xisto Community
D.BOY

How To Create Embed Image Mail In Gmail

embedding imagesHow To Create Embed Image Mail In Gmail

Although I know that sending graphics in e-mail is not difficult, I have spent the last hour trying to figger out how to do it. Your 10-step approach worked great! Thank you!

-reply by woody

serverph has got it right!  Thanks!  What he failed to mention is you can upload it to google docs online and so it makes it a little easier because you do not have to sign up for an image viewer online.  Click on documents then upload.  Upload your document then on upper right click on share and click on publish as webpage.  You can link on google docs to your blogspot blog too!

-reply by Rodney

Embedding images in GmailHow To Create Embed Image Mail In Gmail

There's a new way to do this. It's called PicturePaste.Com and is a small utility that allows any image on the system clipboard to be dragged into Gmail or most other rich text editors, even this one !  Works with Google Docs as well as other email editors.

-reply by charles

embedding images in GmailHow To Create Embed Image Mail In Gmail

Gmail offers this now if you go to Settings and then go to Labs. About half way down the list you will see where it offers to insert images for you.  Just click on Enable and then save changes.

When you go to compose a new email you will see an icon that looks like a picture in your formatting tools.   This will allow you to embed an image.

-reply by mtngoddess

Create an advertisement emailHow To Create Embed Image Mail In GmailHi to all,if recepient click an mail,it displays ads automatically without showing view or download links in an email.Is it possible?How to do this? help me please...-question by Swamy

Sorry to say but none of the 3 ideas are working here even after spending more than 2 hours on this. 1)FLICKR IDEA...........too complicated!! Please explain in a laymans language. And that means, explain for them who do not understand Flickr etc. 2) Imageshack IDEA......this idea works to a great extent, but the images are either too small or too large for the viewer/receiver. You just tell me how to resize the image or how to bring the image into the mid of the mailbox, which is usually on the extreme left after pasting.3)Notepad HTML IDEA....steps mentioned are unclear. Step no. 2 for example. Where to type? In the address bar? How will the html file appear in the image folder???

Hi to all !
Anybody can help me to create an email with embedded image so that mail reader automatically see that image. Moreover I wont attached that image as it appears small in size in on gmail.

Thanks in Advance.

The only way that I could find was to upload the image onto a site (or some blog or something) then copy and paste in Gmail :)

Thanks SO MUCH for the info. I have Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 and had to make these further adjustments: Incoming Server (POP3) 995This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)Outgoing Server (SMTP) 587 Use the following type of encrypted connection (TLS)

it can be done as what D.BOY wants it. :) i've done it several times successfully. :P

first thing to do is make your image available online. upload it somewhere, like https://www.imageshack.us/ for example. if you uploaded it in imageshack, get the direct link of the image and paste it on your browser.

here is a sample image i uploaded so you can test it yourself in the next steps: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

once its loaded in your browser, drag your mouse across the image so the whole image gets selected or highlighted (it would turn dark to indicate that it is successfully highlighted/selected). don't miss that part.

then while it is selected/highlighted, right-click your mouse over it, then from the menu which appears, choose COPY.

go to your GMAIL account, then COMPOSE MAIL. use RICH FORMATTING instead of PLAIN TEXT. then press CTRL-V to paste the copied image in your message body. the image will then show and appear embedded. fill out the recipients of your email, then send away!

of course, your recipients should be online to be able to view the image (in GMAIL, they should choose to DISPLAY IMAGES BELOW when they receive your email with embedded image).

if you doubt it, test it first. :P if you cant replicate what i've done PM me with your GMAIL address, and i'll send you an embedded image as proof myself :P

post your results below. :P btw, it will not appear as an attachment as it will directly access the online image from where you uploaded it when recipient views your email with embedded image.

@serverph this works 100% tried on July 31 2010 can embed the image in gmail. verified from the sent emails yet to hear from the recipient whether he is able to see the image embedded.. ny way thanks a tonn

New in Labs: Inserting imagesThursday, April 09, 2009 | 10:08 PMPosted by Kent Tamura, Software EngineerWell, it's about time. You no longer have to use workarounds to put images into your messages or attach images when you really want to inline them. Just turn on "Inserting images" from the Labs tab under Settings, and you'll see a new toolbar icon like this:Make sure you're in rich formatting mode, or it won't show up. Click the little image icon, and you can insert images in two ways: by uploading image files from your computer or providing image URLs.Keep in mind that Gmail doesn't show URL-based images in messages by default to protect you from spammers, so if you're sending mail to other Gmail users, they'll still have to click "Display images below" or "Always display images from ..." to see images you embed.

You guys will kick yourself once you see how easy it is:

1. Go to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=GgY8VIawHcKg8wePnYHgCg&gws_rd=ssl

2. On the right hand side, see "Other experiments at Google:". Click on Gmail labs.

3. If you are not logged into Gmail yet, it will ask you to login. Once you are logged in, you will see a list of Available labs. Find "Inserting Images" and click Enable. Then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save Changes.

4. Then just go to Compose Mail, and you will see the picture icon alongside all the other icons.

Enjoy!

Ah..this post is really simple. Addding as attachment, sending yourself, open the image, copy and compose a new email. my god, its really simple and works perfect..thanks a ton:):)