xisto Community
D.BOY

How To Create Embed Image Mail In Gmail

@Marina\'stadpole:

tested my method using photobucket, and was successful...

here's the sample image i used: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

one thing you should remember is to get the DIRECT link of the image, paste it on your browser and wait for it to load, then COPY it afterwards for pasting into your new gmail email composer. if you review the step-by-step instructions again, you'll never go wrong. ^_^ and it should not matter where you host your image for embedding into gmail, be it imageshack.us or photobucket, or any other image host as long as it can be made accessible online.

in any case, if you still experience problems, it might be good to include the exact error you received. maybe we can assist you better next time.

Kinda works, kinda doesn

Replying to serverph

Replying to serverph

First, gmail must be in the new version mode (upper right, near "Sign out"). It won't work at all in the older version mode.

I can embed images captured to the clipboard either from a browser (Firefox), or from any image viewer/editor that has clipboard capability (File>Copy, or Ctrl-C, usually).

However, after pasting into the Compose message window, they show up as the Windows html broken image link icon. I don't see the image.

When I send the message to a full rich-text capable mail client such as MS Outlook, I see the images properly.

By the way, you can select the "broken image link" icon and you get options for sizing the image: small, medium, large, and original. The resizing options only support square images - all non-square images are squished until they are square.

When I look in the sent folder at the message, the embedded images are completely gone. If I send the message to myself at gmail, the images are completely gone.

-reply by jmorfit3

NO SOLUTIONS!!!

Fellas,

None of you have given any easy solution. Although you upload your images in some site and it might even look like it works, I can tell you they are not. Take for instance, you compose a mail and send it to a mail server where all websites/domains have been blocked. In that case, they can only recieve mails and the places where the images are supposed to appear wont appear simply because the links wont work!!

Somebody for God sake, give a decent solution!

Cheers,

Braga

-reply by jbragadeesh

doubting thomases, post your email address here (or PM me) and i'll send you a sample email to show you it can be done. :D if you can't follow instructions as have been explained, then just simply GIVE UP! :D if you find nothing above that works, then make your brains work, and find a solution yourself. :( whining and demanding doesn't impress anyone. when you've got yourself a WORKING solution you can live with, then get back here so we can applaud your effort.

otherwise, just READ INSTRUCTIONS again, and maybe you'll get the hang of it and make it work for you. :D

Only one idea, ive never tried, but what about using outlook or somethign like that to edit the mail and send it via gmail pop account?-reply by naxa

I have been frustrated by this and couldn't get any of these methods to work for me. I did another search and found this, which works beautifully!!http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ by Shelly

Thank you!

That was the perfect explanation, I have been trying to figure it out for soooooooo long. You ROCK!

-reply by kamelia

The Easiest (maybe) Way

Use a mail program and send messages using that. You can use all the HTML you want. I recommend Mozilla Thunderbird.