xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer Itunes for my music, and for videos I suppose it would be VLC player, there is something with their codec which fixes the bug in WMP of not being able to view divx coded videos even after installing the divx codec. Itunes is developing, the only thing I do not like about them is the part about adding the video to the library and that it takes pretty long to load up, but quality wise it is better than WMP IMO.

For videos it has to be VideoLan (VLC) and WinAMP for music. ;)I can play almost everything on VLC and WinAMP, I don't know why I prefer it, but maybe because it's classic as someone already said and damn easy to use, it's interface has grown over me and I can't stand Windows MediaPlayer too.

Ah yes, my favourite by far is also VideoLan (VLC) as other's mentioned ;) I found that it's able to play all my files, when many of my other players can't handle that many types. I do enjoy using Window's Media Player though to listen to my music, because of the playlists that I've created in there. But often I listen to albums and files full of music with the VideoLan player as well. It sort of depends on the time and files I'm after.

Now a days there are many Media Players, and its a difficult job to select a favorite one, because all have their own features and functions. But too I have a my favorite one, which is Video Lan and the Media Player 11. I love the media player 11 for its look and the videolan for its supporting many extensions... ;)

my favorite media player is Windows Media Player 11 and Storm Codec Media player classic. this last because it has the most used codecs and you can ad more codecs to it if you ant so you'll not worry about the format of the audio or the video at all, I like it :P

Winamp all the way. It takes very few resources, has wonderful plugins like an autostart or dsp plugin to enhance your mp3s, etc. I use it for music and movies since the sound plugins also improve the quality of avi movies and simulate surround sound speakers if you dont have them. I havent found a player that uses less resources and sounds better and i have tried a ton.

i prefer realplayer above windows media player and winampit runs almost everything from music and movies, and that is what i look for on the first placewindows media player 11 sucks at some point because it keeps on crashing at my pcit runs fine for a couple of songs and then suddenly it hangs on one spot and just stop respondinguncle microsoft should take a look at realplayer since realplayer has almost no bugs at all (not that i know any bugs)

I dont exactly have a favorite they all work the same for me. But the one i use the most is probably Windows Media Player. But i also use Windows Media Center. I really only use those for Videos and stuff like that. But for music i use itunes. I like it more for music playing.

For music, I prefer iTunes. That answer might change, though, as I'm getting a little tired of the resource hogging that the latest version seems to be doing. I'll probably give WinAmp another try. I haven't used that software in ages (years!) and really couldn't even tell you why I stopped using it.

Now here's my setup:VLC for videos; DVD, VCD, MPG more... (the best thing about this is, its free).Quicktime Alternative - Uses media player classic to play .mov .3gp and moreReal Alternative - Uses media player classic to play real media.DivX Lite - the codec only installerXvid - the codec only installerNow you can almost play anything, and these stuffs are super light weight programs! Codec-Packs are not recommended, they screw up video editing programs and other media players.

I am using Quicktime for lots of stuff and using iTunes as a music player. Problem I have is getting the Classic Rock and Roll I like. Hard to find 8 tracks converted to mp3's...

Winamp FTW!Here are the reasons why...Winamp sits there on a small piece of my screen playing my music. It works well with internet radio. What more do I want. It doesn't want to take over my life like MSplayer, it doesn't try to deluge me with advertising like RealPlayer.It produces playlists for my iRiver.OK it doean't rip, but I would rather use dedicated software for that.It has great skins and visualisations. Fully customisable, plays almost every audio format.A vast number of radio stations and streaming music all for free.Fully skinablevery light on cpu usage(When minimised uses less than 3%)Very good Media Library.Plugins extend functionally even further.Windows Media Player...most of the screen you don't even need. Media Players are emant to do one thing: play music, and that's what it does. Sure it's a bit slow opening up, but other than that, it owns!

My favourite Mediaplayer is K-Lite Mega Codec Pack with Mediaplayer Classic. The reason is that the codec pack is MEGA, it has support for almost everything you'll need to play. A "small" list from their website shows the codecs:

? DirectShow video filters:

- XviD [version 1.2.0-dev build 2006-11-02]- DivX [version 6.5.1.0]

- On2 VP6 [version 6.4.2.0]

- On2 VP7 [version 7.0.10.0]

- MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 (Cyberlink) [version 6.0.0.3402]

- MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 (InterVideo) [version 7.0.27.191]

- MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 (DScaler5) [version 0.0.8.0]

- MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 (Gabest) [version 1.0.0.3]

- MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 (MainConcept) [version 1.0.0.78]

- MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 (Ligos) [version 4.0.0.77]

? VFW video codecs:

- XviD [version 1.2.0-dev build 2006-11-08]

- x264 [rev. 600]

- Windows Media 9 VCM [version 9.0.1.369]

- On2 VP6 [version 6.4.2.0] [Encoding]

- On2 VP7 [version 7.0.10.0] [Encoding]

- Intel Indeo [version 5.2562.15.54]

- Intel Indeo [version 4.51.16.2]

- Intel Indeo [version 3.24.15.03]

- Intel I.263 [version 2.55.1.16]

- huffyuv [version 2.1.1 CCE Patch 0.2.5]

- I420 (Helix) [version 1.2]

- YV12 (Helix) [version 1.2]

? QuickTime Alternative:

- QuickTime codecs [version 7.1.3.100]

- QuickTime plugin for Internet Explorer

- QuickTime plugin for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Opera

- Extra QuickTime plugins

- QuickTime DirectShow parser

- QuickTime DirectShow decoder wrapper

? Real Alternative:

- RealMedia codecs [version 6.0.12.1741]

- RealMedia plugin for Internet Explorer

- RealMedia plugin for Firefox/Mozilla/Netscape/Opera

- RealMedia DirectShow splitter [version 1.0.1.1]

? DirectShow audio filters:

- MP3 (Fraunhofer) [version 1.9.0.311]

- AC3/DTS/LPCM (AC3Filter) [version 1.11]

- AC3/DTS/LPCM (InterVideo) [version 7.0.27.191]

- MP1/MP2 (MainConcept) [version 1.0.0.78]

- Vorbis (CoreVorbis) [version 1.1.0.79]

- AAC (CoreAAC) [version 1.2.0.575]

- AAC (3ivX Pro) [version D4 4.5.1]

- MusePack [version 1.0.0.3]

- Monkey's Audio [version 1.00]

- WavPack (CoreWavPack) [version 1.0.3]

- FLAC (illiminable) [version 0.73.1936]

- Voxware MetaSound [version 1.0.0.12]

- AAC encoder (3ivX Pro) [version D4 4.5.1]

? ACM audio codecs:

- MP3 (Fraunhofer) [version 3.3.2]

- MP3 (LAME) [version 3.97]

- AC3 (ffcHandler) [version 1.3.1]

- Vorbis [version 0.0.3.6]

- DivX :P Audio [version 4.2.0.0]

? DirectShow source filters:

- MP4 splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.6.400.11]

- MP4 splitter (Gabest) [version 1.0.0.3]

- Matroska splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.6.400.11]

- Matroska splitter (Gabest) [version 1.0.2.9]

- Ogg splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.6.400.11]

- FLV splitter (Gabest) [version 1.0.0.1]

- MPEG-TS splitter (Haali Media Splitter) [version 1.6.400.11]

- MPEG demuxer (Cyberlink) [version 1.0.0.4528]

- MPEG demuxer (Gabest) [version 1.0.0.3]

- MPEG demuxer (MainConcept) [version 1.0.1.20]

- MPEG demuxer (Elecard) [version 1.0.31.51211]

- MP3 Source (DCoder) [version 1.3]

- SHOUTcast Source [version 1.0.0.1]

? DirectShow subtitle filter:

- DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.37]

- DirectVobSub (a.k.a. VSFilter) [version 2.33]

? DirectShow audio filters (general purpose):

- Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher [version 0.9.9]

It is my favourite because it is:

- It replace windows mediaplayer, real player & quicktime

- Simple

- Without all the fancy stash

- It gives you what you want, and uses minimal CPU

- You can controll so many features and EQ's with the program

- It is small, easy to use, and it works

If you too want to take a look at this mediaplayer, and download it for free, visit http://ww1.k-litecodecpack.com/

(btw. sorry for the long list of codecs, but K-lite delivers :D )

Notice from jlhaslip:

Long lists such as this should be inside bbcode quote tags. Please read the - Xisto Readme - as it lists the Guidelines for proper posting here at the Xisto.

Verbal Warning only.