xisto Community
amit nigam

Robots : Our Future Or Our End

ROBOTS : Our Future Or Our End  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Robots might become harmful in the future, but never to an extent where they will be the cause of our end. Why do I think this you might ask? The answer lies in my mind. And yours, and everyone else's mind. Robots will never have what we humans are greatly known for, our brain. With this great weapon we can think of any solution to a problem. Nothing, not even super robots can defeat the power of the mind.

i cant see robots being capable of learning. And this isnt no Japanese anime or the terminator where the robot dont blow up. If you get a missle say good bye. There is no strong alloy metal that will not be blown up. Come on people. Robots will never take us...

I am afraid of how rapidly technology is growing. In a couple hundred or thousands of years, robots, I tihkn, will have the capability to do everything we do now. Robots will put many people out of business and out of money. Plus, they will change the whole way the econemy works. That's just what I think though. Good topic!

Hah. I finally watched i, Robot (I still have yet to read the book, unfortunately). It's an interesting concept. Will robots be protecting us from ourselves by oppressing and controlling us?And I think that, if a robot does start harming humans, it will be because humans told them to. Either an accident (of some sort...) or a programmed "attack." I don't think that it is possible for robots to spring out and suddenly start killing people.

This is an importance subject, and just for you to know, i have voted "YES", why, simple, did you not see the movies:. I, Robot. Exterminator 1, 2, 3This are movies, yes, but they used a subject, or better, our future problem, maybe our death, to create interesting movies.Of course, this problems won't be for our generation, at least for mine (i am 28 years), i beleave that in a first phase, robots will help the humans, but as long as they develop, as long has the artificial inteligence develops, the robots will "become" smart, and then smarter, and then genious, and some they they will take over the rest of the planet earth, yes, the rest of it, or at least, they will take over the planet that those generations will be living in.Robots and artificial inteligence are a threat, it is a matter of time untill they take over everything, it is a matter of logic and time.One more thing, and now i am more certain, those 12 "NO" votes are exactly like the inventors and cientists think, i mean, they do not think, they can not see the harm that robots/artificial inteligence can do to all of us in the future, and that is why they will take over!

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

I voted yes as well because they already have robots that can help elderly people by giving them extra strength to lift and do things which people can use to their advantage. People can create robots for mass destruction and soon robots that can teach themselves how to destroy people more and more as they go along because they will learn more on what to expect. I mean you never know what could happen if someone goes mad or if a robot falls into the wrong hand. Pretty scarry to think of what could happen, but you know this is the future and I like to stick with the present. Who knows robots might not ever be made and if they are they are controlled. I guess we shall find out.

I think they'll become our end, if they become advanced enough. If we make them so that they can "think" on their own, there's no telling what they might do. But robots will never come close to the human, because they're man-made, and we're God-made =)

Why are we discussing what someone will do in the future? There is almost no way this can happen because in 20 years, we'll still be alive and still have a voice. So by saying that there will be many robot wars and such seems as if you won't do anything about it if it happens - even though you seem so concerned...

Take my words, people will be way more worried about other things than robots. Robots will not be our end, People will. Or did you all already forget what our planet is evolving to? because of humans.And I'm talking about our most important current global issue that is global warming, among other political and governamental conflicts, so believe me, don't worry about robots right now. They will not be our end. (At least not my end)But anyway, relating to the topic, all I can say is that they cannot ever possibly be smarter than humans (take a computer for example, it can calculate the pi number to an incredible extent, but that does not make it smarter), but they can indeed harm us, but for that we must let them do so. Many people have died due to 'electronic' accidents, like putting their hand where they souldn't and getting electrocuted (weird example but I can't think of anything else right now) so just wait to see what will happen.

I'd say yes, they will be harmful to us in the future. However, it's not because of the fact that they might develope Artificial Intelligence or anything like that. (They might, but I'm not taking that into consideration here)As of now, everyone uses a robot in their life. A robot is designed to improve a human's lifestyle. However, in our generation, robots have become such a big part of our life, they're a step away from replacing humans. As of now, thousands of robots are working in factories, or places like that, doing things that we humans can't do, or have a hard time doing, for practically nothing. They don't get paid, nor do they get tired.Just think of it. In the future, if our technology continues to evolve, there won't be a need for human hands to work. Everything will be done by robots. And that will be the downfall of humans. Soon, we will be unable to do things that is usually a piece of cake for us.Robots are the future. But they can also be our end.

Well, if one believes in evolution and the like, one could consider robots to be the next step in human evolution. Then again, one could take the stance of Smith in The Matrix and consider robots to be a cure for the cancer that is humanity (which, if one thinks about it, may very well be the truth).

The danger of any science technology becomes more viable when we humans depend much more on it. If the robots get complete AI then in future we may expect things like robot agitation, strikes, voilence like in iRobot can be seen in our future.

Well, i dont see that only as a fiction. Maybe it won t be possible with the kind of robots we are producing now. But as time goes, advancements in robots will obviously get in ... There is every possibility of robots being a threat to mankind, if it is being fed with the kind of AI, we could possibly develop. It would depend upon how much AI our future generation's Robots would have . I guess , we wont be around to see what happens then...

Robots in the future... Theme it is used in movies, books, and unanswered questions...... Robots will in future 100% help to humans... We are created by nature, we have our DNA and what are robots have?! Electronical or electromechanical systems who are used by softwares, with who are robots trying to help in a working project or process... As long as we do not fully understand nature and how are we maden, we will not be able to create robot to be superior than us... And that will not hapen in a near future.... There are so many unanswered questions about our born, or creating, and that is a key problem... We do not now and I think we will never understand basic principes of natural processes, and again if we figure out that we will have the key to make things better or worst. It depends of AI we made... If we do not be careful, we can made psyhicaly stronger and more superior electormechanical devices, than we are... I think, again, nobody is stupid enought to make something more clever than it is.. If we look at the church, GOD is making our lives more or less good... And again in technic and science, peoples are have to put first and last word.... What will happen, who knows, maybe my computer is now listening to me and what I am writing, and it is laughing in my face on frequency I can not hear.... What do you think? Is ti?!

Well when robots gain the benifit of artifial intellegence I think that we would easily be able to rid ourselves of aggressive robots. But the chance of robots ever trying to kill is is super unlikely since were not that supid. Well hopefully.

artificial intellegience? you either no something or you don't, but robots will never be like humans. they are/will be COMPUTERS we don't see computers taking over the world now do we? As so, robots are computers and they can/NEVER will be the end of society.