xisto Community
amit nigam

Can There Be More Than One Universe?

Universe : Single or Infinite !!!!!!!!!!!  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you guys bothered to read the first page, that's what I said there right at the beginning innit??? :)

I don't think of it as being a barrier, rather just an end of the range of matter, followed by an infinite void.

That is the definitioin of the Universe as we know it, and if there was something else that ran parallel to it, or another one of it in some other form, the combination of both would either still be represented by the word "Universe," or the definition of unverse as we know it would have to be changed in order to allow such a thing to exist. He is right, as I was when I first stated this earlier in the discussion, that the definition of the word Universe allows for only 1 Universe to exist at all, period.

Keep the discussion goin' people! It's quite fun :)

Of course there would have to be more universes out there. its like the unknown, For all we know there could be people like in the movie "One, with jet Lee" (Theres a twin of us for every universe)and there could be millions of other "animals". it just seems dumb to sit there and say there isnt, especially if you don't know!

According to Science, NO, there cannot be more than one universe ( Excluding a parallel universe, that's a different thing i'll mention in a second) There was only one bigbang, outstretching like a water droplet in waves in a big ring, thus there is evidence of only one universes creation. and only can be one.As for parallel universes, they exist, for one total reasonEverything in the Universe has an oppositeAll Basic Laws and creations (Elements, Matter, The Laws, of going foward and backward, North, South)All have opposites, complex things ( Streets, signs) have a totally different story, not for here.Matter has anti-matterNow everything like this works and controls in a unsafe parallel universe, obviously parallel or back to back with ours. Somtimes things cross in and out, defying all things made, but usually everything is separate.Somtimes we create opposites, but those are just creations, not brought from the parallel universe

Yes no doubt about it. Every genius there ever was knows this. The odds of there not being one is more then 1:100000000000000000000000000000000000000000. Its true. Think about all the space out there. OK now add all the planets. That's a lot. The only people i know that don't think this is religious people who state that there is not because God never said anything about it in the bible and other things.

I've become convinced, after several readings into parallel universes, that parallel universes do exist, but I do not consider them to be actual other universes, thus making our the only "real" universe to exist.

Thanks to you all!i have learnt so much from this.i have seen too many statements like that universe means all that we have.but the actually meaning of universe is not that since even some of the greatest scientists have talked about other universe.

For those who don't want to bother themselves thinking too much about other universes or paralell universes, duoverses or triverses, or do not believe in them, just wait untill you die. Then ask yourself again in which universe are you :) . No way to contradict that. There is just no possible proof to prove what happens to "you" when you die.^One of the perspectives that kills me.

I don't know if this has been said already but it look as though people are confused as to what to call a reality with more than one universe, well in Quantom Physics such a thing is called MultiVerse because as people have said Uni means one. Pretty much all Quantom theory says there are infinitly many universes onot eactly like ours but very very similar, meaning a couple of events would have changed. Honestly you can say there are many many other universes but even still you can't prove they are just like ours. They just have to abide by the same set of rules we do that's all.

In science i learned also that the universe is growing. The planets are not, but the universe is. This means the planets are getting farther away. If there is more then one universe do you think that this universe will someday "bump" the other because it is growing?

There could very well be two universes as in the views of the popular anime fullmetal alchemist. I believe this to be true because why else would god put us on this universe, if there were no afterlife or something of the sort?

We are one of over 5 million different solar systems, there are many many solar systems that we havnt been able to veiw or understand. The universe is endless and we havent even came close to making it to another solar system.

Ofcourse MAn..YESWe are in our solarsystem. Then our solarsystem is our milky way galaxy and that galaxy is in a certain universe. Space my friend is endless, there is no limit to it. It just keeps going on forever. We are being foolish to say that there is only one universe now dimension? thats a toughy..aliens..ofcourse

It depends on how one interprets "more than one universe." If one considers it to mean that there is another cluster of galaxies outside our own, I would definately say yes, while if one is referring to a multiverse, or series of similar universes existing on the same physical plane but in different phases, then the answer is less certain, although Quantum Mechanics suggests "yes."