xisto Community
finaldesign

The Best Media Player Which is your best media player?

The best emdia player is:  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have actually forced myself to like Windows Media Player 11, the best !!! That is because , most people in my locality use Windows based computers. And very few out of those opt for third party media players . So, to make me feel at home most of the time, i prefer using windows media player. Saying that, I should say Windows Media player is not short of features !!! It does give me some painful hours whenever i try out a new media format. The only bad thing about windows media player is its bundled codecs. They are not sufficient enough. But once we install a third party codec pack such as the K-Lite codec pack, things should be fine.Also, windows media player is not good when it comes to playing partially downloaded media files. I am a big fan of VLC media player in this regard.VLC player could play almost anything !! And it can play partially downloaded/corrupt media files. The problem with VLC is that, it has a bad seekbar. If only it had an interface like Windows Media Player 11, it would have definitely been the best player according to me.Power DVD is good when it comes to watching DVD movies.Real Player doesn't excite me much. But, I really like the rm media format. It is one of the best video compression techniques I have used to rip my movies. I like DivX for its codec pack more than its player.

i really like windows media player 10 but not the 11. the 10 is simpler and you got all the tools you will usually need. codecs are always compatible with 10 but when the upgrade happened, it change and they added useless stuff i hate it

Well i went for Windows media player i have WMP 11 and its been messing me about too much. It wont update all the cd's i copy so there all song 1 song 2 song 3 and so on. And it wont put the album together as a album on WMP. It puts the songs on there but it will put them in different folders. Its been like this for months. So i downloaded WinAMP and it seems a little complicated to me. I might get used to it but its going to take time. Does anyone have i-tunes ?? if so can you tell me if i download it can i move my files from Windows Media Player over to i-tunes ? thanks

the best is Crystal Player ^_^no doubt for meits the greatest and smaller media player! and its free!!try it!

Notice from rvalkass:
Download link removed. The software normally costs €25.95, so a free download link at Rapidshare is questionable.

wmp is the best music player around in my opinion. Its very user friendly and has a lot of features as well =)

I use a few different media players. I use Windows Media Player for general MP3 listening, but Winamp is good for listening to all those formats that Windows Media Player can't handle. Then there's iTunes, which works with your iPod. I also use Modplug Player to listen to the tracks I'm using in my MMO, as Windows Media Player nor iTunes supports them... Winamp does, but Modplug is faster and smaller I find. It all depends on your needs. :lol:

No comments, WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER is the best player ever, microsoft is the best. Media Player accept and work with all codecs.

Windows Media Player works with very few codecs. For example, most of my media is in Ogg Vorbis and Theora format, and I don't think Windows Media Player will open them. That is why I use Amarok and MPlayer - completely free is every sense of the word, and I have never found some media they can't play.

i have used many media players but i like vlc the most because it can play any type of file even some of the broken files too.Here is some description of this software.

VLC media player is a free software media player written by the VideoLAN project.
It is a portable multimedia player, encoder, and streamer supporting many audio and video codecs and file formats as well as DVDs, VCDs, and various streaming protocols. It is able to stream over networks and to transcode multimedia files and save them into various different formats. VLC used to stand for VideoLAN Client, but that meaning is now deprecated.

It is one of the most platform-independent players available, with versions for BeOS, BSD, Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, MorphOS, Solaris and Windows CE, and is widely used with over 65 million downloads for version 0.8.6.3

VLC uses a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries. Many of its codecs are provided by the libavcodec codec library from the FFmpeg project, but it uses mainly its own muxer and demuxers. It also gained distinction as the first player to support playback of encrypted DVDs on Linux by using the libdvdcss DVD decryption library.

Thats why i like the most,Please use this software then you will find why i am telling this.Thanx

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy must have Quote tags put around it.

post-62589-1211656067_thumb.png

I like Quintessential media player (QMP) which is in beta. It is essentially QCD with a media library and obviously more improvements and bugfixes, based on old winamp code, I like it.

from quinnware.com

and it is compatible with all winamp dsps, and alot of other plugins.

WMP - Simply because it comes stock with installation of windows and theres no need to install anything. All you really need a media player for is to play media. You don't need any fancy interfaces or anything that makes it look "cool" just needs to play what it should and play it good :D