.
Some things I do not like.
- Some places there are horrible air. You can barely breath.
- I do not like that child policy... Only one child? Ugh...

But then again; many people are amazing. And the food? Wow, I love it. People are very kind and helpful. But the government... end of story.

I guess I need to rate my own country too...
I live in Norway. It lives about 4.6 million people in Norway, so it is a quite small country. Norway has been voted one of the best countries in the world to live in, and it is very wealthy. Most people have what they need and more. I believe to remember that Norway has been named the worlds best country to live in by the UN, several times. (2000-2001-2002-2003-2004-2005-2006. I do not know what happened in 2007, 2008 or previous years.) Norway is an oil nation, and export a lot of oil.

Norway has/is...
Low unemployment.
Wealthy. (Norwegians earn 40 times more than the lowest rated country.)
High education
No death penalty. The longest time someone can stay in prison is 21 years.

And Norway is a beautiful country. Cold, but beautiful. Fjords, waterfalls, mountains.

And some bad things:
- Many things are outdated. Libraries, schools. Good education, but the schools are old... simply old.
- Norway is a expensive country. High taxes, and things just cost a lot of money. Cars, boats, houses, food, clothes.
- It can take a lot of time before you can go to the hospital. Not if it is anything urgent, but... well, it takes some time.
- The roads. Argh! The roads, specially on the countryside where I live are very old. It fits one car, if you know what I mean. But there are not more room for roads. Those mountains are all in the way... The roads are much better in the cities.

I forgot the rate-thingy. I would give it 7-9/10. It is a good country to live in.

Not to mention that Norwegian is a little hard to learn... well, maybe not as hard as Russian, but still... (I'm Chinese as well, but I live in Canada.)

I live in the US -nods- I'd have to give it about a 7/10. There's a lot of good things, but a lot of bad things...one big problem is (around where I live anyway) the Christians think they rule the community, and thus, as of late, laws have been passed in other states that the Christians are always yelling about and saying won't happen in our state...I dunno...really...it's kind of getting annoying around here...all-in-all, though, the country is awesome ^^ It's just the city sucks ><

I'm the third person to post in this topic from New Zealand. I'd have to give it 9/10. I think it's a great country and that there's nothing wrong with it. We're not at the top of the list for anything bad(crime, poverty etc.). I think that many people from other countries recognize New Zealand as the place that Lord of the Rings was filmed in, and Peter Jackson the Director being a New Zealander. One thing we are at the top of in the world(apart from Rugby) is our woman are apparently the sluttiest in the world(according to data from a contraceptive company). Apparently they have the most sexual partners in the world. In contrast to that, we were the first country to let woman vote.

I live in England if i would to rate the country as a whole i would say 4/10. to rate the lake district (ie cumbria) the country side gets a 10/10 for me. the town i live in Barrow-in-furness 6/10 but we all cant have the best now can we

I live in KENT in ENgland:
I give it 6/10

PROS:
Some nice countryside
Lots of local produce (foods)
Near to the continent

CONS:
SOme not so nice people
Polution
Boring!
Weather is dismal

i live in san diego, california & i give it an 8
its way better than down south in mexico
& the views are WONDERFULL! but theres
just something that doesnt fit in.. like the fires
that happen everynow & then.. & the fear of the san andreas
earthquake followed by a tsunami! <_<

I live in the US. It's great right now because comparatively we have a lot more freedom than some countries. Also, the standard of living and median salaries are pretty good. However, I think that we are starting to decline. The war in Iraq is a huge drain on the country and the Euro is hurting the dollar. So 8/10 but we're going down.

I live in the UK, at the moment I hate it. I dont live in london, but i live in swindon. It's a town but it feels like a city. Immigrants EVERY where you look. Theres a little place called GorseHill, its full of phillipinoes and polish people!I rate england 2/10. You dont want to live here unless you like in rural areas. Like devon! Lovely there...

I live in India. And I'm really proud to be one among here. When it comes to rating, Nobody in the whole country can give a overall rating for this country. That is why it is said to have diversified cultures, its quite natural people having difference in opinion. And that too we are more than 100 Crores. So, I'm more than sure, Nobody can give a overall rating. Lemme try my best to rate My Motherland in some various aspects.Culture - 7/10Population - 9/10 (10/10 goes to China)women rights - 5/10Consumer rights - 2/10Effective Politics - 1/10 (Atleast, that is what politics is)Corruption control - .01/10Overall IQ rating - 9/10 (Most of them were non-residents here)All in all a mixed and super dooper country :lol:

I live in Fiji, and I must say, prices of food,petrol and anything you can name is really costly here...We also have some outdated technology so everything here sucks... So my rating is Culture - 5.5/10Population - 3/10Women Rights - 6/10Consumer Rights - 6.75/10Politics - 0/10( The government got kicked out by the military :lol:)Corruption Control - 2.5/10IQ - 6/10 ( most people here are average)My overall rating is 6/10, Prices are high, but the natural side is very nice and enjoyable. Also pretty hot :)