xisto Community
amit nigam

Can There Be More Than One Universe?

Universe : Single or Infinite !!!!!!!!!!!  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:) Nobody really knows what lies out there, maybe theres some other sort of life form out there! No one really knows. We dont have enough facts to prove if there is or if there isn't :P

this sort of thing actually interest me a lot ,i had seen a show on discovery which actually dealt with a guy who was making a time machine ,the show discussed many ways how a time machine could be made what they said was all confusing but ill share here whatever they said ,1. time machine could be made by revolving earth and reaching your initial position before you even leave now please don't ask me how that's possible because this is what they said ,they said that if we reach before we leave we can go to the past2. the other way actually goes like thissee if i run at 2 km/hr speed you run at 1 km/hr speed in the same direction you would find me running at 1 km right?but the case in light is different ,plz don't ask me i don't know whylike if i m going at speed of light and your are running at half the speed ,ypu'll find me running at the speed of lighti know it looks illiogical but they say these are the basic characteristics of lightyou can naver understand physcist! :)

If there was more than 1 universe it wouldn't change anything because space shuttles can only just about get to pluto and back so people would'nt be able to even get out of our own solar system never mind our universe. So i think there is only 1.

When we say 'more than one Universe', do we really mean to say multiple universes or is it Parallel universe that we are thinking about? These two concepts are phenomenal however the idea of Parallel universe doesnt seem to be logical to me for one. There sure could be (and I am pretty sure there are) more than one universes as the Space is almost Infinite atleast in theories but are these 'Other universes' linked to ours in a way that we can relate to them seems rather a far fetched idea to me.

When I think "multiverse", I think of multiple "dimensions" that share the same space as our universe, but all contain different matter (just in a different phase state, as someone from Star Trek would say). It's like a bunch of rooms lined up with no windows or doors - if you look at them from a certain angle, they will all line up and appear to be as one, but they are actually sharing the same plane. None of these "universes" (in this case, the rooms) would be truly aware of the existance of the neighbors unless they were able to punch through the wall from one to another. As odd as it sounds, this would be much more feasable than actually travelling from planet to planet by moving through space, since the distances between dimensions may not be as large as one would think.

I think this universe we live in is trhe only one. It is totaly against science. The science predictates that our universe is endless, and I dont know why, but I trust in science... I can not imagine this space with no borders. From the begining of my life, evrerything I saw had an start and the end... But, look in the sky, you can see there are many, many stars, a long distance is between us and these stars, and again, I belive if someone lives on planets can see further than us...

I think this universe we live in is trhe only one. It is totaly against science. The science predictates that our universe is endless, and I dont know why, but I trust in science... I can not imagine this space with no borders. From the begining of my life, evrerything I saw had an start and the end... But, look in the sky, you can see there are many, many stars, a long distance is between us and these stars, and again, I belive if someone lives on planets can see further than us...

Like he said....they say the universe is endless....but isnt the univers defined something like its everything (nice summary huh?) but seriously how could there be another one? if the universe is EVERYTHING then how could there be another universe?

well i believe in God so i think that there isn't another one, however if you are an evolutionist (believe in evolution, big bang etc.) then thats a different story.FOR (if your an evolutionist): our universe was created by a peice of dirt suddenly appearing and then deciding to spin around really fast. so it plausaable that other universes was created like this too.AGAINST (if your an evolutionist): As i said above you universe was created by a peice of dirt that decided it wanted to spin around real fast, However our universe is still growing at the speed of light so if there was another universe it would be so far away that the expansion of our univesre connot colide with the other universes expansion. or maybe this would be the end of the universe...........

But think this way too.... There is no space for two universes... If one is endless, where you can put other one??? If this we live in is endless, there can't be another becouse there is no space to put secound, becouse if you have two or more universes, you must have a barriers to make them separate... But scientists belives our is endless... So... What can I add?!I belive in God, and in one universe...

I agree with the above post. Look at the definition and general statement when you see the word "universe". Since the universe is endless, and there is no end, then how could there be more than one? It is up for debate and thinking though. Think about things closely and recall the ideas of the big bang theory. The huge explosion caused the expansion that is still progressing today. But remember, everything in space has a beginning and an end. Once the universe has stopped expanding, and it will (although billions of years from now), it will obviously then contract. What will be left? Everything will condense once more into a big ball of crap, and that'll be all there is? A very interesting topic no doubt.

well to be true nothing is impossible it may be possible that we may have more than one universe.infact i strongly beleive that there are more than one universe all we need to do is to discover and we may also find life existing somewhere.In this world we have a lot of things that one cant explain and they are still undiscovered.Well there must be a way which caused life to be generated on earth.it must have come from some permutations and combinations.so if the same permutation and combination could happen elsewhere why cant there be another universe wher life exists.

I don't follow the finite/infinite or bounded/unbounded concepts, but I do believe that by definition the universe is all space and time. In other words, if we discover something "else", wouldnt we would just classify it as part of the current universe we never found before? Or we would redefine the term "universe", or even just call it something else.

My opinion is that there is another universe.At the beginning of the school year, my history teacher has briefly explained the universe story.The universe was created in a fraction of a second with the Big Bang theory. Galaxies were seeded soon and as the Milky Way galaxy develops etc,etc.We haven't explored enough to find out possibilities. I think that all we have explored are around the Milky Way galaxy (by bots).Maybe we will discover this in another 3 million years. LOL Our universe is approximately 15 bya (billion years old).

Even though universes may have no end, that doesn't mean there can't be another one out there. I might not be right next to our universe but there may be something in between. No one can definately say that there isn't another universe because no one has been outside our universe to prove it. Look at it this way, we all once thought that everything revolved around the Earth thanks to Aristotle. Everyone believed it until Copernicus came along and said now wait a minute, everything revolves around the sun. That changed beliefs of everyone and started confusion. Galileo confirmed that not everything revolves around the Earth, but the planets revolve around the sun and moons revolve around the planets. Everyone also once believed that things travel in straight lines until we found that there is some mysterical force pulling down upon them to make it curve. (gravity) So really we might think there is one universe now but there may be others out there, we don't know how big space is, and we might not ever for generations. But I like to keep open the possibilites. If there is one universe that's cool too, doesn't really matter at this moment in time though.